Dramatic Readings

shipgeeks

Do you ever read particularly outrageous posts aloud to your spouse or family?  I do; DH calls them my Dramatic Readings.  I especially like the type that states something like "I WILL NEVER SAIL WITH THEM AGAIN THEY RIPPED ME OFF THE PIZZA WAS HORRIBLE AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(He doesn't appreciate my readings of the jokes, however.  Apparently I have no delivery skills along those lines.)

At least I get to say something besides "What shall we have for supper?"

Try it; it's fun for the whole family.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe not so much outrageous posts.  But I do share cruise related news with Mrs Ldubs.   An example of that right now would be the CDC action to potentially restart some limited cruises.  

I have to admit the CC community has shared some great jokes.   And, I have shared many of those.   

It seems now days we are seeing many of the same "I will never . . . " comments in just about every other thread.  I think it has become a paste function.  😄   And then there are those who repeat their hobby-horse in just about every post they make regardless of the topic.  😬  

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 2

Outrageous?
 There was a guy on CC forum who was castigating the ships master for not anchoring at a ‘tender port’.

His ‘outrageous’ comment was “I have done a bit of boating and this told me the anchor was broken” 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Do you ever read particularly outrageous posts aloud to your spouse or family?  I do; DH calls them my Dramatic Readings.  I especially like the type that states something like "I WILL NEVER SAIL WITH THEM AGAIN THEY RIPPED ME OFF THE PIZZA WAS HORRIBLE AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(He doesn't appreciate my readings of the jokes, however.  Apparently I have no delivery skills along those lines.)

Guilty.

Although I have to admit that reviews are often a much more fertile ground for these types of over the top comments than posts. 

• Like 1

I read some of them to my sister.  She's a cruiser but doesn't post here.  One in particular I remember was a litany of the most picky complaints I have ever heard.  Funny and pathetic at the same time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Outrageous?
 There was a guy on CC forum who was castigating the ships master for not anchoring at a ‘tender port’.

His ‘outrageous’ comment was “I have done a bit of boating and this told me the anchor was broken” 😁

Haha, that is funny!   Makes my think of that classic movie line "Hey, you scratched my anchor!".    

Yes, I'm inclined to do this.

I think our favourite one from about 12 years ago was, after being amazed at the amount and variety of breakfast food on many stations in the NCL Jade's buffet, we returned to see a review of the ship, saying something like: There was limited choice of food for breakfast, so I had to make do with DRY CEREAL each morning.

We still repeat this when we see a well-stocked buffet breakfast.

• Like 2

I particularly loved the review from the cruisers who wanted a partial refund because it rained on their Caribbean cruise.

"The captain should have known about the rain and routed the ship elsewhere."

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 3

Part of my job as Hotel Manager on Cruise Ships is crew morale.

I like to use humor to help keep the crew "up".

Nothing works better than reading some of the crazy CC postings at my morning meetings.

During the COVID Pandemic, it seems that quite a few CC Posters have decided to forego seeing a therapist and are utilising CruiseCritic instead. It does save a lot of money for them, and provides endless material for me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2020 at 5:29 PM, shipgeeks said:

Mrs.66 and I never discuss what I read or post on CC.However,when I find out that a CC person lived in the area where we lived in NYC or went to the same school as one of us I will discuss it with her.One of the CC regulars and my wife attended the same college at the same time but since we do not discuss our names or anything specific about ourselves it will remain a mystery.

I recall sharing some unintentionally hilarious reviews and questions from people overly concerned about things such as the passenger who was about to experience her first Med cruise and first time in Europe but was completely stressed out because the ship would not have the flavored coffee creamer she liked onboard. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:01 AM, MBP&O2/O said:

Outrageous?

How about the lady who found a stool in her cabin shower and told the cabin steward she wanted to keep it!

• Like 1

Not so much cruise related, but I've heard too many times..."I'll never fly on "X" again.  There was a blizzard and they canx my flight".  I guess they ignored the fact that EVERY OTHER AIRLINE also canx flights out of that airport that day.

On 11/3/2020 at 7:02 AM, Donald said:

Part of my job as Hotel Manager on Cruise Ships is crew morale.

I like to use humor to help keep the crew "up".

Nothing works better than reading some of the crazy CC postings at my morning meetings.

I don't know how I missed this but....why can't cruiseships display CC forums on the big screen in the various unused lobbies for the comical entertainment of their guests.

If the connection speed was better I'd use it more at sea because as far as free entertainment goes,   it's hard to beat the real life stories you read about here.

Edited by JRG

On 11/3/2020 at 7:02 AM, Donald said:

During the COVID Pandemic, it seems that quite a few CC Posters have decided to forego seeing a therapist and are utilising CruiseCritic instead.

I also noticed that there seem to be more than a few wanna be Dr. Phil types that are more than happy to give you their unlicensed diagnosis and sometimes even their treatment plan.

That just adds more comical fodder to the bonfire.  

What we need are more couch epidemiologists.  

Edited by JRG
typo

On 11/1/2020 at 4:01 AM, MBP&O2/O said:

Outrageous?

Maybe it was an inflatable anchor.😁