Edge S3 Sky Suites - Is Magic Carpet an issue

zdad59

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I've heard of people bringing removable contact paper for privacy on the aft deck 11 aqua rooms on "M" class ships.  That could be an option if necessary.

that is a very creative idea, I'd not feel the need to do that, will be on very similar balcony on Apex in May, but for someone who feels it compromises their privacy, great idea.

• 1 year later...

We were on Edge for a b2b the first cruise out of the USA in June and then the following week. We booked the S3 because it was the only one available for both weeks so we didn’t have to move. After reading these boards we thought about moving but are glad we didn’t. The MC is a total non issue. We were on same level as luminae so it was very convenient. Wouldn’t hesitate to book one again. 

If someone wants to peek onto my balcony, more power to them.  You never know what you might see.  I can’t even recall the last time the Bride and I sailed and bothered to close the curtains…in port, who cares? 

• Like 3

On 10/17/2020 at 10:11 PM, LGW59 said:

S3 cabins are suppsedly entry level to suite class.  I disagree, on Edge the S3's on Magic Carpet track are not impeded in anyway, the MC does not stop in front of any suite.  S3's rooms are on average 300 SF plus the balcony is 102 SF, and if you can get one of the "end" suites you also have a large window with either and aft of forward view large window, both far larger than S2 or S1.  I don't know exact reason for this but I suspect it may be because of location or proximity to other ship ammeneties.  ANyway, I absolutely loved it, MC NEVER once impeded anything and I loved it so much I have the same booked on Apex for a B2B, 27 days in May 2021.  

Does the bed face the ocean and does the mirror open up into the room to view the ocean .

Is the only size difference with the S2 and S1vs the S3 being the balcony but the staterooms itself all the same square footage size?  Many Thanks

19 minutes ago, 99florida said:

Does the bed face the ocean and does the mirror open up into the room to view the ocean .

Is the only size difference with the S2 and S1vs the S3 being the balcony but the staterooms itself all the same square footage size?  Many Thanks

Bed does not face the ocean and mirror does not slide open.  Large balcony is biggest difference, just over 100SF, forward and aft both have a large window, which we loved.  Magic Carpet was never an issue.  Would definitely book again and we have for 2023.

• 5 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, jalves said:

Is there a published schedule on board about when the MC will be moving?  Thinking this may be of interest to those SS passengers along its route.  

No published schedule.  
We were on a B2B and the MC did not move on the 1st leg.  Both legs we had great weather so not a factor in MC staying put all week.   The 2nd leg  it moved 4 or 7  days going from the pool down to Deck 5.  We were in a suite on the forward end of the MC and when it moved we knew it was moving because of the vibration we could feel in the cabin.  'Since the equipment that moves the MC is located in the large orange columns it is possible that the middle 2 MC suites do not feel the vibration - it really didn't make noise.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 11:09 PM, zdad59 said:

We went ahead and booked cabin 8210.     It’s the right end cabin.    There are pics on CC of that cabin and it looks awesome.    I have no issue with the ability to “peek” into the balcony.    Anybody that looks in will only see me sleeping in a lounger or sipping on a nice bourbon.     I’ll wave and welcome them over.    Looking forward to our first suite experience.     Fingers crossed we sail.  

I know it's been a while but was wondering how you enjoyed this cabin...I have a hold on it right now and would appreciate your final thoughts.  Also, was the adjoining room an issue with noise?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I know it's been a while but was wondering how you enjoyed this cabin...I have a hold on it right now and would appreciate your final thoughts.  Also, was the adjoining room an issue with noise?

Hi

we just got off the Edge, 8200 the other end. We loved the cabin, carpet never moved and there was no noise from anywhere. The lobby gives extra privacy. No issues with adjoining cabins.

The only thing that was the access to the wardrobe which are located right next to the bed. We have booked the same cabin again for a future cruise.

hope this helps

Edited by swigso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Loved everything about the cabin.  Big. Great bathroom.  Huge balcony.   Centrally located.   High enough that there are no obstructions but low enough that nothing about the MC impedes the view.    Saw the MC move twice in the week.    Actually a fun experience.  The Retreat benefits were awesome.   

The adjoining room was not an issue at all.    You share a hallway from the main hall to your room door and that’s it.    Not a noise from the other room.

Have no worries about this room it is a gem.   

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Have no worries about this room it is a gem.   

Thank you so much!  Was wondering if the balconies are all the same from floor to floor bc we were thinking of maybe going up to a higher deck. Do you know of any advantages/disadvantages by deck?  Not sure why I’m overthinking this 🤦‍♀️

We recently were in one of the end Magic Carpet Sky Suites. Our window was looking aft and it was like having your own little Magic Carpet to yourself. Would definitely book this cabin again. There is no difference from floor to floor. Plenty of shade which was especially welcomed after our prior cruise in an SV where the balcony was unusable. Unless you are standing at the window or balcony edge no one see you. The closet setup is a little tight since it's next to the bed rather than in the entry hallway area like in other Sky Suites but it was not an issue. The entry hall with the second door pretty much guarantees a silent cabin too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you so much!  Was wondering if the balconies are all the same from floor to floor bc we were thinking of maybe going up to a higher deck. Do you know of any advantages/disadvantages by deck?  Not sure why I’m overthinking this 🤦‍♀️

For MC suites, we think that decks 8 & 9 are the sweet spot.   Any higher the Magic Carpet starts to become an overhang.  It is up on deck 14 most of the time.   

• Thanks 1