Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck on Friday Pete, my first appointment is this morning.  The good news is that they called me last week to ask if I would like to be moved from Stockport to Cheadle Community Hospital, which is obviously better for me as I know exactly where it is and can easily drive there in 20 minutes.

Thank you Pete and Josy.Hope all goes well

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kalos said:

That's one thing that I hope never changes , you're not a bad lot really :classic_biggrin:

Right back at you kalos😉

If there's one thing we can all rely on it's your humour to cheer us up, and your ability to defuse a spat, even though you are coping with problems of your own. An all round great guy😗

I'll shut up now 'cos I'm just getting soppy😜

Avril

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well I am back home now having been vaccinated.  I had no reactions to whatever they vaccinated me with  but I had quite a lot of stuff to bring home with me.  Documentation, 3 swab test kits incase I get any covid symptoms, letter for my doctor to warn them that I am on the vaccine trial, a card to show anyone who has to give me any medical treatment, digital thermometer in case I develop a fever, ruler to measure any swelling at the vaccination site.  Pete and anyone who is taking part I advise taking a good book to read, I was really glad that I took my kindle because there is a lot of sitting around waiting for the next part of the process.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Well I am back home now having been vaccinated.  I had no reactions to whatever they vaccinated me with  but I had quite a lot of stuff to bring home with me.  Documentation, 3 swab test kits incase I get any covid symptoms, letter for my doctor to warn them that I am on the vaccine trial, a card to show anyone who has to give me any medical treatment, digital thermometer in case I develop a fever, ruler to measure any swelling at the vaccination site.  Pete and anyone who is taking part I advise taking a good book to read, I was really glad that I took my kindle because there is a lot of sitting around waiting for the next part of the process.

Thanks for the information Josy. Did you receive a letter through the post confirming the appointment and giving details because we were promised one and it hasn’t arrived yet. Mind you, our post is very sporadic at the moment, it will probably arrive on Saturday. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for the information Josy. Did you receive a letter through the post confirming the appointment and giving details because we were promised one and it hasn’t arrived yet. Mind you, our post is very sporadic at the moment, it will probably arrive on Saturday. 

I didn't get a confirmation letter but I did get a confirmation email, like you though our post is not the best at the moment.  Have they left you at Stafford or have you been moved to Cheadle?  The nurse who was taking my blood told me that Cheadle was being used because it was a designated covid free hospital and if I develop any symptoms at any time I have to dig them and I will have to go to Leek.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I know others have already thanked you Josy, but us old uns are very grateful to you, Pete, and all the other volunteers.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I didn't get a confirmation letter but I did get a confirmation email, like you though our post is not the best at the moment.  Have they left you at Stafford or have you been moved to Cheadle?  The nurse who was taking my blood told me that Cheadle was being used because it was a designated covid free hospital and if I develop any symptoms at any time I have to dig them and I will have to go to Leek.

We are down for Cheadle as well. I have never been there but I assume it is quite small and they said they don’t have a problem with parking cars (unlike Stoke hospital). 

35 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We are down for Cheadle as well. I have never been there but I assume it is quite small and they said they don’t have a problem with parking cars (unlike Stoke hospital). 

Cheadle is small and is in the back streets but is well signposted, if you go to the end of the high street and then left towards Uttoxeter you will pick up the hospital signs.  I was lucky because I had visited  there before and so knew the way.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Cheadle is small and is in the back streets but is well signposted, if you go to the end of the high street and then left towards Uttoxeter you will pick up the hospital signs.  I was lucky because I had visited  there before and so knew the way.

Sorry I mixed up right and left turn right at the end of the high street going left takes you away from town.

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I would like to add my thanks to both you and Pete for stepping up to help find a vaccine to combat this terrible virus. It's a brave thing to do and I for one am thankful that there are people like you are willing to help. Keep posting when you can, so we know that everything is okay.  Thankyou both again💕

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I will rely on the satnav anyway, apart from when I deviate from it 😇

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No likes from me for this one 😉

Apologies  - don't let me turn to the dark side !!!!

Anyway, for us (with 2 flexi days) we are now on a half term break.

I will be around more for at least a week 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Thinking of all of those having this vaccine trial - keep us in the loop and please stay safe

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Apologies  - don't let me turn to the dark side !!!!

Anyway, for us (with 2 flexi days) we are now on a half term break.

I will be around more for at least a week 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Thinking of all of those having this vaccine trial - keep us in the loop and please stay safe

Hope you have a relaxing break.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you have a relaxing break.

Wine o'clock has already called and I am guessing we will be visiting our local park again. Saw it alot in Spring in lockdown and loved it. It will be 'nice' to see it in the Autumn as it really is a beautiful space and the trees stunning. I think we have got over the fact that we can not visit our new caravan in Wales, but there is always a reason for things and I think need to think that we still have a lot to be thankful for. (Just remind me of that if I get grumpy over the next week or so ---- you have my permission to tell me off!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I think need to think that we still have a lot to be thankful for. (Just remind me of that if I get grumpy over the next week or so ---- you have my permission to tell me off!)

Mmm ??  :classic_unsure: Knowing my luck I'd get told off for telling you off :classic_wacko: 

Happy to say the readings you are giving off are good !     ...CsmJHZ9UsAAexg-.jpg.69c60c270f00a211665c089f8e267788.jpg:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Mmm ??  :classic_unsure: Knowing my luck I'd get told off for telling you off :classic_wacko: 

Happy to say the readings you are giving off are good !     ...CsmJHZ9UsAAexg-.jpg.69c60c270f00a211665c089f8e267788.jpg:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

I am on holiday - my 'telling off' mode is switched off 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Wine o'clock has already called and I am guessing we will be visiting our local park again. Saw it alot in Spring in lockdown and loved it. It will be 'nice' to see it in the Autumn as it really is a beautiful space and the trees stunning. I think we have got over the fact that we can not visit our new caravan in Wales, but there is always a reason for things and I think need to think that we still have a lot to be thankful for. (Just remind me of that if I get grumpy over the next week or so ---- you have my permission to tell me off!)

Your park sounds wonderful.

We drive 10 minutes to our local beach most days now as we love to look out at the sea and beach.

Shame you can't see your caravan but hopefully you will get many opportunities in the future.

I get grumpy sometimes with lockdown and no overseas holiday's and cruises and I would never judge anyone else.

Enjoy your wine and half term.🥂🍹🍷🍾

Graham.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Ahhhhh I'm getting the hang of this now -------- the game is on

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Just looked it up you're 2 in front of me.Keep looking over your shoulder,I'm catching you.Joking aside out of 1.6 million peeps all us P&O lot are in the top 200.How bad is that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess I am one of those. Although probably not one who is witty and fun!  ...but haven’t been around on here for a while... I first started posting 10 years ago now, and used to contribute a lot . I got the huff a few years ago when I was trying to encourage people to join in on a roll call... but the powers that be wouldn’t allow me to post on a main thread...kept saying I had to post on the actual roll call..which was devoid of members! . I confess I tend to use that  “other social media channel which one mustn’t mention on here” more these days. Must have a talk to myself as it’s far more civilised ( usually) on here! 
Dai B is alive and kicking... apologies if he has already said so...I haven’t read through all 18 pages of this thread! 

Edited by Mysticalmother
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Mysticalmother said:

I guess I am one of those. Although probably not one who is witty and fun!  ...but haven’t been around on here for a while... I first started posting 10 years ago now, and used to contribute a lot . I got the huff a few years ago when I was trying to encourage people to join in on a roll call... but the powers that be wouldn’t allow me to post on a main thread...kept saying I had to post on the actual roll call..which was devoid of members! . I confess I tend to use that  “other social media channel which one mustn’t mention on here” more these days. Must have a talk to myself as it’s far more civilised ( usually) on here! 
Dai B is alive and kicking... apologies if he has already said so...I haven’t read through all 18 pages of this thread! 

Welcome back, good to hear that you are ok 🙂

Going back to one of the posts from a few days ago I was lucky enough to be invited to attend Adonia's naming ceremony as I was a member of the P&O CC forum. Despite a certain amount of jealousy directed at the lucky group selected we all had an incredible time and P&O looked after us very well.

None of us had met in real life before but we made very firm friendships as a result. Sadly some of the group are no longer with us but I'm still in touch with quite a few even now.

Dame Shirley Bassey was Adonia's godmother and after dinner she gave an impromptu performance on deck of 'Diamonds are Forever' which she sang acapella - you could have heard a pin drop. She was unbelievable especially as I think she'd partaken of a few adult beverages :classic_smile:. There are a few videos of it on YouTube I think.

We managed to get a group photo with Shirley after that performance as she mistook my husband for one of the official photographers!

• Like 4