Will Celebrity air let you fly home from a different city than you disembarked from?

edgee

We are planning a transtlantic on Apex in 2022 disembarking Amsterdam. Is it likely we can use Celebrity air to fly back to U.S. from another city ( eg. Zurich) following some land touring? A few years ago they let us fly home from Kauai after our cruise ended in Honolulu. Wondered if others have had luck/lack of luck with trying to exercise this sort of option.

22 minutes ago, edgee said:

We are planning a transtlantic on Apex in 2022 disembarking Amsterdam. Is it likely we can use Celebrity air to fly back to U.S. from another city ( eg. Zurich) following some land touring? A few years ago they let us fly home from Kauai after our cruise ended in Honolulu. Wondered if others have had luck/lack of luck with trying to exercise this sort of option.

Are you on the 4/30/22 depart from FLL?  Just booked that last night, love the itinerary, esp the amount of sea days.  I do book my air with Celebrity but have not gotten that far just yet, just wanted to lock in the cruise first.

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Are you on the 4/30/22 depart from FLL?  Just booked that last night, love the itinerary, esp the amount of sea days.  I do book my air with Celebrity but have not gotten that far just yet, just wanted to lock in the cruise first.

Yes we are on that cruise. We have booked Crystal River Cruise out of Amsterdam on May 14...same day as disembarkation. River cruise goes to Basel, so looking for air out of Zurich or possibly Basel. Of course way too early to book air, so just thinking about options.

44 minutes ago, edgee said:

As long as you fly home within 2 weeks of disembarking - yes.  This was the rule in 2018.

I’m on the cruise from Venice to Rome, oct 2021. Have never used celebrity air but after the fiasco cancelling the the trip that was to be sept 2020 like the safety of not getting stuck with flights. Our plans are to fly to Milan and do about 10 days touring Italy ourselves before heading to Venice. I have been waiting to book flights as still plenty of time and hoping better options for flight schedules  as travel reopens. So same question. We want flights to Milan and not Venice where the cruise begins. 

4 hours ago, Orator said:

Will do the same if Bach is cancelled this year. Why not check the fights  offered by Crystal?

Of course that is another option. Over many years of cruising both Celebrity and Crystal Ocean I have found Celebrity Air generally easier to deal with and you can shop possible flights on line.

4 minutes ago, edgee said:

Of course that is another option. Over many years of cruising both Celebrity and Crystal Ocean I have found Celebrity Air generally easier to deal with and you can shop possible flights on line.

I've never sailed Crystal but will all of my Celebrity cruises, have always used them for air, have always been great!

16 hours ago, edgee said:

Yes, it is possible.  There are often very good pricing on one ways with Celebrity Air.  Just make sure you check what class you will be in i.e. Basic  Economy vs. Economy.  With the same airline, Celebrity Air offered a better price but it was for Basic versus Economy offered by booking directly with the airline. Different perks are included.

Be very careful of the airline used is British Air (BA) if your return flight involves a change of planes in London.

The flight from your departing city to the change in the UK will be considered short haul by BA and will be a a travel nightmare as the flight is minimal in comfort and options.

Everything will be extra cost on the aircraft (even a request for water). The seats are narrow, and at 5'6, my knees touched the seat back in front of me.

My best comparison was to the movie "Con Air" for comfort and atmosphere (without the manacles, of course).

Never again on BA in Europe.

19 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Be very careful of the airline used is British Air (BA) if your return flight involves a change of planes in London.

The flight from your departing city to the change in the UK will be considered short haul by BA and will be a a travel nightmare as the flight is minimal in comfort and options.

Everything will be extra cost on the aircraft (even a request for water). The seats are narrow, and at 5'6, my knees touched the seat back in front of me.

My best comparison was to the movie "Con Air" for comfort and atmosphere (without the manacles, of course).

I have heard about this with BA. Even worse, we originally booked Business class with BA for our Celebrity flights to Venice from DFW next May with Celebrity Air. When we went into the BA website to choose our Business class seats they wanted another $109pp to pre pick our seats. There is no fee if you wait until 24 hours before departure to get seats. I thought this was the ultimate ripoff and immediately canceled our flights and booked on Delta for the same cost and pre chosen seats. I can understand an extra fee for economy or coach, but when you are booking Business Class this is just ridiculous. We will never fly BA.

Make sure that you check all your options when it is time to book.

We've used ChoiceAir at least a dozen times in the past, all for either open jaw or one way.  We stopped using them a while back when they did some tweeking to their booking engine, and flights we used to secure for maybe 60-70% of the cost direct from the airline were often running considerably more than booking direct.  Now we check ChoiceAir but use sites like skyscanner which has resulted in much better choices as well as prices.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have heard about this with BA. Even worse, we originally booked Business class with BA for our Celebrity flights to Venice from DFW next May with Celebrity Air. When we went into the BA website to choose our Business class seats they wanted another $109pp to pre pick our seats. There is no fee if you wait until 24 hours before departure to get seats. I thought this was the ultimate ripoff and immediately canceled our flights and booked on Delta for the same cost and pre chosen seats. I can understand an extra fee for economy or coach, but when you are booking Business Class this is just ridiculous. We will never fly BA.

We were using air from Viking Ocean for a Viking cruise that went from Venice to Athens.

We were ok on the way over as it was Lufthansa (United) to Frankfort and then a short hop on a regional airline. Service was first rate and the short hop included sandwiches, choice of beverages and snacks.

The way back was British Air short haul (four and a half hour flight to London) in the conditions described above. To add insult to injury, we flew into Gatewick and had to take a bus ride to Heathrow for the next leg.

It was a downer from the first class service on the flight over and the Viking Ocean cruise to deal with BA.

5 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Never again BA anywhere.  Smallest seats around.  If you have long legs it is a challenge to get in the seat as you knees are into the seat in front.

Agree on avoiding Heathrow.  But ask on any flight outside the US with multiple flights if the domestic and international terminals are at the same location.  For example in Buenos Aires the two are an hour's drive apart.

6 hours ago, keesar said:

Yes, it is possible.  There are often very good pricing on one ways with Celebrity Air.  Just make sure you check what class you will be in i.e. Basic  Economy vs. Economy.  With the same airline, Celebrity Air offered a better price but it was for Basic versus Economy offered by booking directly with the airline. Different perks are included.

Keesar, what airline was involved?  I have never seen a Basic Economy rate on Celebrity air.  I usually use AA or United.