Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

2 minutes ago, zelker said:

Can you explain what you mean by the "hold" method, please?  

Sure.  Our cruise is ‘frozen’.  Nothing can be done - no cancellation, no transfer, nothing.

So to book a new one requires another FCD or a cash down payment.  

So, my TA re-booked us putting the cabins on “hold”.  Holds are good for 5 days.  She’s hoping to reach someone knowledgeable in between and see if she can get the move accelerated or get to the bottom of things.

I think (not sure) she can place the cabins on hold again for another 5 days.  I’m leaving it in her good hands.  

Just now, kazu said:

Sure.  Our cruise is ‘frozen’.  Nothing can be done - no cancellation, no transfer, nothing.

So to book a new one requires another FCD or a cash down payment.  

So, my TA re-booked us putting the cabins on “hold”.  Holds are good for 5 days.  She’s hoping to reach someone knowledgeable in between and see if she can get the move accelerated or get to the bottom of things.

I think (not sure) she can place the cabins on hold again for another 5 days.  I’m leaving it in her good hands.  

So we're being switched to the Zuidie for the 45 night Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in October.  My understanding is that none of these cruises are open to book to anyone yet, so curious how your TA is even able to put anything on hold?  Confused.  Thx.

2 minutes ago, zelker said:

So we're being switched to the Zuidie for the 45 night Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in October.  My understanding is that none of these cruises are open to book to anyone yet, so curious how your TA is even able to put anything on hold?  Confused.  Thx.

I have switched to a totally different ship and itinerary.  Sorry if that wasn’t clear in previous posts.  We are not staying with our itinerary which has been totally gutted IMO

If you are staying with your ship and itinerary, then yes,  you need to wait for your assignment.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, zelker said:

Can you explain what you mean by the "hold" method, please?  

Probably referring to placing a courtesy hold on a cabin while they wait and see what happens with their current booking.  Usually the cruise lines will allow you to hold a room at the current price/promos for anywhere from 5-14 days (depending on sailing date).  If deposit not paid by end of the courtesy hold period it will cancel.

14 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Probably referring to placing a courtesy hold on a cabin while they wait and see what happens with their current booking.  Usually the cruise lines will allow you to hold a room at the current price/promos for anywhere from 5-14 days (depending on sailing date).  If deposit not paid by end of the courtesy hold period it will cancel.

Exactly,  I think the HAL limit is 48 hours

Just now, Mary229 said:

Exactly,  I think the HAL limit is 48 hours

it depends - usually 3-5 days, unless inside final payment window then it's 48hrs.  Option holds can be extended up to an additional 5-10 days in some circumstances.  It really depends on the sailing what they will allow

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

it depends - usually 3-5 days, unless inside final payment window then it's 48hrs.  Option holds can be extended up to an additional 5-10 days in some circumstances.  It really depends on the sailing what they will allow

Thanks for letting me know that, I have only ever been offered a 48 hour hold.   You are such a good source of information, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks for letting me know that, I have only ever been offered a 48 hour hold.   You are such a good source of information, I appreciate it.

If you book online via the HAL website I think it only states the hold is good for 48hrs.  Same if you book via any method and are within final payment window for that cruise (typically 90 days or less to sailing).  Calling HAL reservations, or booking through a travel agency, for any booking outside final payment window typically the hold is initially for 5 days and can be extended either once or twice, depending on the particular sailing and what revenue support is allowing.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Yes, I put staterooms on hold all the time.  I didn't realize Kazu wasn't referring to the switch from Zuiderdam to Volendam and putting something on hold in order to hold a specific stateroom.  She clarified it was a hold on a different ship/itinerary.  It's all good.

4 minutes ago, zelker said:

I didn't realize Kazu wasn't referring to the switch from Zuiderdam to Volendam and putting something on hold in order to hold a specific stateroom. 

Kazu is being switched from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam, but has chosen to move to another ship instead. In the meantime, her original booking has not been canceled by HAL, nor has the deposit money been freed up to apply to the substitute cruise. So, she has the desired cabin on the substitute on hold until HAL gets its act together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just for giggles, I got on to my reservation on the HAL website, (Still shows Zuiderdam in Europe for Oct 2021) and went to "Make a Payment". No payment is allowed at this time. Supposedly, this cruise has been transferred to the Volendam with cabin to be assigned before the end of the month. I was surprised that I wasn't allowed to give any more money to it.

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Just for giggles, I got on to my reservation on the HAL website, (Still shows Zuiderdam in Europe for Oct 2021) and went to "Make a Payment". No payment is allowed at this time. Supposedly, this cruise has been transferred to the Volendam with cabin to be assigned before the end of the month. I was surprised that I wasn't allowed to give any more money to it.

All the sailings are frozen right now.  Firstly, because they want to re-assign  passengers on the prior cruises before they open up the bookings and now, secondly, because HAL is seeking clarification on CDC 7 day requirements they have suspended all sales on any cruise over 7 days up to and including November 1st, 2021.  (On the HAL site).

Hopefully they get the clarification soon and the re-assignments done and things open up.

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

All the sailings are frozen right now.  Firstly, because they want to re-assign  passengers on the prior cruises before they open up the bookings and now, secondly, because HAL is seeking clarification on CDC 7 day requirements they have suspended all sales on any cruise over 7 days up to and including November 1st, 2021.  (On the HAL site).

Hopefully they get the clarification soon and the re-assignments done and things open up.

This ONLY applies to departures from US ports.  With Exception of Zuiderdam/Volendam all European sailings are still bookable for 2021.

Just now, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

This ONLY applies to departures from US ports.  With Exception of Zuiderdam/Volendam all European sailings are still bookable for 2021.

Not true.  Our sailing is frozen.  We do not depart from U.S.  We depart from Barcelona and we don’t even arrive in FLL until after November 1st.

Westerdam October 30th, 2021 - sailing out of Barcelona and arrives in Fort Lauderdale.  No one can book.  There are new roll call members posting they are waiting for the bookings to open.

take a look at the HAL website:

BF3B8CBD-07FB-4FA0-90E4-E2C36F35DA8B.thumb.png.30988a797fc7024af9f6f4ffc04b14fb.png

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Not true.  Our sailing is frozen.  We do not depart from U.S.  We depart from Barcelona and we don’t even arrive in FLL until after November 1st.

Westerdam October 30th, 2021 - sailing out of Barcelona and arrives in Fort Lauderdale.  No one can book.  There are new roll call members posting they are waiting for the bookings to open.

take a look at the HAL website:

BF3B8CBD-07FB-4FA0-90E4-E2C36F35DA8B.thumb.png.30988a797fc7024af9f6f4ffc04b14fb.png

This may be related to the large # of guests from Zuiderdam wishing to be accommodated on Westerdam rather than the arrival date into the US.  The Nieuw Statendam crossing on 11/7 arriving 11/21 into FLL is stil open for booking.  The Rotterdam 10/10 crossing is closed as it was scheduled to arrive on 10/24 into FLL.  All 2021 spring Transatlantic sailings are closed for bookings.  All other Europe Sailings are still bookable.

Just now, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

This may be related to the large # of guests from Zuiderdam wishing to be accommodated on Westerdam rather than the arrival date into the US.  The Nieuw Statendam crossing on 11/7 arriving 11/21 into FLL is stil open for booking.  The Rotterdam 10/10 crossing is closed as it was scheduled to arrive on 10/24 into FLL.  All 2021 spring Transatlantic sailings are closed for bookings.  All other Europe Sailings are still bookable.

Interesting.  Thanks for the insight 🙂 

I know we have switched to it despite HAL doing anything.

The old itinerary on the Zuiderdam was totally destroyed and a lot of our roll call has moved to the Westerdam so you may well be correct.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the insight 🙂 

I know we have switched to it despite HAL doing anything.

The old itinerary on the Zuiderdam was totally destroyed and a lot of our roll call has moved to the Westerdam so you may well be correct.

It may be closed to "new" bookings to allow anyone affected by the Zuiderdam/Volendam mess to request a change of vessel, or they could be making some other change related to the itinerary/deployment AFTER the Transatlantic that will be impacting that sailing as well.

There are going to be NUMEROUS rolling itinerary changes, cancellations, ship swaps, redeployments for quite some time to come for ALL the cruise lines.  This is about to get crazier and more fractured, before it gets better.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It may be closed to "new" bookings to allow anyone affected by the Zuiderdam/Volendam mess to request a change of vessel, or they could be making some other change related to the itinerary/deployment AFTER the Transatlantic that will be impacting that sailing as well.

There are going to be NUMEROUS rolling itinerary changes, cancellations, ship swaps, redeployments for quite some time to come for ALL the cruise lines.  This is about to get crazier and more fractured, before it gets better.

We are/were/still?? On the Zuiderdam/Volendam Europe/transatlantic cruise.  Confused yet, lol.   We haven’t cancelled or jumped to another ship yet but had asked our PCC about staying on the Volendam after the transatlantic-he said it would be a 2 week Caribbean.  Of course this was before the 7 day stuff all started and was just a thought.  

Like you said-there will be many changes to everything and will get crazier before it gets better.  I’m trying to be patient to see where they put us on the Volendam.  

I was looking at a different cruise today and noticed the price had gone down a lot - it was called "Best Price"  and I guess it does not include the Have It All promo, but when I went to look for the cruise with the HIA promo it looked like the same price - so I have emailed our PCC to see what is going on.   No response, but I imagine the HAL office is in chaos!

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I was looking at a different cruise today and noticed the price had gone down a lot - it was called "Best Price"  and I guess it does not include the Have It All promo, but when I went to look for the cruise with the HIA promo it looked like the same price - so I have emailed our PCC to see what is going on.   No response, but I imagine the HAL office is in chaos!

Ann, make sure it is not a non-refundable depost.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:43 PM, Cruising-along said:

We have a Signature Suite with angled balcony booked on the Zuiderdam (spent awhile choosing that cabin), the Volendam doesn't have Signature Suites....wondering where we'll end up?  

we also had a SS angled cabin that we reserved on the first day reservations were available for our July 7, 2021 sailing.  They moved us to a Vista on the same deck but have no explanation as to what they might offer us for the downsized room (almost 100sq. ft difference).  We already had a great package that included most any extra available plus "free" air to Venice.  Waiting clarification from my TA as to what additional they might offer if they won't (or can't) upgrade to Neptune.  We really like the itinerary and want to keep it.

3 minutes ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

we also had a SS angled cabin that we reserved on the first day reservations were available for our July 7, 2021 sailing.  They moved us to a Vista on the same deck but have no explanation as to what they might offer us for the downsized room (almost 100sq. ft difference).  We already had a great package that included most any extra available plus "free" air to Venice.  Waiting clarification from my TA as to what additional they might offer if they won't (or can't) upgrade to Neptune.  We really like the itinerary and want to keep it.

Correction: Our original sailing on the Zuiderdam/Volendam is JUNE 7, 24 day, Venice to Rome.  They moved us to Volendam, gave us a lower grade cabin, but nothing else has changed.  The itinerary remains exactly the same as do the dates.   They have not yet carried over the great bargain I got on Flight Ease or the excursions that I prepaid.  I have an eagle eyed TA who is already working on it but I have not officially been notified by HA as yet.  The new ship/cabin/booking number does, however, show up on my account on line so you might want to check it out yourself to see what they are offering.