It’s official - More cancellations

mertziek

29 minutes ago, lighthousewoman said:

We are scheduled on Breakaway out of NOLA on 4/4/21.  It is the last scheduled cruise out of there on that ship until fall.  Is NCL likely to send the ship to NOLA for just one week, from where ever it is now (Miami??), or should I assume ours will be cancelled, even if other ships are sailing in April.  Our final payment isn't due until February, so maybe I'll just wait and see, but would appreciate any thoughts.  No, I haven't called NCL to ask.  😃

CDC head Dr. Robert Redfield warns that worsening COVID outbreaks in the months of January and February could create the worst public health crisis we have ever seen.

I would bet big on it being cancelled. Look for a new No Sail Order late next month.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, WillCruiseForMoney said:

Find a future cruise you want.  Call (before April) and explain that you would like to book the cruise and want the certificates extended to be good for that cruise. They will normally honor such a request.

Thanks🙂

20 hours ago, lighthousewoman said:

We are scheduled on Breakaway out of NOLA on 4/4/21.  It is the last scheduled cruise out of there on that ship until fall.  Is NCL likely to send the ship to NOLA for just one week, from where ever it is now (Miami??), or should I assume ours will be cancelled, even if other ships are sailing in April.  Our final payment isn't due until February, so maybe I'll just wait and see, but would appreciate any thoughts.  No, I haven't called NCL to ask.  😃

NCL's call center won't have an answer anyway. But I would agree with your speculation - Breakaway will probably start with its next port whenever they are ready.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, oregonian123 said:

Is it 10% off the cruise fare or 10% off everything in the reservation? Thanks

It's 10% off of the remaining Cruise fare after all other discounts.  I booked an 11 day Dawn cruise for 1/29/22 and it was 10% off after their "30%" off deal.  It does not apply to the port fees or anything else.  Not a bad deal with the bev, 4 meals, internet & $50/port excursion plans included.

36 minutes ago, monl765 said:

It's 10% off of the remaining Cruise fare after all other discounts.  I booked an 11 day Dawn cruise for 1/29/22 and it was 10% off after their "30%" off deal.  It does not apply to the port fees or anything else.  Not a bad deal with the bev, 4 meals, internet & $50/port excursion plans included.

Thank you.  That is good to know. 

Edited by oregonian123
typo

Now that my Jan 2021 B2B voyages have been cancelled, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to process my refund of:

Cruise Next Deposits (I used 4 CND for the cancelled voyage and currently have 1 CND remaining in my account)
as well as 30k in NCL BoA World Points (I used them to do the meta upgrade for the cancelled voyage).

OR if there is anything I can do to expedite the process?

Anyone else in the same boat?

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WYB! said:

Now that my Jan 2021 B2B voyages have been cancelled, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to process my refund of:

Cruise Next Deposits (I used 4 CND for the cancelled voyage and currently have 1 CND remaining in my account)
as well as 30k in NCL BoA World Points (I used them to do the meta upgrade for the cancelled voyage).

OR if there is anything I can do to expedite the process?

Anyone else in the same boat?

- WYB

The Cruise Next Deposits usually return to your account within several working days. You will see them this week.

Hello,

So the original Cruise Next Deposits (I used 4 CND for the cancelled voyage and currently have 1 CND remaining in my account) have returned to my account with the original expiration dates (2/14/2019 - 1/27/2023 & 1/22/2020 - 1/4/2024).

Still awaiting:

- The 30k in NCL BoA World Points (I used them to do the meta upgrade for the cancelled voyage)

- Cash refund to my credit card for the voyage.

Strangely my TA seems to have charged me $1,000 as a cancellation fee. Need to check with my TA to see what that is about. I've already asked just need to hear back from them.

Stay well & Safe travels,

- WYB

5 hours ago, WYB! said:

Hello,

So the original Cruise Next Deposits (I used 4 CND for the cancelled voyage and currently have 1 CND remaining in my account) have returned to my account with the original expiration dates (2/14/2019 - 1/27/2023 & 1/22/2020 - 1/4/2024).

Still awaiting:

- The 30k in NCL BoA World Points (I used them to do the meta upgrade for the cancelled voyage)

- Cash refund to my credit card for the voyage.

Strangely my TA seems to have charged me $1,000 as a cancellation fee. Need to check with my TA to see what that is about. I've already asked just need to hear back from them.

Stay well & Safe travels,

- WYB

My TA has a cancellation fee...but it's his own version of a future credit.  You can use it for anything (cruise, plan, AI etc) in the future that you book with him.

So to follow up, I called the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) in order to get my 30k in points back from the cancelled Jan 2021 voyage. They were very helpful and were able to process my request immediately. They would NOT have processed the point refund automatically, so if you are in the same situation of a cancelled voyage and had used points you should call them to get the points refunded to your account.

I then contacted my TA to complete my B2B booking for Jan 2022 using the 30% NCL Black Friday and 10% Cancelled voyage discount along with 4 CNDs for an O4 (Family Oceanview Cabin).

I then waited about an hour or 2 after the NCL Booking number was created with my TA and then contacted the BoA NCL Meta People (1-866-954-4077) again to use the 30k to do a Single Meta upgrade from the O4 to a BA (Balcony Cabin). Upgrade from an O4 to BA is now completed and shows on my ncl.com account.

Travel Insurance was done with my TA and actually the policy just transferred from the cancelled voyage to this newly created voyage.

Now just need to send off my stock account information for processing and final payment will be due September 2021..

396 days to go...

Safe travels & Happy Holidays.

- WhosYourBuddy

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

Expect more cancellations:  April 2021 Getaway to Bahamas is no longer available.  The only sailing available from NYC in April 2021 is a transatlantic.

Oh well......

We are booked on the April 2021 Transatlantic - NYC to London.

I am so hoping it is a go, but I have strong doubts.  The cruise is on the STAR and this makes me think it will be canceled.  We'll keep trying.  I've had 3 cruises canceled & have 3 current reservations that may be canceled.  Eventually, (at least hopefully) we'll get a green light!

Gotta think positive!

Judy

Sent off my stock account information for processing yesterday (Dec 09th), and the credit of $100 for for each voyage has already appeared in my an updated Amenity invoice (Dec 10th).

However, as I do my math calculations for my discounts (30% NCL Black Friday & 10% NCL Cancelled Cruise) my cruise fare price discount seems to be closer to 32.25% off and not (30% & 10%), but well, my 30k meta room upgrade from O4 to BA makes up for that (kinda).

395 days until next voyage.

Safe travels & Happy Holidays.

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

We are booked on the April 2021 Transatlantic - NYC to London.

I am so hoping it is a go, but I have strong doubts.  The cruise is on the STAR and this makes me think it will be canceled.  We'll keep trying.  I've had 3 cruises canceled & have 3 current reservations that may be canceled.  Eventually, (at least hopefully) we'll get a green light!

Gotta think positive!

Judy

Hi Judy - we, too are booked on an April 2021 Transatlantic -

New York to Amsterdam on the Jade - there are still a few of us hanging in there - hoping that it won't be canceled - but - we certainly do no want to go on a cruise if we have to wear masks.....

We wait and see an little bit longer !   May just end up with some more FCC's !!) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Hi Judy - we, too are booked on an April 2021 Transatlantic -

New York to Amsterdam on the Jade - there are still a few of us hanging in there - hoping that it won't be canceled - but - we certainly do no want to go on a cruise if we have to wear masks.....

We wait and see an little bit longer !   May just end up with some more FCC's !!) 

Hi!

I agree about the masks.

That would not be fun.

We will hang on until either sail or  NCL cancels it.

But I think it is the STAR, not the JADE.  

Are you really a Dog Walker?

That would be a great job for me - except maybe in the rain.....

I love, love love dogs.

Our little Molly is the light of our life.

Judy

28 minutes ago, rscales2 said:

NCL canceled my March 27, 2022 cruise on the Epic a week ago. I don’t see anything on there website I called they can’t tell me anything. Do anyone know do they have a replacement cruise.

I doubt anything will appear there anytime soon. Its almost the end of the year. Se we better wait for 2021 and start this search again. I am sure that eventually we will find the one that fits us the best 

9 hours ago, rscales2 said:

NCL canceled my March 27, 2022 cruise on the Epic a week ago. I don’t see anything on there website I called they can’t tell me anything. Do anyone know do they have a replacement cruise.

All cruises in March other than those on Encore, Escape and Joy are canceled.  There aren't any replacement cruises.  You simply take your refund and book a different cruise.   I would not bet on those March cruises happening with the growing crisis and the incredible handling of the situation in Florida right now.

10 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

All cruises in March other than those on Encore, Escape and Joy are canceled.  There aren't any replacement cruises.  You simply take your refund and book a different cruise.   I would not bet on those March cruises happening with the growing crisis and the incredible handling of the situation in Florida right now.

rscales2 said March 2022, not March 2021.

Below are the original schedules.

image.png.a4441daa112c9d69458ef8a4a1afdcbc.png

image.png.d71a975e18a4d06bfd6f7e2c868df908.png

Based on the information on Facebook groups from some booked passengers, the itineraries could possibly be changed as below:

One fewer night for this cruise

Mar 27: San Juan

Mar 28: St Maarten

Mar 29: Tortola

Mar 30: Puerto Plata

Mar 31: at sea

Apr 01: at sea

Apr 02: New York

One more night for this cruise

Apr 02: New York

Apr 03: at sea

Apr 04: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 05: Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

Apr 06 afterwards: unchanged

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I checked the NCL website just now, and the only cruises listed prior to May are a couple of Hawai'i cruise tours.  The four day hotel package runs from the 27th through the 30th of April, with the cruise departing on the First of May, so actually no cruises from NCL until May.  We had an April Transatlantic booked on the Jade, so this now makes a dozen Covid cancelled cruises for us.

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

I checked the NCL website just now, and the only cruises listed prior to May are a couple of Hawai'i cruise tours.  The four day hotel package runs from the 27th through the 30th of April, with the cruise departing on the First of May, so actually no cruises from NCL until May.  We had an April Transatlantic booked on the Jade, so this now makes a dozen Covid cancelled cruises for us.

NCL stopped selling April on Friday, transferred all payments off the cruises on Saturday and removed them from the website. No official letters yet or update to the main NCL website. The transatlantic would not have been permitted under the CRC framework even if NCL restarted in April. 

9BBA2949-14F2-451F-9F83-E286DA0AE94F.jpeg