When will next round of cancellations be announced?

Zuluboudreaux

5 hours ago, pe4all said:

Son of a gun!  They are really going pretty far out this time - especially 2022 cruises.  Might be more dancing of the ships upcoming.

Am I just overlooking something?  I have not seen anything about 2022?  Is there more than what Saint Greg posted or is it there and I’m just blind?

7 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

Am I just overlooking something?  I have not seen anything about 2022?  Is there more than what Saint Greg posted or is it there and I’m just blind?

On the Carnival Website:

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• Carnival Freedom sailings through and including April 10, 2021
  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
  • Carnival Sunrise
    • Ft. Lauderdale, New York and Norfolk sailings through and including October 19, 2020
    • Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from October 9, 2021 through and including April 30, 2022, excluding the March 5, 2022 sailing
    • Miami 5 day sailing January 3, 2022
  • Carnival Radiance
    • Sailings through and including November 1, 2020
    • 9, 12, and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022
    • 5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021
  • Carnival Legend sailings through and including March 26, 2021
  • Carnival Paradise sailings through and including May 31, 2021
  • Carnival Magic sailings through and including September 24, 2021
  • Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • Carnival Valor sailings through and including September 11, 2021
  • Carnival Miracle sailings through and including September 16, 2021
  • Carnival Liberty sailings from September 17, 2021 through and including October 18, 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including June 12, 2021
  • Carnival Fascination sailings through and including January 9, 2022
  • Carnival Sensation sailings through and including March 31, 2021, and March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
  • Mardi Gras sailings through and including April 17, 2021
  • Carnival Sunshine sailings from October 11, 2021 through and including November 13, 2021
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including March 31, 2021
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Moviela said:

All I can do now is dust off my disappointment and schedule some new dates. I think I will sit by the bay, crack some crab and think about sailing next summer.

Awwwww....you can't enjoy that cognac on the aft deck of the Panorama in March.  

If you're lucky...maybe late summer.  Carnival still has to have those actual test cruises, not the stationary at the dock ones you think will suffice. Then they have to wait 60 days and then start short cruises on the Breeze and Horizon.  Hopefully no hiccups happen and then the new jewel of the line can finally debut, but more than likely delayed since immunizations will more than likely be a requirement and with the slow implementation I don't  think April 24 will cut it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Awwwww....you can't enjoy that cognac on the aft deck of the Panorama in March.  

If you're lucky...maybe late summer.  Carnival still has to have those actual test cruises, not the stationary at the dock ones you think will suffice. Then they have to wait 60 days and then start short cruises on the Breeze and Horizon.  Hopefully no hiccups happen and then the new jewel of the line can finally debut, but more than likely delayed since immunizations will more than likely be a requirement and with the slow implementation I don't  think April 24 will cut it.

Indeed, the notion of April cruises is merely more fool's gold.

CCL's announcements have been a trailing indicator all along ... if you want to see what's ahead, pay close attention to daily infection and hospitalization rates as well as death tolls.

Cruise ships have zero chance of sailing any time close to months when those numbers are grim ... right now they're horrible and getting worse. And nobody in the world of real science expects improvement in the near future.

For CC members tired of disappointment after disappointment - why not stop continuing the cycle? Follow the science instead of baseless "optimism." 

We WILL cruise again - but no time soon.

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

We WILL cruise again - but no time soon.

I am fully expecting our late August Oasis cruise to be cancelled, which is not a problem since we're driving.  I just hope our Halloween sailing on the Mardi Gras is reality.  We already switched our January flights from our cancelled cruise to October and I don't think American will allow another switch, so that would be 460 bucks down the drain.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I am fully expecting our late August Oasis cruise to be cancelled, which is not a problem since we're driving.  I just hope our Halloween sailing on the Mardi Gras is reality.  We already switched our January flights from our cancelled cruise to October and I don't think American will allow another switch, so that would be 460 bucks down the drain.

That seems utterly reasonable. 

None of us should build big expectations for this year ... but if the vaccine rollout improves & the mutations don't worsen & the vaccine proves effective in the real world, there's at least a logical path to the idea of cruising by October. Zero guarantee, but at least the hope is grounded in reality.

Let's look for an end to the phony 'no masks, no distancing' childishness ... and keep a good thought for some degree of normalcy by Halloween.

38 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

I am waiting for my end of May cruise to be cancelled, but until it is, I cannot book another vacation.  After Miracle was cancelled for next week, we booked a trip to Cancun and will enjoy the trip down there.

Looks like you're not updated when it comes to the news.  This is what happens when people think they know better than "the experts".

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-escape-mexico-avoid-coronavirus-restrictions-now-surging-2021-1

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Looks like you're not updated when it comes to the news.  This is what happens when people think they know better than "the experts".

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-escape-mexico-avoid-coronavirus-restrictions-now-surging-2021-1

Not only that, but as of the 26th you'd have to have a negative test before flying back into the U.S... No way I would want to try and find a reliable and safe COVID test in Mexico.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazy4themouse said:

Not only that, but as of the 26th you'd have to have a negative test before flying back into the U.S... No way I would want to try and find a reliable and safe COVID test in Mexico.

Most resorts are now offering that with your stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they are going to cancel April, I wish they would all ready. Some lady in our roll call is saying we will be a test sailing and even claims that all of the simulated cruises will have paying customers on them. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

Just had some friends cancel trip to Cabo due to new return negative covid test. Their resort would handle the test 3 days before return, but they did not want to take the risk. They also read the rules about what happens with a positive test, definitely not worth the risk.

38 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

There may be further restrictions coming in about 72 hours.

I am thinking mandatory quarantines for international arrivals.

I would not want to be overseas after January 26.

What about that caravan coming across our southern border. How many of them have covid? If the border with mexico stays open I dont see how its makes much difference what we do flying into usa. People cross the border legally too, just ask el paso texas. They ran out of beds and begged people to stay home.

Canada closed their border to usa but our border with mexico is open. Arizona was hitting record highs today, might be because they are also a border state to mexico. Lol you cant fly home, but you can drive over the border legally? I've only heard of measures flying home after the 26th. Maybe I missed it when I read but only saw flying back to USA you need a test. 

No easy answers here just get vaccinated as soon as you can. Protect yourself. 

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Five star resorts like the Karisma Group are including one with your stay.

Even if the resorts are including the tests now as part of their offerings, the number of cases in Mexico right now are screaming high -- likely because of so many reckless Americans flocking there because they think they can go vacation with all their "freedoms" intact and like nothing at all is going on back home. The virus doesn't care that we're sick of it and want to go on vacation without it -- it's coming along no matter which direction people are heading across the border whether we want it to or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

No way I would want to try and find a reliable and safe COVID test in Mexico.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Five star resorts like the Karisma Group are including one with your stay.

47 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

Even if the resorts are including the tests now as part of their offerings, the number of cases in Mexico right now are screaming high -- likely because of so many reckless Americans flocking there because they think they can go vacation with all their "freedoms" intact and like nothing at all is going on back home.

All I was doing was responding to your original post about finding a safe and reliable test in Mexico.

Fully agree about your statement regarding Americans that are fed up and are looking for alternative ways to vacation since cruising is shut down. 

Luckily we have appointments in five weeks to get the vaccine and will have our second shots in March. 

Although this particular bit of news is fairly generic to travel on the surface, I believe it may impact our little cruising world:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/18/politics/trump-covid-travel-restrictions/index.html

Specifically, the sentence "In fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19."

So I will not be surprised if all the plans for resumption of cruising go right out the window very shortly.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Although this particular bit of news is fairly generic to travel on the surface, I believe it may impact our little cruising world:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/18/politics/trump-covid-travel-restrictions/index.html

Specifically, the sentence "In fact, we plan to strengthen public health measures around international travel in order to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19."

So I will not be surprised if all the plans for resumption of cruising go right out the window very shortly.

Interesting article thanks for sharing

55 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

I would think the next round will be soon as NCL has now cancelled through April 30,2021.

Carnival will follow soon.

Agreed.   Carnival is one of the few major cruise lines that has not cancelled US cruises for April.  I look for more cancellations from Carnival any day now.