Who Has Cruised with the Medallion?

INeedAMaiTai

We’ve been on three medallion cruises so far and I have been fine with leaving it on the lanyard.  I like not having to take it out of anything (pockets, purse, etc.).  My guy keeps his in his pocket (men’s pants always have pockets).  If we return to cruising I may be interested in trying the Amazon wristbands.  We go to Disney World frequently and love the convenience of the Magic Bands.

I used this on my fitbit watch band.  This way I wasn't wearing anything additional, like a clip or lanyard or additional wrist band, it fit right on my watch which I was already wearing.   Many people asked me where I got it, including lots of Princess staff.  It will only fit on a fairly narrow watch band, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Luke3DP-Adapter-Holding-Carnival-Medallion/dp/B07RC2B9BY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=66DVF7XADJF3&dchild=1&keywords=cruise+medallion+holder&qid=1599649391&sprefix=cruise+me%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-1

image.thumb.png.8dc3a8700310f719180aef049e73f2ae.png

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roxievegas said:

At this day and time, I would be willing to duck tape it to my forehead.  Ready to get on a ship and go

Same here!!!! Booked for a Feb short with 2 days on the cruise line island!!!  It is a start!!

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

I used this on my fitbit watch band.  This way I wasn't wearing anything additional, like a clip or lanyard or additional wrist band, it fit right on my watch which I was already wearing.   Many people asked me where I got it, including lots of Princess staff.  It will only fit on a fairly narrow watch band, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Luke3DP-Adapter-Holding-Carnival-Medallion/dp/B07RC2B9BY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=66DVF7XADJF3&dchild=1&keywords=cruise+medallion+holder&qid=1599649391&sprefix=cruise+me%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-1

image.thumb.png.8dc3a8700310f719180aef049e73f2ae.png

I was looking into these (have it saved on my wishlist).  Was it secure enough?  I was worried about it falling out.

Wife got a wrist band on Amazon and is happy with that approach. It’s secure and accessible. 

Given the huge security hole that Princess has thus far neglected to patch, I’m afraid of losing the medallion if I simply put it in my pocket so I keep it on a lanyard and put the actual device in my shirt pocket. Or simply inside the shirt if I’m wearing a tee. This way it’s out of sight and secure. 

31 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I was looking into these (have it saved on my wishlist).  Was it secure enough?  I was worried about it falling out.

Yes, the medallion fit in the holder very securely.  No chance of it falling out.

2 hours ago, roxievegas said:

At this day and time, I would be willing to duck tape it to my forehead.  Ready to get on a ship and go

I think another poster mentioned that previously.

His medallion would not open cabin door without taping it on the screen a few times.

With it taped to one's forehead, one can just bang their head as needed.

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:20 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

I'm planning ahead (hoping for the future) and was wondering how you prefer to carry your medallion?  I'm debating on just keeping it in the lanyard or getting the wrist band thing.  What are your personal opinions?

No problems what so ever. We cruised on the SKY Princess. A great ship and the Medallion worked perfect. 

At the bar you will need to place it on the scanner on the bar. Otherwise you never need to remove it. The necklace holders for sale on the ship are beautiful but very expensive. There are several on the auction site very inexpensive and nice.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:04 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Been on many Medallion cruises.  I have the watch bands that I bought onboard (work better than the Amazon iFit bands) and DH has the clip he bought onboard which he loves.

Where does he wear the clip? Does it hold in place on his clothing securely? I know it should hold the Medallion securely but I have wondered if it would be secure when clipped to a pant pocket or somewhere like that. (We still haven't had a Medallion cruise.)

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Where does he wear the clip? Does it hold in place on his clothing securely? I know it should hold the Medallion securely but I have wondered if it would be secure when clipped to a pant pocket or somewhere like that. (We still haven't had a Medallion cruise.)

He clips it inside his pocket or just shoves it in his pocket.  He wouldn't be caught dead displaying it or wearing it.  The clip holds tightly.  
The medallion is held very firmly because it's magnetic!  He's had much better luck with it than I've had with my wrist bands!  And, it's only $8.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario