diamond plus free bag of laundry

dakacz

25 minutes ago, dakacz said:

Does anyone know if D+ still get a free bag of laundry. I can not find this perk on the list .

Yes.

It is not on the list that is on the website which does not include the onboard benefits.

it is on the list that will be left in your stateroom detailing all your on board perks. 

credit to Twangster for the image 

3FCEC1AC-214F-4C6A-9D0C-96689F4C2707.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, 1 bag per person.  So dh and I each got one bag on our each of our 2 Radiance cruises in Australia in 2020 (almost typed earlier this year...easy to forget where we are!).  Used it whenever we wanted, didn't need to do it on a specific date.

I've never needed laundry on cruises less than 7 nights so the 5+ night rule has never been an issue for me.  Sometimes on a B2B or S2S I've used it on cruise #2 but even then the 5+ night rule has never been a huge challenge to overcome.

I don't put anything nice in the laundry bag.  Basic items only and items that if they were ruined I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  The laundry and dryer must be 1,000° because colors fade and things shrink.  Or maybe it's the Windjammer effect that causes the shrinkage but either way don't send things you care about to the free laundry service. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We only use the wash and fold perk for underware and socks even though we always over pack on those items also. 

We pack enough socks and underwear to last 4 or 5 days knowing we'll be able to get them cleaned on the ship. This also takes into account a night or two pre/post cruise/

We will usually use the laundry perk whenever it's available.  I have never had anything ruined but we did have an even exchange once....I lost a paid of short pants and Dan gained a pair.  We didn't realize it until after we got home.  This was when we were in Star Class and those clothes (from the laundry) all get put on hangars.  We didn't even look at them until we got home. Whoever got those pants of mine got a bad deal.  Dan's shorts are much nicer than the ones I lost !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We will usually use the laundry perk whenever it's available.  I have never had anything ruined but we did have an even exchange once....I lost a paid of short pants and Dan gained a pair.  We didn't realize it until after we got home.  This was when we were in Star Class and those clothes (from the laundry) all get put on hangars.  We didn't even look at them until we got home. Whoever got those pants of mine got a bad deal.  Dan's shorts are much nicer than the ones I lost !

I think the paid laundry service (and Star Class) does much better compared to the cram a bag free CAS laundry.  I've had buttons melted on hiking shorts with plastic belts and d-rings on them.  They ruined a RC t-shirt I bought on another ship.  It came back with stains on it they claim was sunscreen reacting with their laundry detergent.  I had washed it dozens of times at home without issue.  It was a comfortable shirt too, hated losing that one.

• Like 1

Totally agree that the cram-a-bag laundry isn't the greatest. In addition to washing/drying in machines that must be powered by solar plasma, our clothes came back smelling like mushrooms once. Ick.

I admit though that finding the occasional scratchy room-number tags on the inside of t-shirts during the pandemic has made me smile.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dawnelda said:

Totally agree that the cram-a-bag laundry isn't the greatest. In addition to washing/drying in machines that must be powered by solar plasma, our clothes came back smelling like mushrooms once. Ick.

I admit though that finding the occasional scratchy room-number tags on the inside of t-shirts during the pandemic has made me smile.

So that was you. 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dawnelda said:

I found one of those yesterday morning in a pair of pants !  It did bring a smile to my face.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.

It is not on the list that is on the website which does not include the onboard benefits.

it is on the list that will be left in your stateroom detailing all your on board perks. 

credit to Twangster for the image 

3FCEC1AC-214F-4C6A-9D0C-96689F4C2707.jpeg

Thanks.  We use it for non delicate items since we tend to go on longer cruises like TA and do b-b and Royal does not have a laundry machines. Luckily we have not had any bad experiences.