New vaccine

hollyjess

14 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

I still feel we should be more concerned with letting poorer countries get their at risk group population a jab than giving jabs to very low risk groups over here.

Seems a bit selfish, we are all right Jack really.

As there is no pre test for Antibodies, i wonder how many jabs have been ‘wasted’ on people already having immunity to the Virus.

3 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Sad yes but i know young people who have died of Cancer, i agree but people will still die anyway, we cannot have this crazy obsession that Covid is the only illness around.

I understand how you are feeling Chris but whilst we don't currently have a vaccine for Cancer and other illnesses we do have a vaccine for Covid which will prevent thousands of deaths. By vaccinating all adults we will be able to get our economy bouncing back which in the long term will aid our position to help other countries vaccinate their citizens. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

My father was vaccinated just a few weeks ago and it all went well. I plan to be vaccinated soon as well. I wish people were taking more care of their health these days

Presumably as a relative youngster (I seem to remember you said you were around 30), you will have a long wait if the system gives the vaccine according to age and need as we are doing here in the UK. Here, the planning is done by the health professionals and government who are in charge of the system, not by individual people. The vaccine certainly cannot be bought.
It is good to see that you have moved from your previous position as a vaccination sceptic to a more positive and sensible one. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Hi bro, I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Just think about all those lovely antibodies that will soon be swimming around. Anyway, I'm sending you some chicken soup. Just look out for a soggy envelope coming through the letterbox😉

Sis

Cheers sis,ok now.The envelope was lovely,saved buttering a slice of bread,bro.

• Haha 1

Just now, AnnieC said:

There will be many more sceptics undergoing a rapid conversion when they realise that vaccine passports are almost inevitable to enable travel, or whatever - these are already being introduced in several countries, including liberal Sweden.

It will quickly dawn that, as in the rest of life, decisions have consequences.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Whilst  that is excellent news, I do wonder how long all those involved in the vaccination process can carry on at the current rate.

I'm truly grateful,  but perhaps a slight slow down to give those tireless workers a day or two off, would not be the end of the world.

At the same time they will also be giving people their second dose. 

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

I still feel we should be more concerned with letting poorer countries get their at risk group population a jab than giving jabs to very low risk groups over here.

As there is no pre test for Antibodies, i wonder how many jabs have been ‘wasted’ on people already having immunity to the Virus, valuable jabs that could have  gone to people not exposed so far.

Not strictly correct Chris. Antibody tests do exists but they are not free to the public at present. The NHS is using them to monitor spread and prevelance of the infection but in a limited way I believe. As an individual, you can pay to have a test done at a private clinic eg

https://www.bupa.co.uk/health/payg/covid-testing

As regards jabs being wasted on people with antibodies - I think that is a moot point. Not all those who have been exposed to COVID or suffered an infection will react in the same way. Some may produce a high level of antibodies but others may not. Therefore I don't think that jabs will necessarily be wasted on people with existing antibodies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

As there is no pre test for Antibodies, i wonder how many jabs have been ‘wasted’ on people already having immunity to the Virus, valuable jabs that could have  gone to people not exposed so far.

I am sure we will, as usual, be among the biggest benefactors when it comes to supplying vaccine to the poorer countries.  However as I said earlier it is probably more important, even for foreign aid, that we get the UK economy up and running as rapidly as possible, that way not only can we afford more in the way of aid, but our economy will be increasing its imports from the third world to help them even more.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

Whilst your post is very laudable and we most definitely should be helping the poorer nations...... on an aircraft we are told to put our own oxygen masks first on before helping others to put on theirs and I think the same should be applied to vaccines.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

If you look at the COVAX programme, we are helping to save the World, big contribution from us thank you very much. We are actually allowed to save our own folk as well  without feeling guilty. You can always donate the protection of your own family if you chose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I have just had my Covid vaccination (AZ) and got a fitter appointment booked for 9 May

Michelle 

Glad you got your vaccination Michelle, and hope you don't get any side effects. However, the second part of your post is a bit confusing🙃 I'm assuming predictive text is playing games again😉

Avril

30 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Glad you got your vaccination Michelle, and hope you don't get any side effects. However, the second part of your post is a bit confusing🙃 I'm assuming predictive text is playing games again😉

Avril

Thanks Avril. Yes predictive text playing games again!!! Sorry about that 

Michelle 

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

John has got a rash on his forearms today! He’s looked at the sheet they give you and it’s one of the “uncommon” reactions. He feels fine though so hopefully all ok.

Oh dear. Am sorry to hear that. I’ve not heard of that reaction before. Hopefully it’ll disappear quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

John has got a rash on his forearms today! He’s looked at the sheet they give you and it’s one of the “uncommon” reactions. He feels fine though so hopefully all ok.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it clears up quickly without any discomfort.

• Like 3