Life after cruising. AKA Who is realizing they don't miss cruising that much after all?

John&LaLa

On 1/1/2021 at 10:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

It will come back

The boss at first wasn’t going to take the vaccine. Was going to wait for a bit to see what happened. However, the desire to travel and vacation is what made her decide to take it now. It was her ticket to ride. She figured we would need it to travel. Now, if I could just get mine. 

M8

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss at first wasn’t going to take the vaccine. Was going to wait for a bit to see what happened. However, the desire to travel and vacation is what made her decide to take it now. It was her ticket to ride. She figured we would need it to travel. Now, if I could just get mine. 

M8

Same with me

• Like 2

I miss cruising terribly!  I am a terrible worrier and it is truly my place of peace.  DH even says that the moment we step on the ship he can see the difference in me.  We were fortunate to go on a cruise in late Jan. 2020.  I had been kind of teasing him about doing a B2B and had we known what was ahead, he would have said yes.  

We really enjoyed a lot of land trips when we were younger and were able to do things that our health wouldn't allow us to now.  Most of our vacations over the past ten years were cruises with the exception of two big road trips - one to Glacier and Yellowstone and one to Maine, both driving from Virginia.  Changing hotels and having to pack up and load luggage every few days made my DH appreciate cruising more.  In addition to everything else I love about cruising, the ability to unpack once and see new sights every day or so is definitely in the top five.  I am so hopeful that we will all be able to be cruising in late 2021.  

Edited by MBMGWM
Took out a word.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, mek said:

Right now I miss any kind of travel.

I miss it. I'm going to vacation with or without cruising, I need it. If april gets cancelled I will go somewhere, a hotel even sounds ok. 

Starting to worry about sept, but I booked nonrefundable hotel and cruise parking. The parking lot might go out of business if this keeps on. 3rd time I've pushed out cruise parking. Hotel right near pleasure pier in Galveston and I decided I will go no matter if I cruise or not. Drive down and check out beach houses for sale. Moody gardens has a 1 year pass for $100, ridiculously high prices, only 2 days pays for 1 year pass. Rainforest, 3d and 4d movies, great aquarium etc. I'm going even if my cruise doesnt. 

Not healthy stuck in the house this long.... I need a cruise bad, or at least a vacation and stay in a hotel by a beach. Hopefully they get their act together here with vaccines so i can not worry. ..but I'm going to a beach with or without a cruise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I miss it. I'm going to vacation with or without cruising, I need it. If april gets cancelled I will go somewhere, a hotel even sounds ok. 

Starting to worry about sept, but I booked nonrefundable hotel and cruise parking. The parking lot might go out of business if this keeps on. 3rd time I've pushed out cruise parking. Hotel right near pleasure pier in Galveston and I decided I will go no matter if I cruise or not. Drive down and check out beach houses for sale. Moody gardens has a 1 year pass for $100, ridiculously high prices, only 2 days pays for 1 year pass. Rainforest, 3d and 4d movies, great aquarium etc. I'm going even if my cruise doesnt. 

Not healthy stuck in the house this long.... I need a cruise bad, or at least a vacation and stay in a hotel by a beach. Hopefully they get their act together here with vaccines so i can not worry. ..but I'm going to a beach with or without a cruise.

I'm starting to think we will be going into the beach vacation mode as soon as we get the vaccine.  I have a November 21 cruise booked and I'm not going to book anything else until cruises are up and running and I can see how they are doing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mek said:

I'm starting to think we will be going into the beach vacation mode as soon as we get the vaccine.  I have a November 21 cruise booked and I'm not going to book anything else until cruises are up and running and I can see how they are doing.

Me too. Agree cruises will be a while.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Just spent last week in a BEAUTIFUL 2800 square foot condo on Clearwater Beach.  Gorgeous weather as well. 

As much as we enjoyed it, it doesn't hold a candle to cruising.  We're finding out that we miss it more, not less, since this covid mess.

Dan

New territory for us but we are spending a month in Gulf Shores , Ala. in March. Oceanfront Condo overlooking the  Gulf of Mexico. Enough day trips (Ports) to keep us busy.

72 degree average will be much better than here.

• Like 2