I'm glad my cruise got cancelled because....

AndyMichelle

18 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Don't get me wrong Graham, I would put up with any of the above to be on a cruise now, well, one like we used to know. 

This just highlights the little niggles we all have, but still love it. 

Andy 

I know Andy we are the same.

This thread highlights a lot of things we all dislike about cruising even though we all love cruising.

The new cruising with Masks, Social distancing, Testing etc etc is a big reason I think most of us are glad our cruises have been cancelled for now.

Graham.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham.

I don’t let it rule my life, I get out and about as much as I can, living here it is totally flat for me to use my scooter and there is a nice prom to go on. There is a motorised gym nearby that I make  use of three times a week( when there is no lockdown) to keep my muscles working and of course I always have a cruise or two booked to give me something to look forward to

Michelle

Great attitude Michelle.

Graham x

I have written to a couple of the cruise companies asking them to consider putting in the motorised exercise machines in their gyms so disabled and anyone else really can use them to exercise while on board. They only take up a small area and you get a full body work out in 30 mins. Royal said they would discuss it but who knows? I would use it every day 

Michelle 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have written to a couple of the cruise companies asking them to consider putting in the motorised exercise machines in their gyms so disabled and anyone else really can use them to exercise while on board. They only take up a small area and you get a full body work out in 30 mins. Royal said they would discuss it but who knows? I would use it every day 

Michelle 

That sounds a great idea.

I use most of the weight machines most days on board and RC have excellent gyms with a great selection of other equipment so a motorised exercise machine would be a great addition.

An email to mbayley@rccl.com has always been helpful for us with any queries.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

I really dislike when at the end of the show on the first night all the entertainment team tell you where they are from. That's why I sit on the end of the row.

AND obviously the photographer! When you have just arrive from Newcastle the last thing you want to do is have your photo taken.

Edited by happy v
  • Like 4

The photographers are our worst nightmare, especially in the MDR in the evenings. Halfway through a meal they'll  interupt a conversation and expect you to pose for a photo, and those who insist when you politely say no thank you are the worst. To me that's the height of bad manners. We've never  had ours taken on board, and don't intend to either.

Avril

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The photographers are our worst nightmare, especially in the MDR in the evenings. Halfway through a meal they'll  interupt a conversation and expect you to pose for a photo, and those who insist when you politely say no thank you are the worst. To me that's the height of bad manners. We've never  had ours taken on board, and don't intend to either.

Avril

On Royal Caribbean we get 2 free full size photographs free with our loyalty status so always get a few taken but never like the photos taken in the Restaurants.

Graham.

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On Royal Caribbean we get 2 free full size photographs free with our loyalty status so always get a few taken but never like the photos taken in the Restaurants.

Graham.

Free or not Graham, we hate having our photos taken. I appreciate some enjoy it, and see many waiting in line on formal nights, but it's not for us. We'd much rather relax quietly in Anderson's with a pre-dinner drink than stand around being posed like a mannequin.

Avril

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Free or not Graham, we hate having our photos taken. I appreciate some enjoy it, and see many waiting in line on formal nights, but it's not for us. We'd much rather relax quietly in Anderson's with a pre-dinner drink than stand around being posed like a mannequin.

Avril

We often get the photos that are taken when we get off in port or on embarkation day.

On a night if there are no queues we might get formal photos.

IMG_20180607_224924.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

To be fair, I think the photographers have become much less intrusive in recent years.  I don’t want pics, particularly mid-meal, but some people do.  Good to have a choice.  So, as long as they go away after one polite, smiley, “not tonight thanks”, I’ve no problem.  When they used to press, even inferring that the problem was with you if you said no and that you were a miserable so and so, it used to take the edge off my meal, for a minute or two anyway

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

To be fair, I think the photographers have become much less intrusive in recent years.  I don’t want pics, particularly mid-meal, but some people do.  Good to have a choice.  So, as long as they go away after one polite, smiley, “not tonight thanks”, I’ve no problem.  When they used to press, even inferring that the problem was with you if you said no and that you were a miserable so and so, it used to take the edge off my meal, for a minute or two anyway

We have as many pictures taken as possible on formal night, just trying to get a good one... 

I am not very photogenic and they always get a reflection from Michelle's glasses... 

Andy 

• Like 1

Just learnt that I seem to be no different from everybody else.

However what made the cancellation of what should have been our current cruise easier was looking at the shipping forecast through and around Biscay over the weekend, just the time that Ventura would have been gliding through the force 9 on her way to a Madeira. Wouldn’t worry me of course but the thought of others suffering from the added bumpiness and sleepless nights may upset me 😇😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On one occasion when cruising with friends, a photographer was a bit insist to take pics in the MDR at dinner.  So we played along but swapping partners.  He eventually realised what we were doing, got the hump and humped off. He shot himself in the foot really, because we would have probably bought the photos.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

On one occasion when cruising with friends, a photographer was a bit insist to take pics in the MDR at dinner.  So we played along but swapping partners.  He eventually realised what we were doing, got the hump and humped off. He shot himself in the foot really, because we would have probably bought the photos.

Have you tried taking a picture of the photographer ?. That hacks them off a bit.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Britboys said:

What am I not missing?

Tat stalls in the atrium and corridors.

Oh, and Tat stalls.

And did I mention Tat stalls in the atrium and corridors...😱

Don't forget the Tat stalls either. You can usually find them in the Atrium and corridors.

I hope you don't mind me reminding you😉

Avril

• Haha 3

On 11/1/2020 at 9:17 AM, Eddie99 said:

Street market sales in busy walkways - and the people who, though they have paid thousands for their cruise experience, act as if it’s imperative to save maybe a fiver!

On one Med cruise, I stayed in Civitavecchia to have a look around the place. There was an indoor market and it had a big sign announcing "all at €1". The stall was mobbed and all the voices were British and obviously off the ship...

20 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve never understood why almost everyone who enters a theatre picks a row and then sits right at the end of it, often making a fuss when they then have to keep standing up to allow others to get past them. Now I know 😉

I often choose a seat at the end of the row because I don't know if I am going to like the show (I have very high standards you know 😉) and might want to leave. Whenever someone wants to come past however I happily stand up and give them a smile - even telling them they are welcome if they say thank you (and sometimes even when they don't say thank you!)...

• Like 4

17 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

More hates from me... 

'Bun sniffers' in the buffet. 

Lift farters

Finger clickers

And the ones who think it is acceptable to wear swimwear indoors... 

Andy 

Lift Farters? is that some sort of German Sausage...🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, ann141 said:

..,and  people who arrive to the theatre late but walk right past people sitting on the front row to find a seat!(I really feel for the entertainer when that happens)

There used to be a Welsh female singer (a sort of 'poor man's Shirley Bassey') who appeared regularly on P&O ships that had a way of dealing with that. She would stop mid-song, ask for the house lights to be put up and interrogate the latecomers as to why they couldn't get here on time...😱

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Whenever someone wants to come past however I happily stand up and give them a smile - even telling them they are welcome if they say thank you (and sometimes even when they don't say thank you!)...

A few times I have vacated a lift and seen people stood at other lifts waiting .

So I hold the door and say " Would you like this one ? " with a cheerful smile .

One of them says " Quick he's got the door for us "

They all get in the lift without as much as a sideways glance towards me .

As the doors close I say loudly " Thanks for holding the door mate ,,, Oh not a problem .. It was a pleasure !"

I often wonder what the lift conversation would be ? :classic_unsure:

Most of the passengers are not like that and are capable of saying "Thankyou  or even a smiley nod " :classic_smile:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Lift Farters? is that some sort of German Sausage...🤔

That's right.   They're the kind that they eat in lifts that tend leave a lingering smell. I've never tried one though. I somehow don't think they'd be very appetising.🤢😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2