TEST CRUISING, 100,000 volunteer!!!

mouche

I would not join that CDC circus. First is they are excluding people who cannot get a doctors note to cruise. Most healthcare groups are not interested in giving such a letter. The insurance carriers have put a frown on it too. They want people 21 to 34 with time on their hands. 

There will be multiple embark/disembark drills. There will be periods to test cabin isolation. There will be drills to isolate ill passenger/crew. There will be multiple calls to muster to judge the effectiveness. There will be buffet drills, show drills, and dining room drills, but no food will be served or show put on, just testing the load in/out of the venue. At test ports there will be multiple drills for disembarking, provisions, and waste disposal. As a passenger you probably will not be allowed to leave the pier.

There will also be drills for evacuation of seriously ill persons. 

I'll stay home. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I would not join that CDC circus. First is they are excluding people who cannot get a doctors note to cruise. Most healthcare groups are not interested in giving such a letter. The insurance carriers have put a frown on it too. They want people 21 to 34 with time on their hands. 

There will be multiple embark/disembark drills. There will be periods to test cabin isolation. There will be drills to isolate ill passenger/crew. There will be multiple calls to muster to judge the effectiveness. There will be buffet drills, show drills, and dining room drills, but no food will be served or show put on, just testing the load in/out of the venue. At test ports there will be multiple drills for disembarking, provisions, and waste disposal. As a passenger you probably will not be allowed to leave the pier.

There will also be drills for evacuation of seriously ill persons. 

I'll stay home. 

First, it is Royal. But considering it is FREE. I wonder if you get credit for the cruise?

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

First, it is Royal. But considering it is FREE. I wonder if you get credit for the cruise?

There is that....being on RCL, and I would imagine there would be a nice gift, and something special on your next cruise like a free excursion, booze, spa treatments, or extra butter on your baked potato. I don't see how it would hurt them to give loyalty points for the cruise. 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Why should you get credit on a non-rev sailing? It’ll be far from a normal cruise and passengers, especially those with loyalty status, shouldn’t expect for certain accommodations and service refinements they received in the past to be available. 

34 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why should you get credit on a non-rev sailing? It’ll be far from a normal cruise and passengers, especially those with loyalty status, shouldn’t expect for certain accommodations and service refinements they received in the past to be available. 

No particular reason, but it is Royal. On top of that, they won't be normal cruises and the volunteers might be expected to actually participate in training exercises.

I wonder if they will relax the dress codes?

• Like 1

I am not that altruistic to volunteer for a test cruise that will be operated on the cruise lines attempt to set new policies and procedures in place.  I wouldn't want to have the line tell me what to do, where to go, etc., etc., all day and night long, while I am willingly putting myself in a potential exposure scenario.

It might be free, may even get paid.  I read somewhere that Royal was considering a $1,200 stipend to cover a volunteer's participation. If.true, it's still not worth it.

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

I am not that altruistic to volunteer for a test cruise that will be operated on the cruise lines attempt to set new policies and procedures in place.  I wouldn't want to have the line tell me what to do, where to go, etc., etc., all day and night long, while I am willingly putting myself in a potential exposure scenario.

It might be free, may even get paid.  I read somewhere that Royal was considering a $1,200 stipend to cover a volunteer's participation. If.true, it's still not worth it.

lol...maybe they will give you a free lifetime cruise ticket....they really need YOU.

7 hours ago, mouche said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but it looks like there are many who would sign up. Would you?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=74229011&cid=social_twitter_abcn#74254328

Being a human guinea pig is not for me.  Plenty on these boards would jump at the chance.  More power to them.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Proof the CDC is not 'helping' anyone.  They need to be removed from the equation entirely.  Sadly....

I think it's actually the virus that needs to be removed from the equation, not the CDC.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

How aren’t they helping anyone? Maybe cruising just isn’t ready to return. Has the CDC done anything wrong yet? What proof is it that you allegedly have? 

Proof 100,000+ people don't want or need the CDC's help.

If cruising, even now, were so dangerous, few people would rush to be experimented on.  What would really scare them is how many people would book cruises with no covid protocols.  I would.  Not worried at all.

Everything the CDC has done regarding cruising has been wrong because they are willfully (or they're just stupid) ignoring available experience.  People are flying and visiting theme parks with no measurable effect.  Cruising should be treated exactly the same way.

• Like 1