Face masks at sea.

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Tut tut tut tut . A potential superspreader event there! 😮😮 

Yet here we are 17 days later and everyone perfectly healthy. 

The point being, it is absolutely not a necessity to lock yourself in a cave to be safe; you are actually doing more harm than good in many instances; use the common sense the good Lord blessed you with (hopefully). 

The problem is common sense isn’t always common. 

• Like 5

I booked our first Europe cruise for May 2022 for my daughter's high school graduation.  I hope we do not have to wear masks by then (but could probably manage since we would be off the ship most of the time)  However, if the restriction to only book cruise line excursions is NOT gone by then, I will be cancelling.  

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What about people who get Covid in the future suing the cruise line the way these all inclusive resorts in Egypt get sued. Okay proving where you caught it might be a problem. And as long as the CDC says that 1 case means the whole ship locks down putting the next cruise at risk which it would. Masks will be worn and the CDC might say that forever.

Can't sue if you sign a wavier and release cruise line from all COVID related liabilities before you board.

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The point being, it is absolutely not a necessity to lock yourself in a cave to be safe; you are actually doing more harm than good in many instances; use the common sense the good Lord blessed you with (hopefully). 

Yes perhaps for a lot of people things could have been handled differently with different approaches. Luckily for you nothing happened because you have might have faced criminal charges? I am surprised no one organising these events particularly the ones aimed at catching the outbreak haven't faced really serious charges.

One thing I really love about America is your criminal justice system and the sentences in particular. I have lived and work in US twice the first time summer 03 when that trial was on in Texas on court tv the woman who hit the guy driving home and he got stuck in windshield of the car impaled on the glass and she let him die. She got like 60 years or something. Brilliant! 

20 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Can't sue if you sign a wavier and release cruise line from all COVID related liabilities before you board.

And no signature no boarding of course. Though that wording will probably be written into the health questionnaire.

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Im of the opinion that one night/show is enough with these shows.  Id rather see movies, novelty acts, comedy, cover bands...then the so called Broadway shows.  I know I'm in the minority but I would much rather watch a first run movie that can air all day in theater then the shows.  And honestly, I never see these shows crowded.  Its the comedy or ventriloquist or other novelty that always looks filled.  

I agree. Those Broadway shows are so played out. How many times do I need to see the same shows that hit Broadway 40 plus years ago and have been made into movies that are 30 plus yrs old. I Honestly can't believe they made Cat's into a movie last year.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

I will gladly wear a mask. As an added bonus it will also ensure that I remember to reapply sunscreen on my face because that’s definitely not a tan like I’d like to get.

Well that won't help I use 2 layers of sunscreen a spray on and cream and I have tan lines. 

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Tut tut tut tut . A potential superspreader event there! 😮😮 

There' an Eeyore in every crowd.  Aside from running around pantless, there are folks with a more positive outlook out there, and I am one of them.

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What about people who get Covid in the future suing the cruise line the way these all inclusive resorts in Egypt get sued. Okay proving where you caught it might be a problem. And as long as the CDC says that 1 case means the whole ship locks down putting the next cruise at risk which it would. Masks will be worn and the CDC might say that forever.

😎 couldn't find the rolly eyed emoji. 

Think what you will but that is never going to happen.  A year, maybe two, but forever?  Nope.  

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Unless you had a severe case of pneumonia earlier this year that took several months to finally feel normal, and your husband has an underlying condition.  Then, you don't take chances and you don't go into crowded situations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pcur said:

Unless you had a severe case of pneumonia earlier this year that took several months to finally feel normal, and your husband has an underlying condition.  Then, you don't take chances and you don't go into crowded situations.

Choice- the beauty of being an American.  I am glad you are back to feeling well

• Like 1

Yes perhaps for a lot of people things could have been handled differently with different approaches. Luckily for you nothing happened because you have might have faced criminal charges? I am surprised no one organising these events particularly the ones aimed at catching the outbreak haven't faced really serious charges.

One thing I really love about America is your criminal justice system and the sentences in particular. I have lived and work in US twice the first time summer 03 when that trial was on in Texas on court tv the woman who hit the guy driving home and he got stuck in windshield of the car impaled on the glass and she let him die. She got like 60 years or something. Brilliant! 

Absolutely ridiculous, In America we can do what we want in the privacy of our homes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the OP- Mask will be mandatory at least the next year. I have no problem cruising with a mask- in fact I took two cruises this year- masks of course were mandatory.

TUI Cruises is sailing since July without a hitch- even though they are now sailing with only one ship, since Covid hit Europe in the second wave.

I did a four night cruise out of Germany in July and a 7 night cruise in October - everybody doned their masks when walking the ship - inside. On the outer decks only when social distancing could be adhered.

Walking into a bar, restaurant.. etc. you wear your mask and take it off when seated. NO problem at all. It is just like everyday life now.

Did I enjoy my " Mask- cruises" ? Yes I did- big time- very much- loved it.

The next cruise line i try is MSC- Yacht Club- maybe in March- when things here have calmed down a bit. As of Dec. 16th our country is going into a very strict lock down again- as in March.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I still think you had early Covid in February. Look what happened in New Orleans and with Majesty right after we were there. :classic_smile:

We will wear the masks and enjoy our time aboard.  I think some people just detest being told what to do and when to do it, especially if they are paying -- I get that.  "For me," wearing a mask is not a problem.  I am more concerned about being limited to the ship's shore excursions.   If the prices are reasonable -- no problem.  If they hike the prices, then I am going to be aggravated, but will still cruise.

I do enjoy being able to discern when a person is truly smiling behind the mask.  There is a distinct difference in a true smile; it shows in your eyes and facial movement.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Absolutely ridiculous, In America we can do what we want in the privacy of our homes.

I am sure you can but I am surprised there hasn't been at least the threat of it. Considering they charge and convict people in new york for murder for lying to get a driving licence and having a seizure at the wheel killing 2 british tourists in the process.  Same thing happen in Glasgow Scotland a few years back and no charges got bought despite the fitness of the drive to drive he had blackouts and may have lied to his employers.  I have also heard stories of deaths due to religious beliefs and these believing parents refusing to give their daughter insulin for diabetes leading to death. But hey I do love your laws and sentencing. I really do.

9 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I agree with the OP- Mask will be mandatory at least the next year. I have no problem cruising with a mask- in fact I took two cruises this year- masks of course were mandatory.

TUI Cruises is sailing since July without a hitch- even though they are now sailing with only one ship, since Covid hit Europe in the second wave.

I did a four night cruise out of Germany in July and a 7 night cruise in October - everybody doned their masks when walking the ship - inside. On the outer decks only when social distancing could be adhered.

Walking into a bar, restaurant.. etc. you wear your mask and take it off when seated. NO problem at all. It is just like everyday life now.

Did I enjoy my " Mask- cruises" ? Yes I did- big time- very much- loved it.

The next cruise line i try is MSC- Yacht Club- maybe in March- when things here have calmed down a bit. As of Dec. 16th our country is going into a very strict lock down again- as in March.

How are your death tolls so low compared to the UK?

11 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

😎 couldn't find the rolly eyed emoji. 

Think what you will but that is never going to happen.  A year, maybe two, but forever?  Nope.  

Yeah but does the CDC want to destroy the majority non American employing, petri dish sailing, heavily polluting cruise industry? That is the question.

I am sure you can but I am surprised there hasn't been at least the threat of it. Considering they charge and convict people in new york for murder for lying to get a driving licence and having a seizure at the wheel killing 2 british tourists in the process.  Same thing happen in Glasgow Scotland a few years back and no charges got bought despite the fitness of the drive to drive he had blackouts and may have lied to his employers.  I have also heard stories of deaths due to religious beliefs and these believing parents refusing to give their daughter insulin for diabetes leading to death. But hey I do love your laws and sentencing. I really do.

I think you need to stop reading articles on the internet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I still think you had early Covid in February. Look what happened in New Orleans and with Majesty right after we were there. :classic_smile:

I do, too, and it makes me feel very guilty that I might have spread it.  But, as you know I was coughing inside my clothing, anyway, to not spread what I had.  I looked like a turtle half the time!  😁

• Haha 1