The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

7 minutes ago, Renmar said:

It is so nice for us here on the west coast of Canada when you post the picture just before you are calling it for the day because that gives me time to search and try to get the answer.

I think I got it right this time;

The village of Alken along the Moselle river, the castle is called Burg Turant Castle.

Theo

Hopefully this makes up in part for your inability to sign up for Celebrity PowerUp Webinars because East Coasters grab all the spots! 😉

• Haha 1

Renmar I spent a lot of my teenage years touring around Europe with friends on my trusty Lambretta including Portugal, photography then was an expensive hobby money was for fuel not film. Now I am, or will be again, cruising in luxury and using digital photography for my arcane photographs which I hope will show the diversity of Europe. I was so lucky in having a father keen on photography who supplied me with a decent camera and I married a man who worked for the best European film company (he would say the worlds)

PS it’s interesting how Europe has changed from the 60s/70s. CA

@Renmar that was quick, Alken it is. I went there on a day trip last week, hence the barren slopes. I painted over the writing "Alkener Burgberg" on the vineyard's wall. The photo shows the Moselle with the town and Burg Thurant as you will see it from the other bank at the village of Kattenes.

Alken is popular with British cruisers, but AmaWaterways also stop there on the West to East itinerary through Germany (and vice versa). The Dutch are very regular customers: https://www.feenstrarijnlijn.nl/cruises/over-de-rijn-en-moezel-naar-cochem/ 

Over to you, Renmar.

notamermaid

I'm really late to the feast 😟

Wow @notamermaid - I am very impressed that you so quickly identified Jazzbeau's photo. I never would have correctly guessed & I have twice attended organ concerts in the cathedral. Since music is my "thing", I should have known but, alas ... 

I love castles so, please, keep those photos coming. 🙂

@dogs4fun just a lucky combination of ideas for a Google search.

Castles, have I mentioned before that there are supposed to be 25,000 in Germany? 😉 

If this game runs long enough I have big plans for venturing out into neighbouring countries and photograph some there as well. You have been warned. :classic_biggrin: 

notamermaid

As we have never been on a river cruise I don't have very many pictures of actual river locations. I do however have a lot of pictures of places we visited by land which are very close to rivers and could possibly visited during a river cruise. I just like to stay within the latest rules and regulations of this tread and would like, for any of you that has it memorized, post those R&R again. I could try to go through all the posts but I bet that somebody has this somewhere.

3 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

"Lambretta"

They also had (and still have) "Vespa's". My sister and I had one when we were a few 😉 years younger and did some touring in the "Benelux" countries.

For now I will call a wild card.

Theo

9 minutes ago, Renmar said:

They also had (and still have) "Vespa's". My sister and I had one when we were a few 😉 years younger and did some touring in the "Benelux" countries.

I didn't drive myself, but I enjoyed Vespa tours in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City on my Mekong cruise. They were a lot of fun.

Edited by gnome12

I'll take the wildcard.

This is from an excursion for the river cruise, and I will accept either the river you cruise to visit the city, or the river that the city is on.  First to name what it is, location & (either) river gets to post the next pic.

DSC02834.JPG

@Renmar, as long as your location could be visited from a river cruise, the photo would be within the rules. The location does not need to be along the river. Hopefully @notamermaid will chime in with the rules. Most of my photos are not from river cruises - they are from land visits (but could be visited on a river cruise). 

Looking forward to some of your photos.

1 minute ago, Daisi said:

Tried to do an easier one to encourage those reading in the background to participate.

Ha - that is what I was attempting with my submission of yesterday as some of my photos were becoming a tad too obscure. Sorry I jumped in & messed up your plan. Please post another photo & I will hang back. 😏 Very nice pix BTW.

2 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

@Renmar, as long as your location could be visited from a river cruise, the photo would be within the rules. The location does not need to be along the river. Hopefully @notamermaid will chime in with the rules. Most of my photos are not from river cruises - they are from land visits (but could be visited on a river cruise). 

Looking forward to some of your photos.

I'm going to the tedious process of sorting out pictures that might be suitable to use for this entertainment. First one is posted above in post 2576.

Theo

• Thanks 1