90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bourne Vaccine?

I guess we should all use the Russian Vaccine.  It’s cheap, 95% effective и действительно, что могло пойти не так?😂

You should probably. It is yours after all. Isn't there some talk the Russians hacked a Canadian vaccine company?

55 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

No it is actually what nearly happened after the liquid drinks bomb plot in 2006. The first head of Homeland Security wanted to remove the UK of the visa waiver program which would have been an extraordinary slap in the face to your closest ally. His recommendation to do was rejected. Relations would have been destroyed if that had happened. The anti American blacklash in UK would have been enormous. FWIW it might have been difficult for younger people to obtain U.S tourist visas and repeated applications make you look desperate

You can not make a determination of the outcome of a non existent event.  I am sure the British government would do whatever necessary to quell the "enormous anti American backlash", and not "destroy diplomatic relations".

Now I have to spend some time and rank the comedic content of these two "post apocalyptic" posts, and the one about drying your wet poodle in the microwave!

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can not make a determination of the outcome of a non existent event.  I am sure the British government would do whatever necessary to quell the "enormous anti American backlash", and not "destroy diplomatic relations".

Now I have to spend some time and rank the comedic content of these two "post apocalyptic" posts, and the one about drying your wet poodle in the microwave!

No I can't make a determination but I can imagine what would happen.  And I think we would cease co-operation with you in many areas. I think the special relationship as it so called would be over. You do understand the refusal rate of approval of the electronic form or admission on the visa waiver program is I think less than a 1000th of 1%. I think it is even less that than. The refusal rate for tourist visa applications to the USA from UK would probably be about 25% and I think that figure is low. It would destroy your tourist industry. A bit like possibly denying entry to persons who have been vaccinated with vaccines you don't approve of or can't get vaccinated.

There has been no information what the U.S requirements for vaccination for entry will be I suspect similar to Australia. Vaccine to avoid quarantine requirements.

8 hours ago, nomad098 said:

The World Health Organisation has accepted through a peer reviewed paper which they have acknowledged and agreed with that the world average Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) is 0.27%

This then relates to 99.73% recovery rate. This rate also includes those who suffer long term side effects

Meaning covid-19 lethality is 2.7 times that of influenza on a global scale.

The IFR in high income countries is greater than in lower income countries.

If you don't like the science do your own paper and have it peer reviewed then submit it to the WHO.

Here's the paper you called nonsense 

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

It should be noted that the linked article is not the final form. This is noted at the beginning of the paper.I

If my math is correct this supposedly low IFR translates to almost 900,000 dead Americans. 

It's my opinion that when dealing with living beings one should always keep the actual numbers in mind. 0.27% is easily dismissed, 891,000 people is not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nomad098 said:

Here's the paper you called nonsense 

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

Consider the author, John Ioannidis, a politically motivated individual who said that COVID-19 is a "once-in-a-century evidence fiasco."  The reaction from the scientific  community was this:  "The message found favor with right-wing media outlets, but the paper dismayed epidemiologists who said its testing was inaccurate and its methods were sloppy."

Yes, I stand by what I said.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, Crazy planning mom said:

Do you think regular non-senior  folks will be able to get in April/May?

Would love to have it before my cruise in June

Pretty certain it will be required before being allowed on board.  I’m hearing that by “spring”, any American that wants it will be able to get it.

6 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Consider the author, John Ioannidis, a politically motivated individual who said that COVID-19 is a "once-in-a-century evidence fiasco."  The reaction from the scientific  community was this:  "The message found favor with right-wing media outlets, but the paper dismayed epidemiologists who said its testing was inaccurate and its methods were sloppy."

Yes, I stand by what I said.

"once-in-a-century evidence fiasco." I would have to agree with this statement considering all the mixed messaging and flip flopping we have seen from the scientific community this year.

From what I have read the reaction you quote was to an early preprint back in April not the peer reviewed paper that the WHO and a large part of the scientific community have accepted in September.

Interesting reads

https://undark.org/2020/04/24/john-ioannidis-covid-19-death-rate-critics/

https://www.socialsciencespace.com/2020/05/john-ioannidis-responds-to-his-covid-19-critics/

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

No I can't make a determination but I can imagine what would happen.  And I think we would cease co-operation with you in many areas. I think the special relationship as it so called would be over. You do understand the refusal rate of approval of the electronic form or admission on the visa waiver program is I think less than a 1000th of 1%. I think it is even less that than. The refusal rate for tourist visa applications to the USA from UK would probably be about 25% and I think that figure is low. It would destroy your tourist industry. A bit like possibly denying entry to persons who have been vaccinated with vaccines you don't approve of or can't get vaccinated.

There has been no information what the U.S requirements for vaccination for entry will be I suspect similar to Australia. Vaccine to avoid quarantine requirements.

Now I know your posting for pure entertainment value. 
“Destruction of the American tourism industry” ; that’s a good one, I am dying laughing here!!

The British government walking away from a generational strategic relationship over something as petty as a vaccine for those under the age of 12!! OMG delusional. 

image.png.9db4bce0fd21e844f7707ed54a7ce113.png

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Dont forget to add it's going to add sterility and cancer. I think that's right up there in the ranking.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

“Destruction of the American tourism industry” ; that’s a good one, I am dying laughing here!!

The British government walking away from a generational strategic relationship over something as petty as a vaccine for those under the age of 12!! OMG delusional. 

LOL.  If I had to guess just by the posts made, this person is very, very young and knows very little about the world.  US/UK relations are extremely strong and they work very closely together, but hey, a vaccine apparently can ruin that long standing relationship 😉

Edited by BND

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You should probably. It is yours after all. Isn't there some talk the Russians hacked a Canadian vaccine company?

That’s something I have not heard about at all. They might have tried, but that would be for all vaccines world wide. 

I am aware of the fact that N Korean is also trying to hack a vaccine solution.  They actually executed two officials the other day, for their country’s failing to the pandemic.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/7488727/kim-jong-un-coronavirus-execution-korea/

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s something I have not heard about at all. They might have tried, but that would be for all vaccines world wide. 

I am aware of the fact that N Korean is also trying to hack a vaccine solution.  They actually executed two officials the other day, for their country’s failing to the pandemic.  

Lol I thought it was iran trying to hack a vaccine. 

Seems its everyone. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Has this not destroyed your tourist industry already?. The policy moving forward has to be no vaccine no entry to avoid quarantine. You won't have a much of tourist industry coming back if you are going to make people have to the quarantine there is no point in going. Very few people can afford it. WHAT IF is really does end up like the early statements with 56% of people - the under 50s - not being vaccinated and the private sector doesn't pick up. Are you going to turn away 56% people because their government that won't vaccinate them? Other countries may not vaccinate completely as well.  That will really hurt your tourist industry and it will annoy a lot of people and harm your overseas relationships. You had better believe it will.

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

IF the AZ vaccine is rejected for entry to the USA denying entry to the younger people. There will be massive anti American blacklash in the UK and other countries as I am sure. It would probably lead to the breakdown of relations for good. Breakup of Nato even who knows? And that is all that keeps the Russians at bay. Dunno about world war 3 but the political map would be redrawn forever. We would never fight another American led war again that is for sure. 

I have heard no plans to vaccinate schoolchildren in the UK. Which will be interesting IF Governments like the US, Australia or even in Europe insist upon it.

You forgot to add that face masks will be required forever on cruise ships.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The UK's tourism in the United States represents less than 5% of overall tourism in the country.  I'm pretty sure Delta airlines and the Hilton Hotel chain will struggle through. 

When you factor in that the vast majority of American's leisure travel stays within the United States, UK tourism represents such an insignificant portion of the overall tourist numbers that the previously noted post is relegated to the imagination of the uninformed.

Canadian tourism in the United States, by comparison, represents 50% of international travelers.

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It has been on CTV news. They have tried to steal Covid research from Canada. They must have got hold of someone's data it is the only way explain how they are so far ahead.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/russian-hackers-have-tried-to-steal-covid-19-research-1.5026553

Edited by ace2542

1 hour ago, BND said:

LOL.  If I had to guess just by the posts made, this person is very, very young and knows very little about the world.  US/UK relations are extremely strong and they work very closely together, but hey, a vaccine apparently can ruin that long standing relationship 😉

No but kicking us off your visa waiver program would have done.

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

IF the AZ vaccine is rejected for entry to the USA denying entry to the younger people. There will be massive anti American blacklash in the UK and other countries as I am sure. It would probably lead to the breakdown of relations for good. Breakup of Nato even who knows? And that is all that keeps the Russians at bay. Dunno about world war 3 but the political map would be redrawn forever. We would never fight another American led war again that is for sure. 

Wow.  Thanks for the laugh 🙂

43 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Has this not destroyed your tourist industry already?. The policy moving forward has to be no vaccine no entry to avoid quarantine. You won't have a much of tourist industry coming back if you are going to make people have to the quarantine there is no point in going. Very few people can afford it. WHAT IF is really does end up like the early statements with 56% of people - the under 50s - not being vaccinated and the private sector doesn't pick up. Are you going to turn away 56% people because their government that won't vaccinate them? Other countries may not vaccinate completely as well.  That will really hurt your tourist industry and it will annoy a lot of people and harm your overseas relationships. You had better believe it will.

You really need to take a break and get some fresh air.  The wacky theories were funny at first but now they're just sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

It has been on CTV news. They have tried to steal Covid research from Canada. They must have got hold of someone's data it is the only way explain how they are so far ahead.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/russian-hackers-have-tried-to-steal-covid-19-research-1.5026553

In the article it also says Russia tried to steal data from the US and UK. No where did it say they actually got data. Their vaccine is $20 a dose.  Best polish up your Russian Comrade.

“Russia has tried to steal information and intellectual property from researchers working on a COVID-19 vaccine, cyber security agencies in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom are alleging”.