Royal C and NCL debt issues

4774Papa

You know what? Since I'm not a share holder and I'm not burdened with potentially worthless FCCs, at this point I really don't care. They'll fail or they won't.  If they fail, someone else will come along and take their place. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mom says said:

You know what? Since I'm not a share holder and I'm not burdened with potentially worthless FCCs, at this point I really don't care. They'll fail or they won't.  If they fail, someone else will come along and take their place. 

I want them to succeed for the wonderful staff...So many must be struggling and desperate to get a contract on board again. Companies failing results in families suffering...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

https://www.barrons.com/articles/royal-caribbean-norwegian-cruise-line-are-put-on-credit-watch-over-extended-suspensions-51607700601

Cruising has been on hold for months and with months to go before normal.   Will they survive or if they do survive weakend?

I'm not sure that I needed Barrons to tell me that it was going to take longer than expected for cruising to resume and the costs would be higher than expected.  That's why I've been taking the refunds.

• Like 5

On 12/12/2020 at 1:51 AM, chemmo said:

I want them to succeed for the wonderful staff...So many must be struggling and desperate to get a contract on board again. Companies failing results in families suffering...

For  sure.  

I do not understand why anyone would wish/want a company to fail.  I can understand not knowing anything and thus not having an opinion of IF you think they might fail for 'x' reasons, but to wish a company to fails seems a bit odd.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

For  sure.  

I do not understand why anyone would wish/want a company to fail.  I can understand not knowing anything and thus not having an opinion of IF you think they might fail for 'x' reasons, but to wish a company to fails seems a bit odd.

shipshape: 100% agree here!  I'm not a shareholder in Ford, GM, Costco, myriad other companies that employee a LOT of people.  Why on earth a person would say, "if they fail", "I don't really care", good grief already,  C-O-L-D!!!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

For  sure.  

I did not see any poster saying that they actually wished or wanted Royal or Norwegian to fail.   

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I did not see any poster saying that they actually wished or wanted Royal or Norwegian to fail.   

I have to agree, TR. Not caring if a business fails does not mean one wants it to, though it is difficult to separate one from the other. But it is the sign of the times is it not, personal inconveniences, frustrations and ongoing uncertainty indeed enable comments to criticize and criticisms to comment on. This pandemic has turned the cruising forum into a house divided. 

In one form or another the cruise industry can recover, even thrive again. The next two to three years is key, both in industry re-development and societal acceptance. By far, the majority of the world's population are non-cruisers and couldn't care less about that indulgence. This leaves it up to the cruising minority, within and without this house divided, to help make it happen.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, shipshape sam said:

For  sure.  

Makes you wonder, doesn't it??

On 12/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, shipshape sam said:

For  sure.  

Not odd if you are short the company's stock where you profit when the company's stock declines in price.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:13 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

I have to agree, TR. Not caring if a business fails does not mean one wants it to, though it is difficult to separate one from the other. But it is the sign of the times is it not, personal inconveniences, frustrations and ongoing uncertainty indeed enable comments to criticize and criticisms to comment on. This pandemic has turned the cruising forum into a house divided. 

In one form or another the cruise industry can recover, even thrive again. The next two to three years is key, both in industry re-development and societal acceptance. By far, the majority of the world's population are non-cruisers and couldn't care less about that indulgence. This leaves it up to the cruising minority, within and without this house divided, to help make it happen.

Just had this conversation with DH today. He hates cruising and thinks it should be banished from the earth, for the good of mankind. I informed him that there are a great many of us who cannot wait to get back to cruising and the major cruise lines will most certainly be booming again at some point in the not too distant future. Not to mention many economies around the globe rely on it, even our local economy. I think post-pandemic cruising will be a safer, cleaner experience overall.

6 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

Just had this conversation with DH today. He hates cruising and thinks it should be banished from the earth, for the good of mankind. I informed him that there are a great many of us who cannot wait to get back to cruising and the major cruise lines will most certainly be booming again at some point in the not too distant future. Not to mention many economies around the globe rely on it, even our local economy. I think post-pandemic cruising will be a safer, cleaner experience overall.

Cruise industry generates over $55B to US economy and over $3B to Canada.  That is a lot of jobs not to just those that work on the ships, but to those who live in our countries that supply etc.  Is it a lot of $ representative to each countries overall economy, no it is not, but it sure as heck means a lot to the good folks that work in the industry.  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, LGW59 said:

shipshape: 100% agree here!  I'm not a shareholder in Ford, GM, Costco, myriad other companies that employee a LOT of people.  Why on earth a person would say, "if they fail", "I don't really care", good grief already,  C-O-L-D!!!

Love GM stock bought it at under 20 sold at over 40 that will pay for a few cruises