Carnival cancels more cruises

SECdawg

Thanks for posting.  I just lifted and shifted my February cruise.  Surprisingly I have a lot of cruises to pick from.  They were allowing departures from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and San Juan.  I was on the Enchantment out of San Juan.  

As soon as I saw Carnival cancelled, I said you know what?  I got this for a great price back in May with the 125% FCC and I can't find anything close to this for the next 18 months so I will keep my price and just go next year.  We already have one booked in May in Alaska, 2 in September through Carnival, and we will probably do a November one plus a quick trip to the bahamas in December and March if everything starts getting back to normal (a big if).  I was looking at the health contract for check in and I said this is just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

RCCL and the rest will probably make similar announcements shortly. States are going into various lock-downs now, so I doubt most will be able to cruise anyways. At the best case scenario, the test cruises with the volunteers will begin in February with the chance they start up in March with just 3 & 4 day cruises on the Mariner & Navigator to CocoCay.

8 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Thanks for posting.  I just lifted and shifted my February cruise.  Surprisingly I have a lot of cruises to pick from.  They were allowing departures from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and San Juan.  I was on the Enchantment out of San Juan.  

As soon as I saw Carnival cancelled, I said you know what?  I got this for a great price back in May with the 125% FCC and I can't find anything close to this for the next 18 months so I will keep my price and just go next year.  

Smart move

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

P & O which is owned by Carnival just cancelled all cruises until April of 2021. 

Falling in line with Princess and Holland.  Carnival and Royal appear to be holding out on the hope that they can jump start one or two ships from Port Canaveral and Miami to their private islands.  But we are near the end of November and no test cruises have started, so I have my doubts they will be much ahead of the other lines.  

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

P & O which is owned by Carnival just cancelled all cruises until April of 2021. 

And that is  just about when I think some cruises may start up, but not before.

We just received an email from our travel agent that enclosed a letter from Celebrity. The letter stated that the summer sailings for the Equinox are being replaced by seven night Caribbean sailings leaving on Sunday. Eight night sailings will be reduced to seven night sailings (rates will be protected) and six night sailings will be converted to seven night sailings (rates will be protected). An additional 100 OBC will be issued.

I expect Royal Caribbean will do something similar on the Independence of the Seas summer Caribbean sailings.

• Thanks 1