My next scheduled carnival cruise is...

geckoaz

22 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Our favorite Alaska ship is repurposed to Europe in 2021... Legend from Rome to Sicily, Pompeii, Turkey and the Greek Isles * September 5, 2021... 10 glorious, fun filled days.

We are booked on that cruise!!  Are you arriving early to spend time in Rome?  We are 🙂

48 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are booked on that cruise!!  Are you arriving early to spend time in Rome?  We are 🙂

We're trying to make up for 2020 in 2021, so we have two big and two regular trips planned.  For this one, we'll fly from DC to Paris in mid August, and spend two or three days in each: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre and Rome, then board the cruise.  Super excited!  This will be our third time in Rome, can't wait to visit Piazza Navonna at night...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

We have never been to Rome so we are arriving 3 days early to experience Rome.  Then the cruise, then we are hitting Sienna, Florence and spending 2 days in Venice before we fly back home.  And yes, we are making up for a cancelled 2020 Europe cruise as well.  Looking so forward to this trip!!

Venice is my favorite city in the world.  It's mostly unchanged since the 1500's and is a true pre-medieval city as there are still no cars and the streets are the same.  Look at some paintings by famous Venetian painter, Canaletto, then compare your cellphone pic of the same site to the Canaletto painting and you will see the only thing that has changed in 500 years is the clothing on the people.  Siena is a WONDERFUL small town and will charm you!  Florence has some beautiful sites but there are a lot of noisy motorscooters mingling with pedestrians throughout the city.  But it's worth it for Ufizzi, David, Ponte Vecchio...  If you haven't been to Italy you are in for an amazing treat.  Venice non-tourist restaurant recommendation: Al Nono.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

Just canceled our 2/21 cruise til 2/22.

We finally just gave in. After being canceled 3 times and rescheduling out to 2/22, we just canceled everything.  Hated giving up the 600 OBC.  We're taking the money and renting an RV and taking a road trip to Key West.   We'll book another cruise when they are actually cruising again

• Like 4

Australia Great Barrier Reef in July. This was supposed to be a South Pacific itinerary, but I just checked, and our whole itinerary has been changed. I wanted GBR anyway, so I’m thrilled with the change. Still not holding my breath we will actually be going on this cruise however. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Forgot to post this- our next Carnival cruise if everything happens correctly is November 2021 to Bermuda on Legend. Our state is opening up vaccines to 65 and older on March 1st and the rest of us will be able to register a month or so after that. Getting our vaccine is the first thing that has to happen for us to sail. The other thing that has to happen is that the ship needs to actually sail, and that we have no control over.

• Like 1

July 24 - 31, 2021 on Mardi Gras (about 3 months from cancelation)

Nov 20 - 28, 2021 on Magic (slightly more positive this sails)

The bigger issue for us is if CCL will allow families to sail. If not, then we are blocked. If both are canceled, we will need to book a cruise over the Summer 2022. We have a NCL cruise booked for April because we were so confident neither of these would sail.