Sailings now cancelled through April 30

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I heard it again, its lost Angeles schools saying wait for kids to be vaccinated to go back in person.

Hey I'm in texas, far away, hard to keep them separate.

They really need to get teachers vaccinated now and get kids back in school. Maybe they should have also been in the first group. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:34 AM, lr657 said:

Right, and we are B2B with the following cruise on that one. Since these cruises were already moved from earlier cruises, we can't move them again. Following these May cruises our next cruise isn't until December 2021. Everything else we moved to 2022. It's very doubtful we will be booking any more cruises for the rest of 2021, and the first few months of 2022 are already packed with cruises we moved. 

Lorraine

If you are referring to the May 7th cruise that originally was May 8th    I noticed this disturbing cancelation penalty on the updated booking.   I  called last night and they could not answer why this was added and at this point they can't do anything they are moving me questions up the chain LOL have a look. 

CANCELLATION PENALTY.png

Just now, crzndeb said:

They really need to get teachers vaccinated now and get kids back in school. Maybe they should have also been in the first group. 

Everyone wants it. I'm not sure they should be before elderly. Dallas called up 1B to fair park and we went monday. My dad backed out age 102. It was just too much and my mom age 94 with copd had to wait for a golf cart. So many elderly there and it was a very very long walk. 2 bldgs used. 2nd was to watch for 15 minutes after. Lots there over age 90. They really need a drive thru but with wheelchairs and golf carts managed but still was tough.

Who is to say who is more important? Our elderly parents or children and teachers. If you put every front line worker first, the elderly continue to die as this group has a higher death rate. I'm for protecting the most vulnerable. Not kids because they have a stronger teachers union.

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You must be either a medical researcher or a physician, then.

Which is it?

March 7, 2020:  reported a dangerous news - 3 masked men entered the bank; they got neutralized by 3 brave customers who happened to be inside

March 8, 2020: reported a dangerous news - 3 "maskless" men entered the bank; they got neutralized by 3 mAsketeers who happened to be inside

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Who is to say who is more important? Our elderly parents or children and teachers. If you put every front line worker first, the elderly continue to die as this group has a higher death rate. I'm for protecting the most vulnerable. Not kids because they have a stronger teachers union.

I agree with the logic of protecting vulnerable.

Point of distinction about teachers’ union.  They have always been about the teachers (their members) and never about the children/students.  IMO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Vaccines should be at a Chick Fil A drive thru on a Sunday. 100M vaccinations in one day throughout the nation.

They have the slowest line management at any drive through in my home town.

Costco will be our best option...Now they know how to move a line !

Edited by Ashland

20 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

I called before noon this morning to request a refund on my 4/11 Freedom sailing and had no problem. I'd try again. 

Was your cruise still showing up under your cruises? Mine is and so agent said it has not officially been put into cancelled status and is only in "pending" status. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Everyone wants it. I'm not sure they should be before elderly. Dallas called up 1B to fair park and we went monday. My dad backed out age 102. It was just too much and my mom age 94 with copd had to wait for a golf cart. So many elderly there and it was a very very long walk. 2 bldgs used. 2nd was to watch for 15 minutes after. Lots there over age 90. They really need a drive thru but with wheelchairs and golf carts managed but still was tough.

Were you able to get vaccinated as well?

3 hours ago, island lady said:

So with cancellations now through end of April...that puts my May cruises as this 😮 :

guinea pig | Diet, Life Span, & Facts | Britannica

Though I seriously doubt those will go either. 

I’m not quite there yet, but if anything more gets cancelled on us I’m going to try to order one of those super Mario pool deck office setups for what would become a B8B on Harmony in 2022 unless they start releasing the rest of the 2022-2023 schedule.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I’m not quite there yet, but if anything more gets cancelled on us I’m going to try to order one of those super Mario pool deck office setups for what would become a B8B on Harmony in 2022 unless they start releasing the rest of the 2022-2023 schedule.

I am waiting on the release of booking dates for early 2023 Australia/NZ to replace what I would have been on next month.  Not going to take a chance on early 2022 Aussie season. 

Also waiting to add third leg (TA) to late Fall Allure in 2022.  That is the earliest I would dare chance booking flights/hotel for overseas.  

On 1/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, Hammergirl said:

Just got the notice from my TA and already requested my refund. I will still have a $1000 FCC that I will have to deal with. It was from an August 2020 cruise that I applied to my March 13th 2021 cruise. Now I will have it again to apply to lord knows what because it is likely it will expire before I am able to use it, or the prices of the cruises will be way to expensive when they finally start sailing again. 

I am guessing that they will keep cruise prices high until most of the FCC is gone.

3 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Lorraine

If you are referring to the May 7th cruise that originally was May 8th    I noticed this disturbing cancelation penalty on the updated booking.   I  called last night and they could not answer why this was added and at this point they can't do anything they are moving me questions up the chain LOL have a look. 

CANCELLATION PENALTY.png

George,

I moved that cruise to the Ovation 2022 TP a while back. Glad I did if that is what it currently says on the invoice. We have a B2B on Allure this May that I moved deposits from another cruise to book. Doubt a B2B will be allowed and don't think we can move the deposits a second time. We will just pay the final and wait for them to be cancelled by Royal so we can get a refund. 

The sentence on the bottom of the invoice really is disturbing. It also looks like it states the date of the booking is January 12, 2021, shouldn't it be your original booking date?

3 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I just made final on the Singapore cruise on Friday LOL

I was holding out until the last possible day to make final payment on our April 18th cruise. For once it actually worked to our benefit! 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lr657 said:

I was holding out until the last possible day to make final payment on our April 18th cruise. For once it actually worked to our benefit! 🙂

I paid my final which means I get my commission .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You completely missed my point, the purpose of vaccinating children or adults for that matter has nothing to do with risk of death, it has to do with keeping massive amounts of people from being admitted to the hospital.

For the record my echo chamber is the ICU at a very large medical center in Dallas. There are hospitals at the breaking point (I know the conspiracy theorists believe that this is a made up fact but I invite you to come and spend a day at work with me) 

vaccinating people can keep them from getting so ill to the point that they need to be hospitalized. 

I 100 Percent agree with vaccination on all fronts and we are not just talking Covid.  I got out of general pediatrics and moved into a specialty due to the exhausting debates over the MMR vaccines I was having with parents that “did their research.”

I do not think I was ever responding to you and did not miss your point.  In all honesty I do not think I read whatever post you posted so I apologize if I it sounded like I was stating that Covid is not an issue or causing hospitalizations.  I do not think any of my posts have ever said that.  

The main reason to vaccinate children is to prevent spread of disease leading to hospitalizations in the higher risk and older population.  

I was simply pointing out that deaths for kids (and hospitalizations for that matter) from Covid are not an issue.  

We need to vaccinate everyone for sure.

And in my other post, our rural regional hospital is bursting at the seams from Covid.  We had 93 Covid admissions today and have shut down our pediatric ward to make room for Covid patients.  I am well aware that the hospitals are bursting.  I deal with it daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Lorraine

CANCELLATION PENALTY.png

I cancelled this 7/8 May Ovation TP back in November of last year under CWC.  It was a non-refundable deposit, so I received $900 in future cruise credit.  I'll use it on a TP I booked in Apr 2022.  🍷

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Not surprisingly, lack of response from the CDC is why test cruises haven't happened yet, and then connect the dots as to why cruise lines canceled 2 more months.

The link to the particular blog website is blocked here but I'm sure you all can find it.

What response are you expecting?  Still don’t believe the Cruise Lines have responded to the CDC regarding how the cruise lines would deal with an outbreak onboard, that is acceptable. 

M8

• Like 1