Celebrity Going "Always Included"

Interesting news this morning that Celebrity Cruises is going "Always Included" meaning all cruises, excluding Galapagos, will include Service Charges, the Classic Beverage Package and 'surf' WiFi.  Options to upgrade to Premium Beverage Package and additional shore ex and OBC are available.  Interesting move.  As a non-drinker it doesn't really worry me as it now includes the specialty coffees, smoothies etc and it will mean a more relaxed atmosphere on board without the crew having to constantly promote the various packages and on board offers!  Obviously the pricing will increase however they are still, in my mind, the best of the contemporary premium lines.

Included drinks packages are only good value if you can get the drinks. On our last Celebrity cruise, in March last year, it regularly took half an hour to get a cocktail before dinner, and getting an after dinner drink was almost impossible unless you actually sat at the bar. Even the coffee service was slower than usual which had the flow-on effect of makng it hard to get a seat in the cafe. However the wine service with dinner was excellent.

There is a feeling that Celebrity is going after "Generation X" which is all well and good except there is the whole family dynamic of that group. Simply said there isn't a lot on a Celebrity ship to keep the junior part of the Family amused. It will be a fine line to get the GenX on X without driving their already loyal clients off the ships by changing the product from what made them loyal in the first place.

Not sure I am in favour of this approach, or that it is really new for x, as for most cruises in Australia, Gratuities and such were already included and most cabins attracted at least 2 perks with choices being- internet, drinks, or some OBC.

• Like 1

Looks like NCL are making offers as well 

Take all five FREE offers onboard ALL ships to ALL destinations thanks to Norwegian Cruise Line! 

Enjoy up to US $2,900 in total value:

o Free Beverage Package
o Free Specialty Dining Package
o Free Shore Excursion Credit
o Free Wi-Fi 
o Family & Friends Sail at a reduced rate

Explore the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Asia, Hawaii, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and more onboard Norwegian Cruise Line. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Looks like NCL are making offers as well 

Take all five FREE offers onboard ALL ships to ALL destinations thanks to Norwegian Cruise Line! 

Enjoy up to US $2,900 in total value:

o Free Beverage Package
o Free Specialty Dining Package
o Free Shore Excursion Credit
o Free Wi-Fi 
o Family & Friends Sail at a reduced rate

Explore the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Asia, Hawaii, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and more onboard Norwegian Cruise Line. 

FREE ?????????  nothing is for free.

2 hours ago, Realrunner said:

Lower the standards ie: all inclusive drinks, you’ll take it down to carnival standards concept of being a party ship.

It won’t feel special by going the extra mile for an occasion 

Will be full of your Chavs and our Bogans.  Drinking themselves blotto, what would the Cunarders say?

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They probably doubled the fares then put on the 'offers', lol.    

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Will be full of your Chavs and our Bogans.  Drinking themselves blotto, what would the Cunarders say?

I’m sure there will be some limits Uncle Les .🍷🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🥃🍺

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Wonder about the loyalty programs?

Maybe a couple of premium drinks for members?

More lost than gained with the Celebrity loyalty program changes. No extras like the above. The extras are mostly just chances to upsell.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I’m sure there will be some limits Uncle Les .🍷🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🥃🍺

On the drink package on Princess it is a max of 15 alcoholic drinks per day, I would be sozzled on that. Not sure what the daily drink limit with Celebrity package is. I am a pay as you go cruiser re drinks.

Edited by NSWP

28 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

More lost than gained with the Celebrity loyalty program changes. No extras like the above. The extras are mostly just chances to upsell.

Not really paying much attention but I thought I read premium drinks for upper tier members?

But I think the loyalty benefits will be eroded away after all this.

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On the drink package on Princess it is a max of 15 alcoholic drinks per day, I would be sozzled on that. Not sure what the daily drink limit with Celebrity package is. I am a pay as you go cruiser re drinks.

There’s no limit as long as you are behaving yourself.

It feels like Celebrity has had a couple of perks included in the fare for some time. Choose 2 of 4 "Perks". Classic Drinks, Gratuities, Internet, and varying amounts OBC. Of course suites get all 4 and the drinks package is Premium.

We always choose the drinks and gratuities, sometimes there is a 3rd choice available.

Our cruise in New Zealand scheduled for January 2022 already had Classic drinks, internet and gratuities included in the fare.

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It feels like Celebrity has had a couple of perks included in the fare for some time. Choose 2 of 4 "Perks". Classic Drinks, Gratuities, Internet, and varying amounts OBC. Of course suites get all 4 and the drinks package is Premium.

We always choose the drinks and gratuities, sometimes there is a 3rd choice available.

Our cruise in New Zealand scheduled for January 2022 already had Classic drinks, internet and gratuities included in the fare.

Yes, that is what I was thinking, I suppose this makes it one or the other, gives a choice still but perhaps not as flexible.

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

A couple of agents here used to discount the fare without the extras .

My agent used to do that,just a rock bottom price and you could add things on.

Not everyone drinks and wants the internet.