Here’s How Entertainment Onboard Norwegian Vessels Will Be Operating

Falckon

Masks will be the new norm for a long time. Certainly all of the 2021 cruise season and beyond. So will social distancing.

Keeping the cast in a bubble prior to embarkation is nothing new. That is what they are doing with the crew right now (quarantine them before testing them before allowing them to embark).  

It kinda messes with the timelines to install a new cast (some shows rotate the whole cast at once, some individual actors or acts,,, which will probably change).

Guest performers use to sign contracts for as short as a week... that will probably change.... which will discourage some of the performers. Some used to board, preform, then fly home at the port after their last performance... again likely to change... discouraging some performers. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I think I'll avoid being on a cruise ship until 2022 at the earliest. Unless its fun, why go.

I'm right there with you, having to wear a mask on board and social distance just doesn't sound like much fun. 2021 will be land vacations for me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

It is fun or not fun depending on what you choose it to be.

You can have a fun even in your own room as long as you have a balcony that is my view of this. 

Edited by Anas_
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

With half the capacity in the theater, I would think they could just put the shows live on the in-room TVs.  I realize that cuts into the ability to sell alcohol, but there isn't anything I can do about that.

For me it wouldn't even be worthwhile to watch a good quality stage show on those crappy cabin TV's.

Another thing I'll pass on.

20 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

For me it wouldn't even be worthwhile to watch a good quality stage show on those crappy cabin TV's.

Another thing I'll pass on.

Yea.  I can sit at home and watch all the shows I want in greater comfort and on a much bigger TV....and much cheaper.  On the boat, no, just doesn't work for me.  

I look forward to this, personally. I hate having people jammed into the theaters together and I'll ensure we make reservations as far ahead of time as possible. COVID restrictions have been great for me and my wife when it comes to seeing movies. There's no jostling for seats anymore. We might actually end up seeing MORE shows this way.

On 12/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, Seafan22 said:

With half the capacity in the theater, I would think they could just put the shows live on the in-room TVs.  I realize that cuts into the ability to sell alcohol, but there isn't anything I can do about that.

The half capacity theater goes with the half capacity ship. 

9 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

This looks like a blast! See the source image

Mr Vegas, have you been to Vegas since reopening?  Looks exactly like this. We’ve been on 5 vacations since reopening and they all have looked this this and all were a blast. We Enjoyed all (even with a mask on). 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Mr Vegas, have you been to Vegas since reopening?  Looks exactly like this. We’ve been on 5 vacations since reopening and they all have looked this this and all were a blast. We Enjoyed all (even with a mask on). 

Different people have different definitions of a 'blast'.  Our definition does not include wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, etc,.  Have fun but don't look for us.  We won't be there.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

So, couples and families will not be able to sit next to each other????

Not a deal breaker, but weird.  

People are posting what they think will happen not what the cruise lines have said for sure what will happen.

• Like 1