What drink will you order first?

Lanky Lad

As we start to think about cruising again, I was wondering what drink you will order first when on board. 

For me it will be a cider in the Golden Lion to go with my fish and chips.  Then after dinner a Mary Pickford in the Commodore Club.

• Like 2

Hendricks on the rocks (splash of Pelligrino ) with a cucumber spear....

Funny story....We were lucky enough to have a Queen's grill cabin a few years ago. We had a bottle of Hendricks in the cabin. I asked our butler if we could have some cucumber for the Hendricks. A few hours later, a steward delivered a lovely plate of cucumber "coins", complete with knife, fork and salt and pepper! We had a great laugh about that one! At least we got the cucumber!!!

5 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

A pint of whatever is on one of QM2's hand pumps.

Me too!  A proper pulled pint of bitter at cellar temperatures is a rare treat for us here in Queensland.

3 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Hendricks on the rocks (splash of Pelligrino ) with a cucumber spear....

Funny story....We were lucky enough to have a Queen's grill cabin a few years ago. We had a bottle of Hendricks in the cabin. I asked our butler if we could have some cucumber for the Hendricks. A few hours later, a steward delivered a lovely plate of cucumber "coins", complete with knife, fork and salt and pepper! We had a great laugh about that one! At least we got the cucumber!!!

I sat with a lady at a cocktail part once who asked for a glass of sherry.  The waiter misheard and brought her a glass full of glacier cherries.

• Haha 1

I'd like a "Last word" though I might need to tell the barman at the Grills lounge how to make it😉

Equal parts Tanquery Ten, Green Cartreuse, Marachino and Lime juice ..... and a real marachino cherry😎

.....It is a prohibition cocktail from the Detroit Atheletic Club in the 1920s and I feel the last few months have been Akin

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My immediate thought was a ginger cosmo but it would probably be some kind of ale in the Golden Lion. We always try to have lunch in the Golden Lion on embarkation day if we can. I know that my mouth will be watering at the thought of the fish and chips to come as soon as I see the ship. Hopefully that will be the QM2 but none of us know what the future holds.

17 hours ago, Chart Room Princess said:

It’s always a QE2 cocktail in the Commodore Club at 4:00 pm.

Surely you have to be loyal to your log in name? 😁

Mine will be a white hot chocolate at Sir Samuels. I will be right in there 1 minute after the carry on bags hit the cabin floor!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I sat with a lady at a cocktail part once who asked for a glass of sherry.  The waiter misheard and brought her a glass full of glacier cherries.

I have a friend with a heavy southern accent who was in a northern city on a business trip.  He asked the waitress for an iced tea.  When he said it, It sounded like  "aahhsed tee".  The waitress brought him back a glass of sparkling wine, and when he asked "What is that?", she said it was  what he ordered, Asti Spumanti.

• Haha 2

Hoping my next cruise will be across two months so that I can have a whiskey, neat, at departure and another on the evening before departure.  (I only get one drink a month, thanks to my blood pressure meds.)