New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Got my jab today, I'm off to the pub.. 😊

Andy 

IMG_20210224_175420.jpg

I got one of those on Sunday. I hope you have no side effects. Unfortunately I did, was in bed by 9 Sunday and felt awful all day Monday but fine again by Tuesday. Glad you got your vaccination. Take care 

Michelle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Apparently a tweak to the NHS app is being looked at as well along with a few others. All good news.

While the technology may be simple the process won't be.  There is more than one nation involved.  I will speak about Scotland which I know far better.  At present the "fact" that an vaccination has been given is being recorded on TURAS which is a national system.  Its normal use is for staff appraisals!  The right to collect the vaccination information is a given under GDPR as its part of health care provision.  However the right to share that information outside of the app with other organizations under a data sharing agreement is not in place and would be a decision for each patient.

At present as part of the process of an individuals vaccination I ask if they agree to be part of the vaccination study.  They have to consent to this sharing.  There would need to be a separate question around the sharing with a 3rd party who would be using the information as part of a passport as such.

As I say probably easy technology wise but full of problems with regards to information governance.  There are many out there who for different reasons are very much against Vaccination passports.  It will end up on court.

There may need to be a process of signing up to the app where you agree to have the information held on the health care system transferred to the app.   That involves joined up thinking which history shows when it comes to information we are not very good at.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I got one of those on Sunday. I hope you have no side effects. Unfortunately I did, was in bed by 9 Sunday and felt awful all day Monday but fine again by Tuesday. Glad you got your vaccination. Take care 

Michelle 

I can put up with some side effects for the peace of mind this will give us. 

Glad you are feeling a bit better now, 

Andy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

While the technology may be simple the process won't be.  There is more than one nation involved.  I will speak about Scotland which I know far better.  At present the "fact" that an vaccination has been given is being recorded on TURAS which is a national system.  Its normal use is for staff appraisals!  The right to collect the vaccination information is a given under GDPR as its part of health care provision.  However the right to share that information outside of the app with other organizations under a data sharing agreement is not in place and would be a decision for each patient.

At present as part of the process of an individuals vaccination I ask if they agree to be part of the vaccination study.  They have to consent to this sharing.  There would need to be a separate question around the sharing with a 3rd party who would be using the information as part of a passport as such.

As I say probably easy technology wise but full of problems with regards to information governance.  There are many out there who for different reasons are very much against Vaccination passports.  It will end up on court.

There may need to be a process of signing up to the app where you agree to have the information held on the health care system transferred to the app.   That involves joined up thinking which history shows when it comes to information we are not very good at.

I have read similar discussions elsewhere the biggest issues appear to be around digital identities and linking any passport app to confidential health data, plus individuals would each have to have their own smartphone could be a problem where children are concerned.

There also appears some surprising reluctance from this government to go down this route given the failure of their first test & trace app. 

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yay! Well done Andy. I wish you no side effects and a nice few pints - virtual or otherwise.  J.x

Jane. I don't know if you realise it, but you and your colleagues efforts bring a great sense of relief to millions. I got mine on 13th and DW on 20th. I know it's early days and I know that and that as well, but still a great relief and that light at the end of the tunnel is getting much brighter. Thanks.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Jane. I don't know if you realise it, but you and your colleagues efforts bring a great sense of relief to millions. I got mine on 13th and DW on 20th. I know it's early days and I know that and that as well, but still a great relief and that light at the end of the tunnel is getting much brighter. Thanks.

Thank you so much Zap for your lovely and sincere words. It means a great deal to us all. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Apparently a tweak to the NHS app is being looked at as well along with a few others. All good news.

Nothing for the technologically impaired who still use an old pay as you go phone, track phone in American money or even drug dealers phone if you want to call it that?. And a Doro phone for my father as well. 🤣 Nothing for us then?

Edited by ace2542

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Well said Zapp and Ditto from us. 

Our little regional centre is so well organised with lots of volunteers helping out too, they are getting through hundreds each day. 

Thank you Jane and everyone else involved in this amazing achievement. 

Andy 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

From Twitter

“Yet more good news on the Pfizer vaccine, showing even higher effectiveness 14 days after 2nd dose. Effectiveness:

95.8% at preventing infection
98% at preventing symptoms
98.9% at preventing hospitalisations
99.2% at stopping serious disease
98.9% at preventing death”

So, no wonder we are so appreciative of all involved with the vaccine/vaccination programme

E3361E41-48F1-4B9E-B6A9-C447A6C4382D.png

• Like 8

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Got my jab today, I'm off to the pub.. 😊

Andy 

IMG_20210224_175420.jpg

Very pleased you got your jab today Andy , I also got mine this morning and it’s now been 14 hrs since and my arm is stiff and a bit sore now a gradual process but I’m sure by the morning it will be gone , hope you will be fine too 

sandra

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I would assume that if you as the patient decide to use the app to confirm you have been vaccinated, that should imply your agreement to share the information.  If you don't want to share that info you don't go on a cruise, or on an airplane, or on a package holiday or to a restaurant or to a pub or to a ........................

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Very pleased you got your jab today Andy , I also got mine this morning and it’s now been 14 hrs since and my arm is stiff and a bit sore now a gradual process but I’m sure by the morning it will be gone , hope you will be fine too 

sandra

Thank you Sandra 

So far so good

Andy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you Sandra 

So far so good

Andy 

Andy   - good to see you back yet again. 

Regardless of why you have  been  away, it's good that you are back. 

Hopefully you have managed to get a beach hut in Walton for less than £100 a night in August for your summer holiday this year.

• Like 1