Poll, Booked 2021 winter cruises

Poll; Final payments for Winter 2021 cruises.  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for your booked Winter 2021 cruise?

• Make final payment and hope the cruise goes on as planned
    • Make final payment in hopes cruise is cancelled and take full refund
    • Make final payment and take 125% FCC if cruise is cancelled
    • Lift and Switch
    • Make final payment and if cruise goes on choose closer to the date whether to cancel and take FCC
    • Cancel now and take refund on deposit
    • Other

29 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

What is your definition of a winter 2021 cruise? Are you asking about January - March? November - December? Or both?

Sorry, should have clarified. I'd say any cruise before the end of March 2021

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Thanks 1

We have just started the process on a L&S to Odyssey for Feb 2021. We were on the fence about paying and hoping for a cancellation and refund but we're not sure what's happening with cruise prices in the future and this was to be my parents' first time in a JS (we had side by side JS's booked on Indy) so we decided to go for it being price protected and all. If masks are still required by then the cruise is still covered under cruise with confidence. 

We still believe in Cruises as a great family vacation!!

10 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

By then I would put money on the fact that you're safe and it will be a go. 

That's my hope too.

We got an amazing rate for just the two of us in the newish 2 bedroom panoramic oceanview suite.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Moved my RCI cruises prior to March 2021 already.  Fingers crossed for May.  

I moved two early RCI 2021 cruises too and keeping my fingers crossed for July 30, 2021 British Isles.

I booked with X and came so close at the time to book July 15th with RCI and so glad now I didn't since it was cancelled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

So are using a cruise that was cancelled in February or March of 2020?

Sorry, second time I did that today......I meant February 2022, still sounds weird saying it as 2022 is so far away. Was supposed to be on Indy Jan 2021. Unable to edit posts now......oops.

• Like 1

Had Odyssey booked for Jan 2021...L&S to 2022

Had Harmony booked for Feb 2021... moved to Allure May 2021 (will keep moving this one along prior to final payment but fingers, eyes and toes crossed)

Have Anthem booked for Sept 2021 for Scandinavian Cruise.... I remain defiantly positive for this one 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Had Odyssey booked for Jan 2021...L&S to 2022

Had Harmony booked for Feb 2021... moved to Allure May 2021 (will keep moving this one along prior to final payment but fingers, eyes and toes crossed)

Have Anthem booked for Sept 2021 for Scandinavian Cruise.... I remain defiantly positive for this one 🙂 

I don't know about you but I'm going to really miss my winter getaway this year.....We're on Odyssey Feb 6, 2022. 

I'm betting that the Sept 2021 cruise will be a safe go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Sorry, should have clarified. I'd say any cruise before the end of March 2021

Well then, my vote was for Nov. 2021, which I think will sail.  

I have cruises booked Jan. thru March 2021 and I think they will be canceled  and therefore, I will take refund since i already have cruises booked in 2022. Don't want anymore FCC right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, retiredgram said:

Well then, my vote was for Nov. 2021, which I think will sail.  

I have cruises booked Jan. thru March 2021 and I think they will be canceled  and therefore, I will take refund since i already have cruises booked in 2022. Don't want anymore FCC right now.

I agree, by November 2021 there will already have been much cruising out of the US for many months. 

• Like 1

Final payment is mid Dec for our March cruise.  If things are still looking similar, then sadly we are going to cancel.  We not only have to be comfortable cruising, but also need US/Canada border restrictions removed (and not need 14 day quarantine).  It's sad as we booked this cruise Dec of 2018.  It is refundable so will cancel before final payment to get our money back (and already have March 2022 so no point to L&S).  We already have more FCCs than we can use.  Plus if we pay it out and wait it out, then who knows what the flight cost will be.  Luckily, we haven't purchased that yet.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Final payment is mid Dec for our March cruise.  If things are still looking similar, then sadly we are going to cancel.  We not only have to be comfortable cruising, but also need US/Canada border restrictions removed (and not need 14 day quarantine).  It's sad as we booked this cruise Dec of 2018.  It is refundable so will cancel before final payment to get our money back.  We already have more FCCs than we can use.  Plus if we pay it out and wait it out, then who knows what the flight cost will be.  Luckily, we haven't purchased that yet.

Definitely an extra layer of IF"S in travelling from Canada.  We have a NRD on our March break sailing so I'm going to apply FCC's to it to make final (might have to add $100 or so).  That will buy some time to see #1 if its sailing and #2 how the border / quarantine situation is.  It will work out better for us as then all the FCC will be rolled into one as opposed to getting a separate FCC for the deposit amounts if I were to cancel before final.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely an extra layer of IF"S in travelling from Canada.  We have a NRD on our March break sailing so I'm going to apply FCC's to it to make final (might have to add $100 or so).  That will buy some time to see #1 if its sailing and #2 how the border / quarantine situation is.  It will work out better for us as then all the FCC will be rolled into one as opposed to getting a separate FCC for the deposit amounts if I were to cancel before final.

When we did our L&S today our TA gave us some great news that since our flights booked through Choice Air hadn't been ticketed yet we will be getting refunds on them.

• Like 1

Below are the otpions you gave. I'm curious how many of these options apply to my booked cruise. I'm not overly confident the cruise will happen. Looking for some help from the experts to tell me what my options will be come final payment time in another month. Here are the details of my cruise. Feb 28th - March 7th Liberty, out of Galveston. We have paid the $500 NRD but no other money.

• Lift and Switch
  • Make final payment and if cruise goes on choose closer to the date whether to cancel and take FCC
  • Other

37 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Below are the otpions you gave. I'm curious how many of these options apply to my booked cruise. I'm not overly confident the cruise will happen. Looking for some help from the experts to tell me what my options will be come final payment time in another month. Here are the details of my cruise. Feb 28th - March 7th Liberty, out of Galveston. We have paid the $500 NRD but no other money.

• Lift and Switch
  • Other

Did you book a good rate and do you already have a early 2022 cruise? If so lift and shift.

Imo rates seem to be going up as more cruises get cancelled and more have fccs to use.

Double pts and using cwc is a option, but I'd bet you will have to pay a lot more.

Cwc and lift and shift might end nov 30th, so waiting closer to sail date might remove lift and shift as a option. Could be extended but I'd be afraid to chance it. Anything you book after nov 30th, might also lose deposit if cwc goes away. Right now lifting and shifting your deposit is safe... or moving it with cwc, but then it's not price protected.

I was booked same date on liberty b2b and lifted and shifted, but I'm probably older than you. I didnt feel safe if it goes in February.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1