Platinum check in?

LillyBucket

2 minutes ago, LillyBucket said:

Do you have to select a time to check in at the port if your platinum or not?

It's not showing up just wondering what I'm missing.

No, you don't have to select a time as a platinum cruiser. BUT...that may be out the window when cruising resumes and cruise lines may very well be forced to limit the number of passengers that can be in the cruise terminal at any one time.

5 hours ago, LillyBucket said:

Do you have to select a time to check in at the port if your platinum or not? It's not showing up just wondering what I'm missing.

No, you do not get an Arrival Time. When you check-in online, the section on Arrival Time will have the following message:

image.png.bb8b665ba66bb465784aa07943c14973.png

why do  you  say  that?  i've taken 18 ncl cruises and showed up about that time om each one.  do you think due   to the virus one should show up earlier?  i was just giving the person who posed the questions an approximation.

when do you think you should show up?

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

why do  you  say  that?  i've taken 18 ncl cruises and showed up about that time om each one.  do you think due   to the virus one should show up earlier?  i was just giving the person who posed the questions an approximation.

I think the poster was saying that the days of showing up at the cruise terminal at whatever time you want will be gone, at least temporarily, when cruising resumes. Cruise lines could very well be required to limit the number of people present in the cruise terminal at one time, which will necessitate everyone having to abide by a set check in time.

• Like 1

I understand that you have always shown up whenever you wanted. Me too. But, for example, I cruise from NYC every February. There are more than 5000 guests on that ship. The terminal is a mad house. Always. There’s no way the cruises will be allowing that many people to check in at once. They are likely going to do what’s happening now in Europe— restricted check in times that must be adhered to.
Just like 9/11 changed flying forever, corona will do the same to cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There HAS to be changes for the health screening and distancing that are part of the future.      

You can’t make assumptions on the past.    

It’s going to be a wait and see.    Written instructions are the only option for reference and to follow.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Budget Queen said:

There HAS to be changes for the health screening and distancing that are part of the future.      

You can’t make assumptions on the past.    

It’s going to be a wait and see.    Written instructions are the only option for reference and to follow.  

I agree! I doubt very much that being Platinum, or even in a Suite/Haven are going to make a difference regarding Embarkation.  I think everyone will need to be assigned a time & place for embarkation day.  It's the only way to ensure Social Distancing will be the accepted practice as part of new protocols.  

Certainly for now, no one can say for sure. 

12 hours ago, complawyer said:

18 over how long?     I took 22 cruises-  last year and there certainly will be changes.   Does not matter what happened in the past.   Social distancing has to be addressed.   All they need are a bunch of newly infected people boarding ships.   

• Like 1

just curious, did you miss a punctuation mark? we've been on 18 cruises during a 10 year span. you took 22 cruises last year? that's almost every 2 weeks on a ship.  Sorry, I'm an attorney, but even i dont have that kind of time to take a cruise every 2weeks. even with an indoor cabin, if its 1000 per couple, that's still around $22,000 per year, not counting potential air fair and possible hotel costs. 

we book a suite or a haven, and are happy cruising once or twice a year.

anyway, the question posed was when should the person arrive at the dock. i was just giving him an estimate from past experience.  i have a cruise slated to sail from athens next march.  we're getting there a  day early, the hotel is in piraeus, and i expect to get to the ship at around noon, unless notified otherwise.

you ms budget queen, feel free to arrive whenever you feel comfortable. if we're ever on the same cruise i would gladly buy you a drink!

I recently received an email from NCL saying I could select my time when they open onboard booking. I just tossed it as I am Platinum. I agree with other posters, who knows what will occur as we ease back into cruising with all of the ships especially if they begin booking to full-ship level once again. I am also taking the wait and see approach.

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

just curious, did you miss a punctuation mark? we've been on 18 cruises during a 10 year span. you took 22 cruises last year? that's almost every 2 weeks on a ship.  Sorry, I'm an attorney, but even i dont have that kind of time to take a cruise every 2weeks. even with an indoor cabin, if its 1000 per couple, that's still around $22,000 per year, not counting potential air fair and possible hotel costs. 

we book a suite or a haven, and are happy cruising once or twice a year.

anyway, the question posed was when should the person arrive at the dock. i was just giving him an estimate from past experience.  i have a cruise slated to sail from athens next march.  we're getting there a  day early, the hotel is in piraeus, and i expect to get to the ship at around noon, unless notified otherwise.

you ms budget queen, feel free to arrive whenever you feel comfortable. if we're ever on the same cruise i would gladly buy you a drink!

Yes I did do  22 cruises last year  ( A wonderful game of last minute dumps -  itinerary priority.   NCL had excellent itineraries.  I was home less than 2 months.  I’ve been traveling at least 1/2 the year for several years.  Even when working at least 2/3 months every year.  

I was in the Greek Isles twice last year.   3 separate months traveling in Europe.   If a repeat for you-  plenty more to see and do.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I recently received an email from NCL saying I could select my time when they open onboard booking. I just tossed it as I am Platinum. I agree with other posters, who knows what will occur as we ease back into cruising with all of the ships especially if they begin booking to full-ship level once again. I am also taking the wait and see approach.

Oops sorry - realized the email was from Carnival. Sorry about that! I am going to blame my advanced years on the error.😉

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes I did do  22 cruises last year  ( A wonderful game of last minute dumps -  itinerary priority.   NCL had excellent itineraries.  I was home less than 2 months.  I’ve been traveling at least 1/2 the year for several years.  Even when working at least 2/3 months every year.  

I was in the Greek Isles twice last year.   3 separate months traveling in Europe.   If a repeat for you-  plenty more to see and do.   

ok, i give up, 22 cruises in one year is massively impressive! we've done a back to back on the greek isles and they are extraordinary. our athens cruise stops in both istanbul and israel. 2 places i have been anxious to see for years.

we're also booked on the jade from amsterdam next july 4th with stops in berlin and st petersberg. cruise ends in copenhagen and we're going to spend a few days there. my offer for a drink remains open should we ever find ourselves on the same cruise. i usually cruise ncl