Nassau Bahamas

mo&fran

WE see a lot of posts thinking the start of cruising will be short cruises that include a stop in Nassau.

Saw this article this morning,

https://thenassauguardian.com/sands-uncertain-bahamas-ready-for-tourism-reopening/

There was a screen shot of Princess Margret hospital on PTZTV , showing tents being setup to accommodate C 19 patients.

there is additional information on their Facebook page.

Doesn't look like they will be ready any time soon. 

Interesting that Dr Sands thinks unilateral government lockdowns just kill the economy and don't solve the problem.  And he resigned way back in May as a result of his position.  We need him at the CDC.

• Like 1

The WHO has cha ges their stance to more opening and protecting the vulnerable.

Cdc has flip flopped so many times. People used to be afraid to touch stuff from the grocery store, but now says a lot less dangerous than we thought. However about a month ago there was a leak that smaller particles hang in the air 3 to 4 hours.

This new news about smaller particles and 60 from a church choir getting it was in my newspaper yesterday from the leaked new news how its spread.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/10/13/why-was-it-news-that-scientists-finally-confirmed-airborne-transmission-of-coronavirus/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=What+Dallas+County+s+level+red+means%2C+hopes+for+airline+recovery+grow+bleak%2C+Halloween+in+a+pandemic&utm_campaign=CoronavirusUpdate_10172020&vgo_ee=2EFOM5JIV4QwDj2x7zTMtXwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk%3D

I probably will skip a packed room with the comedian after reading this if not vaccinated and will sleep with my balcony door open. What it says to me is smaller particles from someone yelling, singing or sweating can hang in the air up to 4 hours. Social distancing isnt enough. 

Edited by firefly333

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cdc has flip flopped so many times. People used to be afraid to touch stuff from the grocery store, but now says a lot less dangerous than we thought. However about a month ago there was a leak that smaller particles hang in the air 3 to 4 hours.

This new news about smaller particles and 60 from a church choir getting it was in my newspaper yesterday from the leaked new news how its spread.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/10/13/why-was-it-news-that-scientists-finally-confirmed-airborne-transmission-of-coronavirus/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=What+Dallas+County+s+level+red+means%2C+hopes+for+airline+recovery+grow+bleak%2C+Halloween+in+a+pandemic&utm_campaign=CoronavirusUpdate_10172020&vgo_ee=2EFOM5JIV4QwDj2x7zTMtXwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk%3D

I probably will skip a packed room with the comedian after reading this if not vaccinated and will sleep with my balcony door open. What it says to me is smaller particles from someone yelling, singing or sweating can hang in the air up to 4 hours. Social distancing isnt enough. 

If you sleep with your balcony door open ...the air conditioning doesn't work and it will cause problems for other cabins around you also I believe (remember reading about this on CC).... Watch out for that slamming cabin door from the pressure if your balcony door is open.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

If you sleep with your balcony door open ...the air conditioning doesn't work and it will cause problems for other cabins around you also I believe (remember reading about this on CC).... Watch out for that slamming cabin door from the pressure if your balcony door is open.

April I hope not to need ac. We will see what weather permits. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The WHO has refined it's recommendations based on proper testing and very low infection rates. Without those conditions there is no way to protect the vulnerable. Go to the source https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019?gclid=CjwKCAjwz6_8BRBkEiwA3p02VXHwItDAkZLNrFTLdMbKcQEfB2sUK9Q-IOUu50B_a-fApZgwajksKxoC1o8QAvD_BwE.

I just don't understand how adjusting one's view as more facts become known is flip flopping. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

The WHO has refined it's recommendations based on proper testing and very low infection rates. Without those conditions there is no way to protect the vulnerable. Go to the source https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019?gclid=CjwKCAjwz6_8BRBkEiwA3p02VXHwItDAkZLNrFTLdMbKcQEfB2sUK9Q-IOUu50B_a-fApZgwajksKxoC1o8QAvD_BwE.

I just don't understand how adjusting one's view as more facts become known is flip flopping. 

Doesnt matter we dont have to agree. I think they lied to us in the beginning for instance about wearing masks, not because they didnt know, but to save ppe for front line workers as a for instance. Common sense told me if masks didnt work doctors wouldnt wear them.

I heard a study about how safe it was to travel on airplanes, and percent that could be breathed in ... then they said the study on flying was conducted with all wearing N95 masks. Well how many do you know wearing N95 masks? Statistics can be made to show whatever you want to prove. 

The information above about smaller droplets staying in the air of poorly ventilated rooms up to 4 hours was leaked and taken back for a month. I personally am going out of my way to stay safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I heard a study about how safe it was to travel on airplanes, and percent that could be breathed in ... then they said the study on flying was conducted with all wearing N95 masks. Well how many do you know wearing N95 masks? Statistics can be made to show whatever you want to prove. 

Yes, the recommendation to save masks and PPE for health care workers was EXACTLY that. Save masks. 

And it is totally unreasonable to expect “the experts” to have 100% on day 1 (or day 200) of an epidemic. More people survive today than on Day 1. But people still die. Fewer will die in the future. 

And yes, we wear N95 masks when we fly. And use our own sanitizer. And for a wipe down of surfaces. 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 7:40 AM, mo&fran said:

WE see a lot of posts thinking the start of cruising will be short cruises that include a stop in Nassau.

Saw this article this morning,

https://thenassauguardian.com/sands-uncertain-bahamas-ready-for-tourism-reopening/

There was a screen shot of Princess Margret hospital on PTZTV , showing tents being setup to accommodate C 19 patients.

there is additional information on their Facebook page.

Doesn't look like they will be ready any time soon. 

I see the tents. So I wonder if they will still open to tourists? I know the cruise ships are still not allowed until Tier 4, I believe. So they wont be able to dock there yet. HMMM. Makes you wonder if they are really going to be able to cruise anytime this year???