The Daily for Tuesday Dec 8, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy et al! @summer slopethat sangria sounds lovely,  and would be very pretty.   And I love Brownies, so far no tree, the weather Has been too nice so we are spending as much time outdoors.  May just put up the village and the crèche.  One more stocking to go, lol!,

@VictOriann sad about the lockdown extension but I have a lot of respect for Dr Bonnie Henry.  Stay safe.   We may have more restrictions today,  we are the worst in the country and doing the least.   Scary about those mink,  I know Denmark did a complete cull of millions as they had Covid they thought was mutating.  This is hitting close to home. One cousin in California is recovering and I just found out one of my other American cousins has tested positive,  hoping my elderly aunt stays okay as they were together Thanksgiving.  

On  a happier note I may make this for our Christmas celebration. 

image.png

While I can't like the news about your cousins, I can like the pretty dessert.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CrabbyPatti said:

Governor is shutting more down as I type.

I hadn't heard this yet, thanks.  I see he's extending it another month, is he adding more to the list of shut downs or just extending what we already have shut down?  Can't say I'm surprised. 

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Love the beach said:

Our tradition is baking Christmas cookies for the "elves" putting up the tree. They refuse to work without the cookies.......usually being made by the grandchildren!

When I was cleaning up the kitchen this morning I could hear the new neighbor’s kids outside playing. (It’s nice to have youngsters in the neighborhood again.) Then one yelled out “Cookies!”, and the other’s obviously got pretty excited.😁

With all the talk on this thread I finally decided to put up our decorations. Just have a few more to go.

Ran out to a local store to get a small “Charlie Brown tree” and a turkey roasting bag. Plan to make some decorated cut out cookies and hang them with pipe cleaners on the tree, add some Christmas candies, and take it to Dad. You’re all rubbing off on me in a good way.😁

• Like 8

Good evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your list Roy. 

I wanted to stop in and say hi even though it is late. DH got home today about noon from visiting his sister, BIL and brother in the White Mountains. To surprise him I made his favorite, mussels in wine with garlic toast. We stuffed ourselves so we will have something light for dinner.  BTW, my Bolognese was a hit with the in-laws. 

Not sure if I made a mistake or not but finally booked a cruise. It was the last day of the Have it All promotion. I just never could find a cruise to replace the ones that were canceled but decided on doing a New England/Canada B2B for September. The part I’m not sure about is the B2B part, and since we’ve never done one, I’m wondering if it is boring doing the same itinerary twice.  I do have time to think about it though. 

We haven’t put up our tree yet, probably this weekend. 

Praying for all who have family or friends with Covid or themselves. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 4

I had to come here for some cheer.   I made the mistake of attempting to clean my oven today.   it is a self cleaning oven, so I set the controls and it started the process.   The next thing I knew, the light for lock door was blinking and I had an f9 error code and the darn thing is beeping.  I tried clearing it off and it will clear for about 10 seconds and then start beeping again.  The only way to get it to stop beeping is to cut the power to the stove.   I can use the burners, but not the oven.  According to the documentation, it is a problem with the door locking mechanism.   Like it is totally jammed.  I tried oiling it, but no effect.   Sigh.....    I will call a repair person tomorrow.  It might be cheaper to just replace the stove.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Not sure if I made a mistake or not but finally booked a cruise. It was the last day of the Have it All promotion. I

I don’t think that is a mistake. You can always cancel if we don’t like the way things are going. 

I booked for November.  I am guessing/hoping the vaccine will be out enough by then to take a memorable trip.   I haven’t seen my family in two years and it will be nearly 3 next year.  My sisters & their DH’s are joining us.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

I had to come here for some cheer.   I made the mistake of attempting to clean my oven today.   it is a self cleaning oven, so I set the controls and it started the process.   The next thing I knew, the light for lock door was blinking and I had an f9 error code and the darn thing is beeping.  I tried clearing it off and it will clear for about 10 seconds and then start beeping again.  The only way to get it to stop beeping is to cut the power to the stove.   I can use the burners, but not the oven.  According to the documentation, it is a problem with the door locking mechanism.   Like it is totally jammed.  I tried oiling it, but no effect.   Sigh.....    I will call a repair person tomorrow.  It might be cheaper to just replace the stove.

Oh no!!  I hope you get it fixed fast. Last year we had a similar situation, could use the stovetop but not the oven. I decided to just replace the whole thing even though it wasn’t that old. I had been wanting to replace all the kitchen appliances to match anyway. Best desision ever. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t think that is a mistake. You can always cancel if we don’t like the way things are going. 

I booked for November.  I am guessing/hoping the vaccine will be out enough by then to take a memorable trip.   I haven’t seen my family in two years and it will be nearly 3 next year.  My sisters & their DH’s are joking us.

Thank you Jacqui. I’m hoping September will work. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

YIKES

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

I think it’s built in obsolescence.  We have a self cleaning wall oven,  the high heat apparently melts the wire harness or something,  repairs to ours was over 500$!  Eek!  But a new one like it was way more! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

I think it’s built in obsolescence.  We have a self cleaning wall oven,  the high heat apparently melts the wire harness or something,  repairs to ours was over 500$!  Eek!  But a new one like it was way more! 

So, the message is don’t clean your oven much?? 😆 😉 

I can go with that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

So, the message is don’t clean your oven much?? 😆 😉 

I can go with that.

That's the message I am getting.   I did find a video that showed how to bypass the whole locking system that shuts down the error code and the beeping.   You just have to clean the oven the old fashioned way.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Oh my gosh!   At that price I would replace this one.  It would just be a bit more.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

Oh my gosh!   At that price I would replace this one.  It would just be a bit more.  

That’s what I thought, then found out it was over two grand.  But that’s Canadian dollars! For some reason the wall convection ovens are way more.  Best of luck!  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bennybear said:

That’s what I thought, then found out it was over two grand.  But that’s Canadian dollars! For some reason the wall convection ovens are way more.  Best of luck!  

Holy moly!   I found one just like the one I have for about $650.  I'm going to try the bypass I saw on YouTube first.  If that doesn't work, I go to Lowe's.  I just hate to do that because once I do, the washer, dryer and fridge will all demand replacement.  

Edited by dfish
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your list Roy. 

I wanted to stop in and say hi even though it is late. DH got home today about noon from visiting his sister, BIL and brother in the White Mountains. To surprise him I made his favorite, mussels in wine with garlic toast. We stuffed ourselves so we will have something light for dinner.  BTW, my Bolognese was a hit with the in-laws. 

Not sure if I made a mistake or not but finally booked a cruise. It was the last day of the Have it All promotion. I just never could find a cruise to replace the ones that were canceled but decided on doing a New England/Canada B2B for September. The part I’m not sure about is the B2B part, and since we’ve never done one, I’m wondering if it is boring doing the same itinerary twice.  I do have time to think about it though. 

We haven’t put up our tree yet, probably this weekend. 

Praying for all who have family or friends with Covid or themselves. 

Have a great evening everyone!

We have done many b2bs with the same ports, and we have not found it boring.  There are some advantages.  First, you have a chance to to do or see things you didn’t have time to do the first time.  Knowing you will be back, you don’t have to cram everything into one long, tiring day.  Another advantage is if the weather is bad the first time, you have another chance to see the port.

If you are like us, sometimes at dinner there are two entrees you want to try.  On b2b cruises, you can have one the first cruise and the other the second one. 

You can always try this b2b cruise to see if you like it.  If not, then you’ll know to not book another one.

Lenda

• Like 4