The Daily for Thursday Nov 5, 2020

richwmn

today is International Stout Day, National Love Your Red Hair Day, and Men Make Dinner Day

I've known him as a man, as an adolescent and as a child -- sometimes on the same day.

Some of the things that live the longest in peoples' memories never really happened.

Meal suggestion for today - Sausage & Grits Lasagna

Drink of the Day - Boulevardier

Wine of the day - Bodega Garzón Tannat Uruguay Reserva vintage 2015

at Sea Caribbean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Willemstad eta 11/7
Oosterdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 11/7

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

1105World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.

It's a new look on Cruise Critic - something else to get used to.

Thanks for the Daily.

An interesting collection of days - I will suggest to my dear hubby that he should make dinner tonight.🙂🤞

Love the quotes.

Saying prayers for everyone.  Cheers to all who celebrate.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 14

Well, things look different on Cruise Critic this morning. All of my formatting commands didn't work so I had to re do them. The option to edit is now under the three dots along with report.

Hope everyone is well, have a great day!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich and all the dailyites.

Great quote.  Love the days.  DH often makes dinner and I love redheads.  Not a stout drinker.

Prayers and congratulations to our lists.  Prayers for our country.

Boulevardier:

Ingredients: 1 oz (1 part) Campari, 1 oz (1 part) Sweet red vermouth, 1 oz (1 part) to 1.5 oz (1.5 parts) rye whisky or bourbon
Preparation: Stir with ice, strain, garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Cherry, Orange peel

Stay safe, social distance, and Please wear your mask.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Well, things look different on Cruise Critic this morning. All of my formatting commands didn't work so I had to re do them. The option to edit is now under the three dots along with report.

Hope everyone is well, have a great day!

Thanks for the instruction on how to edit. 

• Like 7

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Stout, salute our Red Heads, and sort of make dinner most nights.  I love both the quotes, Sausage and Grits Lasagna sounds nice but I won't do it.  My alternate meal suggestion is Pinnacle Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, and Baked Alaska, as served in the Prinsendam Pinnacle Grill October 5, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes051.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California Wildfires–may progress continue

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Progress on California Wildfires

Ballot counters

Virtual school–Our fogged in Eastern shore is doing online classes today rather than cancelling the morning.

And NextOne’s DH out of the hospital.

Roy

Those LONG signatures are a real pain in the new format.  May be time to start ignoring people who insist on them.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I would LOVE to celebrate Men Make Dinner Day but I’m not holding my breath 😉 

I was LOL at your first quote & honestly that 2nd quote is ever so true.

I think I’ll pass on the meal suggestion for today - not a grit fan.

My eyes took a double take when I got onto CC this morning.  Thanks @richwmn for the heads up on editing 🙂. Ugh that your format didn’t work for your post.  That’s extra work for you 😞. I sure hope my format for the Future Cruise Listing works tomorrow.  🤞 

@rafinmdI totally agree with you on the really long signatures.  The full signature wasn’t showing when they were long until CC’s format changed again.  

Well, you all know that deer are a thorn in my side here. Mostly we have hoards of does, fawns and young bucks.  The older bucks are rarely seen.  My neighbour got a wonderful shot of a magnificent one in her back yard yesterday.

5C8CF284-158A-45B9-8E0E-6098B8FA38E5.thumb.jpeg.f0b43c62639efdcf149f7055c3477c67.jpeg

And, because things are tense for a lot of our CC friends today while they wait for election results, here’s a little smile:

8ED47637-7EAF-49F7-9819-64F12A2C465E.thumb.jpeg.db46fa6cf2c8c69e4fa016222a1d58a3.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s care list & for all those that need them and, a bit toast to everyone on his Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a good Thursday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.😷 

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Morning all!

@rafinmd  Roy, how about a shoutout for the new format on CC. It is so much easier to read.

I have signatures turned off, so that doesn't bother me.

I prepare the list first thing in the morning so I hadn't yet seen it at the time.

Is it already afternoon for you now?

BTW, I added a help topic about long signatures.  I'll keep an eye on it:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2764406-dealing-with-long-signatures/

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 8

Good morning Rich. Thanks for working over time in getting our Daily out. The new format will take a bit of getting used to.

Roy, I was able to hide all signatures. You have a choice to click on an individual, or all signatures.

Thank you for the prayers and cheers. Still worried about the final vote tally going crazy.

No thanks on the drink of the day, but thanks summer for posting.

Good morning Daily-ites and sisters Deeni and Ann. Hoping today is beautiful for you.

I do not think the menu suggestion would go over in this home. But a steak can be in the future for dinner. We go to get our drivers license, so may stop and get fish on the way back for lunch.

I'm nursing about 100 mosquito bites. Had friends over for cocktails and pupu's and it was a beautiful evening, except the bugs. Citronella candles and bug off didn't bother those hungry suckers. Ugh!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday. Stay safe, call a loved one, stay away from flesh eating bugs.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Stout, salute our Red Heads, and sort of make dinner most nights.  I love both the quotes, Sausage and Grits Lasagna sounds nice but I won't do it.  My alternate meal suggestion is Pinnacle Caesar Salad, Filet Mignon, and Baked Alaska, as served in the Prinsendam Pinnacle Grill October 5, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes051.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California Wildfires–may progress continue

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Progress on California Wildfires

Ballot counters

Virtual school–Our fogged in Eastern shore is doing online classes today rather than cancelling the morning.

And NextOne’s DH out of the hospital.

Roy

Those LONG signatures are a real pain in the new format.  May be time to start ignoring people who insist on them.

Roy, you can just hide their signatures without ignoring the poster.just to the right of the start of the signature is an x and a down arrow. Click on that to ignore the signature or you can also ignore all signatures from there

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, superoma said:

Roy, you can just hide their signatures without ignoring the poster.just to the right of the start of the signature is an x and a down arrow. Click on that to ignore the signature or you can also ignore all signatures from there

Thank you!  That was an easy fix.

• Like 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!I am sorry to hear that the changes made more work for you.

I wonder I we are celebrating stout, the animal, or stout the drink? The animal is so adorable, it should be celebrated! Great combo of days! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! It is another red wine today.

Thank you for keeping our lists so carefully, Roy! Love both quotes! Today’s drink does not appeal, though I would take a sip of someone’s- if they offered! I will also pass on the meal. 

@kazu- Jacqui, that pic of the buck! Wow!

@Seasick Sailor, if you apply rubbing alcohol to any type of itching bite, or exposure to poison ivy, oak, sumac - as soon as possible, you can really reduce the itching. I had a running battle with poison ivy and mosquitoes when I lived in Maryland, so I would always travel out to the yard with a bottle of rubbing alcohol with me. 

Prayers for all who need our support! Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

Count every vote!

I do not believe I have ever experienced a Tannat before! Not sure if they are unique to Uruguay, but this one hails from there. It has excellent ratings for all released vintages. And its online price starts at $14.99.

Has any one ever has this red wine before? Thoughts?

#41 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

This powerful Tannat is elegant with aromas of red fruits such as cherries and strawberries, black plums, tobacco and black chocolate on a spicy background. It is juicy and fresh on the palate, and has a full-body with a lingering finish balanced with a touch of oak.

WS90

Wine Spectator: Well-sculpted, with dense, rich flavors of dark plum, dried blackberry and dark currant that are supported by firm tannins. Christmas pudding and rich savory notes show on the finish. Drink now through 2022.
  • Like 15

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Roy, I was able to hide all signatures. You have a choice to click on an individual, or all signatures.

I know how to hide all signatures and prefer not to do that.  But, I can’t see a way to hide individual signatures.  I’ll follow Roy’s thread in the help forum and I will probably find out 😉 

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm nursing about 100 mosquito bites. Had friends over for cocktails and pupu's and it was a beautiful evening, except the bugs. Citronella candles and bug off didn't bother those hungry suckers. Ugh!!

Sorry about all those mosquito bites. 😢 Hope you feel better fast!

• Like 9

Good motning Rich and all DAILYITES:   In my youth, I was a redhead.  The hair went brown in my twenties and early thirties. I am past 80 and itis still mostly brown. 

It is nice to know where the fleet is in this 30 Day pause that has lasted almost eight months.

Thanks to all who have posted on this thread on this November day. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, superoma said:

Thank you.  I'm happy to see most signatures, including you, Rich, and kazu but not when they get in the way of the main content.

Roy

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

I know how to hide all signatures and prefer not to do that.  But, I can’t see a way to hide individual signatures.  I’ll follow Roy’s thread in the help forum and I will probably find out 😉 

Jacqui, scroll down til you see someones signature. A light shaded X is to the right of the signature. Click on it and you will see options.

• Like 4