TEST CRUISING, 100,000 volunteer!!!

mouche

1 minute ago, boatseller said:

Proof 100,000+ people don't want or need the CDC's help.

If cruising, even now, were so dangerous, few people would rush to be experimented on.  What would really scare them is how many people would book cruises with no covid protocols.  I would.  Not worried at all.

Everything the CDC has done regarding cruising has been wrong because they are willfully (or they're just stupid) ignoring available experience.  People are flying and visiting theme parks with no measurable effect.  Cruising should be treated exactly the same way.

Exactly!!   It seems to me that the cruise industry is being blamed for spreading the virus, while actually they should be viewed as the first victim!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

I think it's actually the virus that needs to be removed from the equation, not the CDC.

A lot of people have already removed the virus from their day to day life by deciding for themselves that all the hooey isn't worth it.

Again, if you have reason to be concerned, cruising or flying or theme parks or dining out are not for you.  For the rest of us, back to normal life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boatseller said:

A lot of people have already removed the virus from their day to day life by deciding for themselves that all the hooey isn't worth it.

Again, if you have reason to be concerned, cruising or flying or theme parks or dining out are not for you.  For the rest of us, back to normal life.

That has worked out real well in the Dakotas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Proof 100,000+ people don't want or need the CDC's help.

If cruising, even now, were so dangerous, few people would rush to be experimented on.  What would really scare them is how many people would book cruises with no covid protocols.  I would.  Not worried at all.

Everything the CDC has done regarding cruising has been wrong because they are willfully (or they're just stupid) ignoring available experience.  People are flying and visiting theme parks with no measurable effect.  Cruising should be treated exactly the same way.

Or maybe 100,000 people think they’re getting a free cruise. Some people will put their lives in danger for a free lunch and for some unknown reason, the fans of these cruise lines will put the cruise line over everything else and protect the line as if it were a close family member should anyone say anything against their opinion. Have you seen what’s been going on the Royal Caribbean volunteer begging group?

Everything the CDC has done has been in good faith to stop the spread of the virus from impacting those who chose not to go on a cruise as cruisers disembark. Cruise ships are super spreaders and provide a greater danger than your examples of theme parks and flying. We’re very lucky that an organization is trying to keep our safety in mind as the cruise lines certainly don’t and never have.

Many experienced cruisers and those who have never been on a cruise have taken the path they are not ready to go back on a cruise as they do not feel it is currently safe to do so. Living in an area whose local economy focuses on cruise travel, it’s a topic that comes up in daily conversation. Some people, myself included, wouldn’t be bothered if the industry were to never return despite myself having three booked cruises at this time.

Edited by xDisconnections

3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Or maybe 100,000 people think they’re getting a free cruise. Some people will put their lives in danger for a free lunch and for some unknown reason, the fans of these cruise lines will put the cruise line over everything else and protect the line as if it were a close family member should anyone say anything against their opinion. Have you seen what’s been going on the Royal Caribbean volunteer begging group?

Everything the CDC has done has been in good faith to stop the spread of the virus from people who chose not to go on a cruise. Cruise ships are super spreaders and provide a greater danger than your examples of theme parks and flying. We’re very lucky that an organization is trying to keep our safety in mind as the cruise lines certainly don’t and never have.

Many experienced cruisers and those who have never been on a cruise have taken the path they are not ready to go back on a cruise as they do not feel it is currently safe to do so. Living in an area whose local economy focuses on cruise travel, it’s a topic that comes up in daily conversation. Some people, myself included, wouldn’t be bothered if the industry were to never return despite myself having three booked cruises at this time.

Sorry, but no.  The CDC is not some benevolent organization looking out for us.  They're just people looking for fame, power and gratification.  Unfortunately, the cruise industry is the only sand box they have to play in.  Human nature.

No one is forcing anyone to cruise, or fly, or queue for an hour to ride Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.  Happy to burst your bubble, but this virus is not any threat to the vast, vast, vast majority of people.  And we've know since March who is at risk.

I really laugh at the noting the the CDC is trying to keep us safe.  Fly a million miles and you'll see what a joke the TSA really is.  I feel safer in a theme park than any airport because unlike the TSA, Disney/Universal/SeaWorld have skin in the game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

The cruise lines deserve everything that has been tossed towards them.

Wrong again!!   While they were admittedly caught flat footed (as we all were) and didn't really understand the gravity of the situation, the cruise lines are not responsible for the spread of the virus

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

The cruise lines deserve everything that has been tossed towards them.

Nope.  Sorry, nope.  They've done nothing wrong.  The real victims here are the 1000's of people unemployed because of a bunch of feckless bureaucrats taking advantage of a situation to pad their resumes. 

A byline on these guidelines is job security for life.  Sorry, that's how the real world works.

• Like 5

I really feel that people in general are so "desperate" to cruise that the thought of just being on a ship pleases their mind sets. They may regret signing up if they are going to possibly be subjected to future quarantines, sickness and isolation. Too risky for me. No thank you.  

• Like 2

Just now, ULCajunCruiser said:

Wrong again!!   While they were admittedly caught flat footed (as we all were) and didn't really understand the gravity of the situation, the cruise lines are not responsible for the spread of the virus

Actually, it was the bureaucrats in Japan that caused the first crisis.  Which would be totally forgivable, it's is a new virus after all.  But, that caused the bureaucrats in other countries to way overreact to avoid bad PR which compounded the problem.

Yes, I'm saying decisions are made based on the future reputation of the decision maker, not any beneficial outcome.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Actually, it was the bureaucrats in Japan that caused the first crisis.  Which would be totally forgivable, it's is a new virus after all.  But, that caused the bureaucrats in other countries to way overreact to avoid bad PR which compounded the problem.

Yes, I'm saying decisions are made based on the future reputation of the decision maker, not any beneficial outcome.

Also let's not forgot to mention that we (the American Public) were left out of the early conversation. Maybe I am wrong but that was not a very smart move by our Bureaucrat formerly at the top.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I really feel that people in general are so "desperate" to cruise that the thought of just being on a ship pleases their mind sets. They may regret signing up if they are going to possibly be subjected to future quarantines, sickness and isolation. Too risky for me. No thank you.  

I agree with you. I don't think they really realize what the cruise will be like and they are thinking it's going to be like all their other cruises.

I'm gladly waiting until cruising is back to how I remember it or darn near as close to that as possible.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, boatseller said:

I can't imagine the theme parks haven't had a "measurable effect" on the spread of covid.  There are several reports out there that Disneyworld has had a number of covid cases reported from their workers.  (https://www.thedailybeast.com/workers-reveal-disney-is-covering-up-its-covid-cases). They are keeping it under wraps as they are still trying to get back on their feet.  The cruise lines had a different issue - people got sick while on a cruise, and they couldn't really off-load them for a while.  At theme parks people are not "trapped" and can come and go as they wish - many doing day visits, so tracking covid case spread from theme parks would be very hard.  

Example - we have an indoor Pickleball facility that groups reserve court time for.  There was a group there on Nov. 5 and someone tested positive for covid  7 days later.   No one else was notified by the Pickleball venue, even though there were at least 40 other people there playing at the time, and everyone had to sign in and leave phone numbers "just in case."   Word spread through social media, and all of a sudden an email was sent from the venue to all  members "warning" them of the covid case, and to get tested "just in case."  Unfortunately 4 others so far have tested positive.  Now, the issue is pretty much all the people who were positive played at at least 2 other venues - both which have now had cases where they had none before.  We are up to around 20+ people quarantined so far.  

The CDC did not cause the virus - they are hopefully working to the best of their ability to contain it.  Cruising with 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 people in a large metal container may not be the best way to do that.  Believe me - I miss cruising, and I want to cruise asap.  I will not be one of the 100,000 volunteering.  

2 minutes ago, pe4all said:

I can't imagine the theme parks haven't had a "measurable effect" on the spread of covid.  There are several reports out there that Disneyworld has had a number of covid cases reported from their workers.  (https://www.thedailybeast.com/workers-reveal-disney-is-covering-up-its-covid-cases). They are keeping it under wraps as they are still trying to get back on their feet.  The cruise lines had a different issue - people got sick while on a cruise, and they couldn't really off-load them for a while.  At theme parks people are not "trapped" and can come and go as they wish - many doing day visits, so tracking covid case spread from theme parks would be very hard.  

Example - we have an indoor Pickleball facility that groups reserve court time for.  There was a group there on Nov. 5 and someone tested positive for covid  7 days later.   No one else was notified by the Pickleball venue, even though there were at least 40 other people there playing at the time, and everyone had to sign in and leave phone numbers "just in case."   Word spread through social media, and all of a sudden an email was sent from the venue to all  members "warning" them of the covid case, and to get tested "just in case."  Unfortunately 4 others so far have tested positive.  Now, the issue is pretty much all the people who were positive played at at least 2 other venues - both which have now had cases where they had none before.  We are up to around 20+ people quarantined so far.  

The CDC did not cause the virus - they are hopefully working to the best of their ability to contain it.  Cruising with 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 people in a large metal container may not be the best way to do that.  Believe me - I miss cruising, and I want to cruise asap.  I will not be one of the 100,000 volunteering.  

Apparently cruising with 50-60 passengers as we saw with SeaDream isn’t the answer, either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Ayayay...

1. The Daily Beast? :classic_dry:

2. Disney is not covering up anything.  Covid status is PHI and cannot be revealed.

3. Data (like actual data, not 'science') from Orange County show no spike in cases following the parks reopening (7 major theme parks).

4. This whole 'trapped in a metal container' thing is a canard.  Spend the day at Islands of Adventure and you're just as close to just as many people as you would be on a ship.

The CDC has no idea what they're doing other then tossing in every random fell-good idea they can think of (hint, each idea is someone's pet project).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Everything the CDC has done has been in good faith to stop the spread of the virus from impacting those who chose not to go on a cruise as cruisers disembark. Cruise ships are super spreaders and provide a greater danger than your examples of theme parks and flying. We’re very lucky that an organization is trying to keep our safety in mind as the cruise lines certainly don’t and never have.

This experienced cruiser will be on a Carnival ship soon.  The cruise industry is coming back, and as a fellow Floridian you should be happy about that.  Did someone suggest the CDC was not acting in good faith?  Just doing a really crappy job.  John wants to sail with you soon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

This experienced cruiser will be on a Carnival ship soon.  The cruise industry is coming back, and as a fellow Floridian you should be happy about that.  Did someone suggest the CDC was not acting in good faith?  Just doing a really crappy job.  John wants to sail with you soon!

Believe me, I want a successful rebound. You know how much my industry thrives on cruise travel and how excited I am to cruise again. I wouldn’t have a cruise booked for January if I wasn’t. Sadly, I expect Princess to cancel it within the next couple of days. 

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Are you going to be on Carnival Horizon also? The ship is expected in Miami this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Are you going to be on Carnival Horizon also? The ship is expected in Miami this week.

And Breeze is coming soon also!

Carnival is in the process of building a gradual, phased in approach to resume guest operations, which will focus initially on Miami and Port Canaveral, to be followed by Galveston.  Consistent with CDC protocols, Carnival Horizon arrives in Miami this week, and Carnival Breeze will be the next ship back to the U.S.  In total, 16 Carnival ships are currently following the CDC process for an eventual resumption of guest service in the U.S. in 2021, including Carnival Conquest, Dream, Ecstasy, Elation, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Miracle, Panorama, Pride, Sensation, Sunrise, Sunshine and Vista.  Mardi Gras, which is under construction in Finland, will also enter service in 2021.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-cancels-additional-cruises-it-works-meet 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

They have done a wonderful job at not listening to the trained experts. Just saw an article where many of the Florida Mayors are trying to "reason" with your Governor to change his thoughts about Covid. Hopefully it's not to late for him to have an "Intervention" session where he can start to rid himself of the Koolaid that was drank. Not jealous of Florida at all; more like feel sorry for those that are mislead in that State.   

Wrong!  Sorry.  Newsflash, Florida has trained experts too and we're winning.

Here's the thing, the jealous and authoritarian types can screech all they want but Floridians have already decided by their actions.  The parks, beaches, restaurants, bars all getting busier because people are deciding for themselves that the risk of covid is not worth the restrictions.  It really is that simple.  No one if being forced out or required to go shopping or ride Space Mountain.  We're choosing to do that and, another newsflash, a lot of people are choosing to come here to do those things as well.

Time to burst another bubble, but we don't want, need or will tolerate any 'intervention'.  We also don't want or need your sympathy or empathy.  But you're still welcome to come spend money here. :)

The country is going to owe Florida big time.  Walt Disney World is carrying Disneyland, Universal Orlando is carrying Universal Hollywood, FLL was as busy last week as ever.  Everyone is welcome to our beaches and parks and when cruising does resume, it will be from Florida.  You're welcome.  Where do we send the bill?

• Like 4