Sailings now cancelled through April 30

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well mine was paid in full cash deposit and fcc. I'm confused. Paid on cash deposit?

I hope TAs got paid. It's not their fault, they did the work. 

TA’s only get commission if the ship sails if it was paid for by FCC.  Since no commission is paid on taxes and non commissionable cruise fare TA’s would not receive any commission if just a deposit was paid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

TA’s only get commission if the ship sails if it was paid for by FCC.  Since no commission is paid on taxes and non commissionable cruise fare TA’s would not receive any commission if just a deposit was paid. 

I had 5 commissions paid to me from a Nov 1st cruise that didn't happen and was paid for by FCC. Instead of being paid after final payment I was paid the commissions after the cruise would have completed their sailing. 

5 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I had 5 commissions paid to me from a Nov 1st cruise that didn't happen and was paid for by FCC. Instead of being paid after final payment I was paid the commissions after the cruise would have completed their sailing. 

Don’t be surprised if they get recalled.

11. Will travel partner commission be protected?
FUTURECRUISE CREDIT:
• Weknowhowhardyouworkforyourclientsandwewanttomakesureyouarecompensatedaccordingly. For this reason, base commissions will be protected on impacted bookings confirmed on cruises Royal Caribbean cancelled as a result of the pandemic, so long as the reservation was paid- in-full prior to the sailing suspension announcement. Travel partners will also have the opportunity to earn commission on the future reservation where the correlating FCC is redeemed. Please note that FCC commission earnings are payable only on sailed reservations.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don’t be surprised if they get recalled.

11. Will travel partner commission be protected?
FUTURECRUISE CREDIT:
• Weknowhowhardyouworkforyourclientsandwewanttomakesureyouarecompensatedaccordingly. For this reason, base commissions will be protected on impacted bookings confirmed on cruises Royal Caribbean cancelled as a result of the pandemic, so long as the reservation was paid- in-full prior to the sailing suspension announcement. Travel partners will also have the opportunity to earn commission on the future reservation where the correlating FCC is redeemed. Please note that FCC commission earnings are payable only on sailed reservations.

Maybe but it has now been 2 months since I got paid.

Follow up:

Both of us got the vaccine shot yesterday for the drive through appointment I had.  Couldn't have gone more smoothly.  No lines, no waiting.  Drove in, and then was driving out after required 15 minutes observation all taking 18 minutes.  Easy Peasy.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, island lady said:

Follow up:

Both of us got the vaccine shot yesterday for the drive through appointment I had.  Couldn't have gone more smoothly.  No lines, no waiting.  Drove in, and then was driving out after required 15 minutes observation all taking 18 minutes.  Easy Peasy.  

Good to hear. We go for our 2nd shot on the 26th, hope it is easy with minimum wait. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Good to hear. We go for our 2nd shot on the 26th, hope it is easy with minimum wait. 

Great. Our news said ours was a zoo and the lines got so long they cut it off. Some do gooder judge got hold of some underserved leaders and the word spread on fb that anyone 75 and over could get the vaccine. He meant it just for minorities but it spread to others. Some with appointments didnt get in.

Today they only have 1000 doses left, saying appointments only. Will not open saturday.

Distribution of doses, getting enough is our problem. Dallas list went from about 140k to 240k in the last week. I was very very lucky.

33 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yesterday "Mad Money" Kramer was talking about getting his Covid shot at a place in Staten Island.  He felt a sense of relief. One of his first thoughts post-shot was "Now I can travel again". 

News this morning mentioned someone that had the first shot a week ago, and is now suffering with Covid infection.  

As far as I know, since I got the shot yesterday, it will be four weeks until I get the second shot, then supposedly another 2 weeks after that before it all comes together...with not total, but 94% coverage.  So, travel is still out of the question for me, IMHO...until first of March.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Great. Our news said ours was a zoo and the lines got so long they cut it off. Some do gooder judge got hold of some underserved leaders and the word spread on fb that anyone 75 and over could get the vaccine. He meant it just for minorities but it spread to others. Some with appointments didnt get in.

Today they only have 1000 doses left, saying appointments only. Will not open saturday.

Distribution of doses, getting enough is our problem. Dallas list went from about 140k to 240k in the last week. I was very very lucky.

It's nuts to have those free for all, no appointment drive or walk ups.  No organization at all.  No control.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

News this morning mentioned someone that had the first shot a week ago, and is now suffering with Covid infection.  

As far as I know, since I got the shot yesterday, it will be four weeks until I get the second shot, then supposedly another 2 weeks after that before it all comes together...with not total, but 94% coverage.  So, travel is still out of the question for me, IMHO...until first of March.  

Yes, protection starts two weeks after the second shot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Didn't you travel this past summer,?

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

According to Moderna's data presented to the FDA when they requested EUA, the immunity starts to build after 10-14 days, and by the time you get to your second dose it has built to ~80% effectivity. The second (booster) shot gets you to ~95% effectivity within the two weeks following your second dose.

BTW, Moderna released a statement on wednesday that their ongoing monitoring of their trial subjects indicated that immunity lasts at least a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, Iamcruzin said:

My father called the VA yesterday. He is 88ys old. They told him that they will call him in a few weeks. I got a text message from NYU Langone to refrain from calling your doctor for the vaccine as supplies are limited. Patients must be ringing the phones off of the wall.  My wife has been getting calls from high profile patients who donate trying to pull their weight.  My wife basically tells them that the Langone's have to wait in line like everyone else.

I took my mom to her cardiologist yesterday. While waiting in the waiting area, at least a half dozen people 

came in to ask for access/referral for vaccine. One lady really got irate. I thought they would call security on her. The boss says people are getting referred to their PCP for referrals but they have no way to refer someone so they send the patients to their specialty care physicians, who also have no way to refer. Passing the buck. There seems to be some facilities have issues with blood thinners. It’s a simple injection and other than a little bruising , I don’t see a major bleed occurring. Where we went, there was not a question regarding blood thinners. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Didn't you travel this past summer,?

We were tested as negative before our flight left on first of August.  Drove to very remote areas of northern Alaska, and were actually more isolated in the cabin out in the middle of the wilderness than at our own home.  

At that time, numbers of Covid infections ...and worse...were a fraction of what they are now.  Almost non existent in Alaska.  

No way would I travel into very populated areas (as in south Florida) the way things have escalated now.  And in fact no where...anywhere..  would travel now.  

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

According to Moderna's data presented to the FDA when they requested EUA, the immunity starts to build after 10-14 days, and by the time you get to your second dose it has built to ~80% effectivity. The second (booster) shot gets you to ~95% effectivity within the two weeks following your second dose.

BTW, Moderna released a statement on wednesday that their ongoing monitoring of their trial subjects indicated that immunity lasts at least a year.

I wondered about that as well.   Will Covid vaccines be required each year...as in the the flu vaccine?  

On 1/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, Iamcruzin said:

From what I have been reading here on cruise critic which I realize isn't the best source, It seems like it's going well even if you have to camp out overnight in some counties.

It’s not perfect by any means but if your willing to travel a bit and wait in line, vaccines are happening. Eventually, if you wait, you will probably be able to get an appointment at Publix to get one down the street. The vaccines have only been out a month.  Don’t know when that will occur and must remember, you need a second dose so that wait for first dose will be the same for the second dose. 

J&J will be a game changer, one dose and doesn’t require the super freezers to store. 

M8

On 1/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, Iamcruzin said:

My father called the VA yesterday. He is 88ys old. They told him that they will call him in a few weeks. I got a text message from NYU Langone to refrain from calling your doctor for the vaccine as supplies are limited. Patients must be ringing the phones off of the wall.  My wife has been getting calls from high profile patients who donate trying to pull their weight.  My wife basically tells them that the Langone's have to wait in line like everyone else.

I believe you can call the VA benefits hotline at 877-222-8387 to get registered for the vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

We were tested as negative before our flight left on first of August.  Drove to very remote areas of northern Alaska, and were actually more isolated in the cabin out in the middle of the wilderness than at our own home.  

At that time, numbers of Covid infections ...and worse...were a fraction of what they are now.  Almost non existent in Alaska.  

No way would I travel into very populated areas (as in south Florida) the way things have escalated now.  And in fact no where...anywhere..  would travel now.  

I forgot about Alaska-  I thought you went to Maine and the Keys😇

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I wondered about that as well.   Will Covid vaccines be required each year...as in the the flu vaccine?  

I don't think anyone knows yet. The vaccine Mfr's are following the trial participants for two years, so as time passes they will get a better handle on longevity of effectiveness. 

• Like 1