Original Sun Princess on Colombo Sunday 9/27 on MeTV

TwoBadKnees

I had gone looking for this episode when it was previously mentioned in another CC thread, hoping I had MeTv via antenna...alas, no.

However, I did initiate a search and found it is also going to be on Sundance HD on October 7th at 1145am - 2pm Central. “Troubled Waters” was in season 4 and episode 4. It was first aired on 2/9/75.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TwoBadKnees said:

The original Sun Princess was the setting for the Colombo episode Troubled Waters, which airs tonight (Sunday Sep 27) at 8pm edt on MeTV.

I couldn’t watch it tonight, but I will see if I can find it elsewhere.  (I don’t believe I get Sundance.) I always enjoy watching shows filmed onboard a ship!

We watched tonight and found it interesting.  As we watched I looked up the ship’s history on Wikipedia.  I loved the parts where Colombo kept calling it a boat and the officers kept correcting him and called it a ship.  It continued until the very last lines of the show.  We’ve always been sensitive to that distinction and feel that a classic vessel like a cruise liner deserves the respect of being called a ship.

14 hours ago, billco said:

I watched part of it on IMDb last night. Too silly to stay with for long.

I didn't know what IMDb was until I Googled "Columbo Troubled Waters" to see if I could find the show elsewhere than MeTV (antenna only and couldn't get a signal for that channel).

The show came up on IMDb TV via Amazon.

10 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I didn't know what IMDb was until I Googled "Columbo Troubled Waters" to see if I could find the show elsewhere than MeTV (antenna only and couldn't get a signal for that channel).

METV is usually a subchannel for one of the main channels.

For Example: In our area the NBC station is on the air channel 2  (also called 2-1) and cable channel 12. METV is subchannel 2-2 and cable channel 320.

So it is possible that your cable service does have METV,  just not in an obvious way.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, TwoBadKnees said:

The original Sun Princess was the setting for the Colombo episode Troubled Waters, which airs tonight (Sunday Sep 27) at 8pm edt on MeTV.

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed watching the show and also found a channel I did not know as a bonus. I love watching old shows and the ME Channel definitely has a lot of them.

I found it fascinating that you could hear the hum of the ship in the background something not heard on the Love Boat.

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Smoking a cigar everywhere. Nurse smoking in the medical facility. No boarding procedure. A magician using a gun. A passenger being able to bring a gun aboard. Very different.

First cruise, Carnival Mardi Gras, 1979, they set out glasses of cigarettes in the middle of bar tables. An onboard activity was shooting clay pigeons off the stern with (their provided) shotgun. Yup, different times!

Edited by mtnesterz