Royal Up

8 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Have people been getting Royal Up invitations since cruising stopped?

It would give something else to track.  🙂

I believe your sailing has to be within 30 days before you can bid on Royal Up. The first possible sailing is still over 50 days out.

I got one for my april 26th cruise .... the day after they cancelled it.

I saw some posting about waiting for their royal up refund who bought it ... but I can confirm they were sending them out for the end of april cruises. Probably had them on auto send? I remember some who were putting in for royal ups ... in case their cruise went. We were over optimistic back then. 

I cant wait to start hearing they are coming again.

Royal doesn't even how how many cabins they will sell or how many cabins they will need keep empty to limit the number of people onboard.

Royal Up is one of the last things on their mind.  I actually can see it being discontinued!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Royal doesn't even how how many cabins they will sell or how many cabins they will need keep empty to limit the number of people onboard.

Royal Up is one of the last things on their mind.  I actually can see it being discontinued!

Looking at a couple of my upcoming sailings and there are a ton of empty suites.  I can’t see them passing up the opportunity to get some of the few people actually booked on the sailing to shell out a few more $ to upgrade.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looking at a couple of my upcoming sailings and there are a ton of empty suites.  I can’t see them passing up the opportunity to get some of the few people actually booked on the sailing to shell out a few more $ to upgrade.  

Remember that we are probably months away from sailings to begin.  Cabins will fill up in that time.  Meanwhile Royal will need to struggle with the question of capacity control as it will relate to social distancing.

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Remember that we are probably months away from sailings to begin.  Cabins will fill up in that time.  Meanwhile Royal will need to struggle with the question of capacity control as it will relate to social distancing.

Every week we get closer to final payment we get more cabins are cancelled.  That will not change whether sailings resume in December or next March or further out.

Once sailings resume it’s very easy for them to put caps on them.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

What is your reasoning to see this program discontinued.  🤔

In todays environment it makes more sense thsn ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's what I was thinking. If at 70% capacity they might as well fill the more expensive cabins and see if they can get more people to royal on up. Let the unoccupied 30% be the cheap seats. 

In the past I've been able to RoyalUp at different times as it has varied with each cruise. Each time I never received an invitation to do so. I just logged on and input my info and it allowed me to place my bids. I have never gotten any of them but it was fun trying. I'm usually pretty comfortable with the category I had chosen but what the heck no reason to not give it a try...you never know.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

In the past I've been able to RoyalUp at different times as it has varied with each cruise. Each time I never received an invitation to do so. I just logged on and input my info and it allowed me to place my bids. I have never gotten any of them but it was fun trying. I'm usually pretty comfortable with the category I had chosen but what the heck no reason to not give it a try...you never know.

Thanks Ashland, that is the part I couldn't remember (when the emails were sent out). I can tell you that I have tried to royal up for my November cruise, but the website tells me it needs to be 30 days or less. 

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What if......

Let’s say you are able to Royal Up, are you then able to L & S the new cabin status?

M8

L&S may be over before Royal Up is back

FWIW, I was surprised you could get price drops on L&S'ed cabins. You know that won't happen to any of 'ours' 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I was surprised you could get price drops on L&S'ed cabins. You know that won't happen to any of 'ours' 😉

I doubt it will even happen for my October 2020 to October 2021 Oasis cruise.  I booked it the first day it was available and got 3 or 4 price drops before the L&S.  I will be all over it if it does drop though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Let's face it, Royal's IT leaves much to be desired.  There may be limitations put in place regarding the number of passengers onboard and their cabin locations.  Is Royal's software up to the challenge?  

Please remember my comment was speculation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Let's face it, Royal's IT leaves much to be desired.  There may be limitations put in place regarding the number of passengers onboard and their cabin locations.  Is Royal's software up to the challenge?  

Please remember my comment was speculation.

It's my understanding that RoyalUP is a subcontracted process.  So they should be fine

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

True.  But that does not prove whether or not the subcontractor is any better than Royal's own IT department.

Honestly don't recall any serious SNAFU's brought up in the old RoyalUP thread

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

True.  But that does not prove whether or not the subcontractor is any better than Royal's own IT department.

Plusgrade, the company that runs Royal Up, is used by over two dozen airlines for their upgrade process - they have a much better history with IT issues. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was able to get price drops on three cabins I have booked (extended family) all with FCC's...they just repriced them..re-added the FCC's and will now get the extra added on to new FCC'c that were already in place for the excess original amounts.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I was able to get price drops on three cabins I have booked (extended family) all with FCC's...they just repriced them..re-added the FCC's and will now get the extra added on to new FCC'c that were already in place for the excess original amounts.

Rory and I (and a few others) got massive cost savings booking suites. I can't see their ever being any savings in the future

• Like 4