Cunard 2022

O Neptuna

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all well. 

Does anyone know when Cunard will be releasing the rest of their 2022 voyages? My original QM2 February 2022 voyage was changed (don't get me started) but I am curious where they will be going for the rest of the year.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, O Neptuna said:

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all well. 

Does anyone know when Cunard will be releasing the rest of their 2022 voyages? My original QM2 February 2022 voyage was changed (don't get me started) but I am curious where they will be going for the rest of the year.

Many thanks

The release was supposed to be last month.  The feeling is now for next month with Ds possibly receiving an extra week prior to the usual 'early' 7 days' release to book.  

Speak with your Cunard PCS and indicate your cruise destinations, months and Stateroom interests, then when 'on line' for you they will call with all your FCDs etc to hand.

Have already declared WC for 2023, b2bs, b2b2bs, plus Caribbean for November 2022 on QV (think it will be, from future port bookings in Cannary Islands).  Our PCS will  hold everything then call.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Other than a rather low grade, what is a D? And is it a good thing to be?

Diamond Club level of the Cunard World Club.

It means the passenger has completed 15 voyages or 150 nights.   The top tier.   Advantages include priority disembarkation, internet time, a meal in one of the specialty restaurants and presumably the ability to notify preferences on future cruises, in addition to the benefits received by Silver, Gold and Platinum Club members.

Yes, a good thing to be  (I'm not there yet!)

39 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

It means the passenger has completed 15 voyages or 150 nights.   The top tier.   Advantages include priority disembarkation, internet time, a meal in one of the specialty restaurants and presumably the ability to notify preferences on future cruises, in addition to the benefits received by Silver, Gold and Platinum Club members.

Plus Stateroom fresh fruit bowl, as/when required (Still)

link...

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/cunard-world-club

The preferences are "unofficial" .... of course 

Club memberships are also Z, P and E

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

17 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Plus Stateroom fresh fruit bowl, as/when required (Still)

link...

That's an "everyone" benefit:

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/staterooms-and-suites/britannia-experience

Britannia Stateroom amenities.

Your Britannia Stateroom includes all of the following amenities:

• Half a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival 
  • Fresh fruit on request 

Although my steward claimed to know nothing of the benefit when we asked, aside from advising us to call room service.

If I ever get back aboard a Cunard ship it will be my first Diamond voyage.

Edited by Underwatr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/staterooms-and-suites/britannia-experience

• Fresh fruit on request 

Although my steward claimed to know nothing of the benefit when we asked, aside from advising us to call room service.

Since when a half bottle?  We always have received a full one, and the Steward, on arrival, asks "when" for the fruitbowl.

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

Oh, that. Yes, I'm one of those. I don't recall any booking benefits, however.

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

• Fresh fruit on request 

If I ever get back aboard a Cunard ship it will be my first Diamond voyage.

We are awaiting our first cruise as Diamond also.

10/01/21 QM2 CA/NE .

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Since when a half bottle?  We always have received a full one, and the Steward, on arrival, asks "when" for the fruitbowl.

I think first timers still get a half, and return guests get upgraded to a full bottle.  I don't clearly remember my first but a blurry photo of the glasses and ice bucket on the coffee table suggests that we only received a half bottle the first time.

I've never been offered the fruit bowl.

Edited by Underwatr

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I think first timers still get a half, and return guests get upgraded to a full bottle.  I don't clearly remember my first but a blurry photo of the glasses and ice bucket on the coffee table suggests that we only received a half bottle the first time.

I've never been offered the fruit bowl.

The full bottle would be a nice bonus, if it were not Pol Aker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

We got a full bottle of P.A. last year - and perhaps our senses are getting duller, but we finished the bottle while unpacking and stowing the cabin.

I don't know whether to  applaud you or offer my commiserations  🤣

• Like 3

On 10/23/2020 at 3:03 PM, TheOldBear said:

We got a full bottle of P.A. last year - and perhaps our senses are getting duller, but we finished the bottle while unpacking and stowing the cabin.

Being repeaters and Diamond is why we possibly get the full bottle.

Sometimes Cunard is too generous with the P.A.  In Britannia Club we received two bottles of it: one that everyone received and the other from the World Club. The two times we were in Queen's Grill there  was a bottle of P.A. in addition to the Champagne.

I have noticed that some years the P.A. is better than in other years. Perhaps it would be more accurate to rephrase that and  say it isn't as bad some years as others. On some trips we have managed to drink the full bottle - over two days that is. When they have given us a second bottle it remains untouched in the cabin.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:38 AM, O Neptuna said:

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all well. 

Many thanks

Have just had an email from Cunard re a FCC.

On the email it states that new 2022 Cruises will be going on sale in November.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

This is part of the email.

Booking a new voyage.

You may wish to use your FCC towards a new sailing, choosing from any voyage that is on sale at the time of purchase. We will be launching additional 2022 voyages in November to give you more flexibility and choice for your future holiday with us.

• Like 1

I wonder whether I'd be able to rebook my December 2021 cruise to December 2022 when it comes available without losing booking perks (I know, unlikely). It just works better for my schedule.

Your booking perks will not carry over but will be whatever the current promo booking perks are at the time you rebook.

Edited by MCC retired

The normal booking perks pale in comparison to the perks (chiefly OBC - I get enough that it's difficult to burn through it all) available from booking onboard. 

My only sure solution is to sail in 2021 and book for 2022 during that voyage. 🙃

8 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

The normal booking perks pale in comparison to the perks (chiefly OBC - I get enough that it's difficult to burn through it all) available from booking onboard. 

My only sure solution is to sail in 2021 and book for 2022 during that voyage. 🙃

The difficulty with that is the tendency of the prices of popular cruises to rise after the first few months, extensively sometimes.