When will next round of cancellations be announced?

Zuluboudreaux

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

Just booked out of Miami in early May.  For now I'm only paying the deposit and holding out hope.  

I would not hold my breath assuming that your cruise will go.

The first sticking point is going to be when the actual "test cruises" sail, will they be cruises to nowhere and will you need to be vaccinated to participate.   It has been assumed that vaccinations will be a requirement once the rollout starts, but will it be a requirement of the test cruises?  With the very slow implementation of the shots being administered,  combined with the unknown ramifications of the new CDC director and of course the new administration in DC, it's anybody's guess as to when things will start up.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would not hold my breath assuming that your cruise will go.

The first sticking point is going to be when the actual "test cruises" sail, will they be cruises to nowhere and will you need to be vaccinated to participate.   It has been assumed that vaccinations will be a requirement once the rollout starts, but will it be a requirement of the test cruises?  With the very slow implementation of the shots being administered,  combined with the unknown ramifications of the new CDC director and of course the new administration in DC, it's anybody's guess as to when things will start up.

If they make vaccinations a requirement, I definitely won’t be on any of the first cruises. At the current rate of vaccinations in my state, it will take a few months to vaccinate all of the 1st in line folks - healthcare workers and nursing home residents. 

• Like 1

Its now 81 days till my cruise out of L.A.  Just waiting for Carnival to cancel which im pretty sure is coming within the next two weeks.  Based on supposed criteria (as i understand it) there needs to be a test cruise and then cruising may be permitted 60 days following.  Given those guidelines the test cruise for Panorama would need to happen within the next week which would give the CDC a week to approve the protocols but then since L.A isnt one of the cruise ports considered for startup anyways i will probably be moving everything over to my November cruise out of Orlando which is still 321 days away.  Just going with the flow for now.

• Like 1

I am not sure that the simulated cruises have not already started or even finished. The purpose of them is to test the measures taken to control an outbreak of disease, and safety measures to prevent sickness aboard. 

I read the tome from the CDC, and I am not convinced that the simulation requires the ship to leave the dock. All of the requirements can be met without retracting the gangway.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moviela said:

I am not sure that the simulated cruises have not already started or even finished. The purpose of them is to test the measures taken to control an outbreak of disease, and safety measures to prevent sickness aboard. 

I read the tome from the CDC, and I am not convinced that the simulation requires the ship to leave the dock. All of the requirements can be met without retracting the gangway.   

??????

In order to have a test cruise, there needs to be a crew on board, as well as test cruisers so that new protocols can be implemented and tested.

Even if it could possibly be done without leaving the dock, which I severely doubt, you still need a crew and volunteer cruisers on board.  There have been zero reports of crew on any of the main stream lines reporting to ships in FLA to start training with new protocols in place.

Makes zero sense...

It's just more instances of 600 in OBC having to be given out.  There is no indication as to when the test cruises will happen, then the 60 day wait period...Horizon and Breeze probable to start with short cruises and Mardi Gras possible first to start with 7 day cruises. 

All others should be cut off for bookings in the near future.  It's nice for Carnival to receive the deposits,  but then they will also need to give out the 600 in OBC.

34 minutes ago, lhenry2 said:

Are the Carnival Liberty and Carnival Sunshine cancellations for refurbishment? I am booked on Carnival Sunshine December 2nd 2021. 

I was wondering something similar. Is Sunshine planning on sailing before October 11? We are booked for October 11. This is our third Sunshine booking that has been cancelled. 

I don't know if it is just me but when trying to apply for a refund on my cancelled cruise the screen says "We are sorry, but your sailing is not valid for this offer. Please reach out to us directly for assistance at 1-800-CARNIVAL."

I was under the impression that "The long, dark winter" was scheduled to start on January 20th, but I was wrong. It has started today with cancelation of all US departures through March 31st. Some of the reason is the 2nd wave of covid19 taking hold worldwide with tragic results in the USA and many other countries. The main obstacle to resuming cruising is the CDC acting like a donkey drawn plow through clay soil to approve safe sailing protocols. Carnival also canceled the Singapore to Brisbane repositioning cruise due to the bleak outlook of the governments' immigration policies. My bucket list was down to an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper, now I need some legal paper for the printer. All I can do now is dust off my disappointment and schedule some new dates. I think I will sit by the bay, crack some crab and think about sailing next summer.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

21-AE245-B-5051-4709-932-B-CC8-C8-D61513

There goes Alaska in May on the Miracle.  I figured it was coming. It's like Groundhog Day.  Every time I book a cruise I think "surely it will be better by then".  I am actually relieved to know now.  we only have certain times of the year that we can go on a vacation.  Mid may is one of them. I saw some pretty good deals to Mexico yesterday.  Maybe I will book one. I just need to see the water.  I know I am not alone when I say, I really miss cruising. Screw you, Covid-19!!!!

• Like 2