I'm glad my cruise got cancelled because....

AndyMichelle

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yet another golden oldie.😎

But that's enough about you John :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Next one is the  repetitive small talk in the Theatre ....

"Good evening have you all had a nice day ? "

"YES "  roars the audience 

"Sorry I didn't hear that ! "

Now we are at a point where two things could but wouldn't happen ...

1/ John walks to the stage and offers the compare his hearing aid saying ...

"Here you need this more than I do "

OR 

2/  I stand up in the theatre and shout to the compare ...

"No mate , I was having fish & chips in the buffet and they had run out of mushy peas "

"Can you sort it so it doesn't happen again ..Cheers mate ! "

No we all just groan and shout ...." YESSS ! "

To which we are rewarded by a cheesy smile with the words "That's better " coming through them .

But is it .... ??  :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Accepting that muster is a necessary bore, for experienced cruisers, but nevertheless arriving at the muster station in good time - only to have to wait, and wait, and wait, whilst the stragglers finally arrive.

And don’t get me started on the crush immediately post-muster

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We had cabin neighbours that were very loud talkers. One of the blokes also had a very loud laugh, and we could hear virtually everything they said. They also had a couple of late nights - on one occasion they were talking and laughing until 3.30am. I was on the verge of banging on the cabin door to tell them to keep the noise down 

We once had cabin neighbours who were continually arguing, and sometimes the air was 'blue'. Never at night though, maybe they were busy making up, quietly thank goodness😌😉

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I love my toast cold. Honestly. I like my butter layered thickly on top of crispy toast😋, not melted in to make it all soggy

Oooh you're not a long lost cousin are you Avril.

We've both got dodgy mirrors now we both love cold toast ladled with butter.

I would never eat cold toast at home but love hotel and cruise toast.. which is always cold.😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Ah, that's an easy one...no clues needed here...

I'm glad that I'm not a cruise because I don't receive a pager for my meals when I can see tables of the relevant size free with my own eyes, as confirmed by the computer...

Instead, I can do what I do for the rest of the year which is to enjoy meals at our own table without being asked at least three or four times "are you able to share a table...?"

Drives me nuts!!

I would love to be asked 'Are you happy to share a table?'As much as I love my husband, I enjoy chatting to new people and eat with my husband daily.One thing I will really miss in lockdown is the chance to have a latte with friends and wider family(I haven't minded having to sit outside in the wind and rain since we have been in Tier 2) I just find people interesting whether to chat to or just 'people watching'-plenty of opportunity to do that on a cruise!.The only minor things that I won't miss (apart from the obvious one of people not washing their hands) are the irritation I feel when people start leaving a show before its finished and  people who arrive to the theatre late but walk right past people sitting on the front row to find a seat!(I really feel for the entertainer when that happens)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Accepting that muster is a necessary bore, for experienced cruisers, but nevertheless arriving at the muster station in good time - only to have to wait, and wait, and wait, whilst the stragglers finally arrive.

And don’t get me started on the crush immediately post-muster

Arriving early for muster to get a seat as Michelle cannot stand for too long, only to be asked to give them up for a disabled lady and her carer husband, which we happily did, only to hear the husband (Malcolm) announce loudly 'it works every time', his wife is not disabled at all... 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Arriving early for muster to get a seat as Michelle cannot stand for too long, only to be asked to give them up for a disabled lady and her carer husband, which we happily did, only to hear the husband (Malcolm) announce loudly 'it works every time', his wife is not disabled at all... 

Andy 

Same situation waiting to board a plane and letting people on early, later seeing the same person fit has fiddled dancing around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That was just plain evil.

A few years ago we were stood outside a hotel waiting for the airport coach to come .

A couple with a kid about 10 year old came along to wait as well.

To pass the time father and son played football with a tiny pebble they had found .

Once we got to the airport  and stood in the check in queue the mans wife went in her bag 

and pulled out a telescopic white stick and proceeded to the font arm in arm with son :classic_angry:

As for Michelle , she is Disabled Andy with her condition , my SIL  is going through the same 

and was advised to claim for Disability & blue badge .She got them all just off her medical 

records.  I hope Michelle has got the same as she is disabled in her own right .

So next time just look them in the eye and say so is my wife and I'm her carer .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

How many times have you seen a so called disabled person on the ship, suddenly get up and rush to the front of a queue, when there is something being handed out.  I have seen that quite often.  There are plenty that can't get around too well without some pretending.

We have 2 parking places for disabled outside our office and the number of times I see perfectly healthy people get out of the car and walk quite normally.  Can only assume the blue badge belongs to a relative that isn't with them.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oooh you're not a long lost cousin are you Avril.

We've both got dodgy mirrors now we both love cold toast ladled with butter.

I would never eat cold toast at home but love hotel and cruise toast.. which is always cold.😀

I eat cold toast at home too. Frank often tells me that I only use the toast to hold all the butter. It's a vice of mine I'm afraid, I love best butter😋

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Me too.  Love butter.  No soggy toast here!  My mother used to call margarine "cart grease".  She would only use butter 🙂

My mum was a stickler for ''proper food, none of this made up rubbish''  When she was older the doctor said that because of her diet he was surprised she was so healthy. She told him that the food wasn't the problem, it was the chemicals and rubbish that they put into it. I feel the same way and although some foods that we eat at home are classed as 'unhealthy' ie butter or sugar, they are natural. I don't buy processed foods or anything with 'additives' and try to eat as natural as possible.

Avril

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Some people disgust me, there seems to be a growing number of them around.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

That was just plain evil.

A few years ago we were stood outside a hotel waiting for the airport coach to come .

A couple with a kid about 10 year old came along to wait as well.

To pass the time father and son played football with a tiny pebble they had found .

Once we got to the airport  and stood in the check in queue the mans wife went in her bag 

and pulled out a telescopic white stick and proceeded to the font arm in arm with son :classic_angry:

As for Michelle , she is Disabled Andy with her condition , my SIL  is going through the same 

and was advised to claim for Disability & blue badge .She got them all just off her medical 

records.  I hope Michelle has got the same as she is disabled in her own right .

So next time just look them in the eye and say so is my wife and I'm her carer .:classic_smile:

Yes, Michelle has the badge etc but because she looks OK, we get some terrible looks and comments... 

Andy 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My mum was a stickler for ''proper food, none of this made up rubbish''  When she was older the doctor said that because of her diet he was surprised she was so healthy. She told him that the food wasn't the problem, it was the chemicals and rubbish that they put into it. I feel the same way and although some foods that we eat at home are classed as 'unhealthy' ie butter or sugar, they are natural. I don't buy processed foods or anything with 'additives' and try to eat as natural as possible.

Avril

Same here Avril.  We don't eat much red meat any more, but all the meat we eat is local in Devon.  Don't do processed foods or drinks.  There's nothing wrong with butter and cheese.  I don't have a sweet tooth apart from chocolate, so quite lucky there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We have 2 parking places for disabled outside our office and the number of times I see perfectly healthy people get out of the car and walk quite normally.  Can only assume the blue badge belongs to a relative that isn't with them.

Hidden disabilities  Jean .. Never judge/presume  with just what you see .

I am guilty of doing that in the past, Thinking they seem OK.

Less than two years back I would have romped up the stairs of a ship from deck 7 to 18 without a care .

Now if it were me pulling up into your  2 parking places for disabled outside your office, you would also 

see me get out of the car without a wheel chair /stick and walk normal but not very far somedays .

I wish I hadn't got a serious heart defect but that is the reason you would see me and think ..

There goes another one . Anyone can see my Blue Bade ID photo , if it makes them aware that 

some  disabilities you cannot see are very real.:classic_smile:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

There’s something that really grinds my gears.

it’s usually in the theatre in the evening, when the show ends. You get up to leave the theatre, but nobody else in the row moves and you are expected to wait indefinitely, until they stir their stumps. I understand that they might want to wait until the crowds have subsided until they leave the theatre, but surely it’s common politeness to allow other people to leave.

As a result of this, we normally sit at the end of a row - and gladly get up to allow other people into the row before the show starts. 

I’ve never understood why almost everyone who enters a theatre picks a row and then sits right at the end of it, often making a fuss when they then have to keep standing up to allow others to get past them. Now I know 😉

Having given Andy's question some serious thought, I genuinely am glad our cruise was cancelled. Both Frank and I are having a bit of a problem with 'old arfur' at the moment, probably due to the weather, and there's no way we would have been able to get everything done for Friday. We can only just get upstairs at the moment, never mind sitting on a coach for hours. Add to that the fact that we are now looking forward to a completely new destination to explore in June, to me it all adds up to a win-win situation. Every cloud etc,etc. 😊

Avril

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’ve never understood why almost everyone who enters a theatre picks a row and then sits right at the end of it, often making a fuss when they then have to keep standing up to allow others to get past them. Now I know 😉

Ah, but we don’t make a fuss. We leap to our feet in seconds to allow people in! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, Michelle has the badge etc but because she looks OK, we get some terrible looks and comments... 

Andy 

Because Lady Selbourne and I are in our 50’s, we often get stared at by elderly (but not really disabled in the true sense) drivers when we pull up in a disabled space. This turns to a real glare when I leap out of the car. Funny how they tend to look down awkwardly the minute that I open the boot and lift the wheelchair out!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1