Sailings now cancelled through April 30

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Well I hope we get some like that from stores one on one eventually. Biden says his plan is 10 large distribution centres nationwide.  Gotta be some like my dad who cant manage a large distribution center. Maybe in 3 months if they finish  nursing homes. 

I just heard Charles Barkley say athletes should get priority because they pay more taxes. Lol worked for politicians though they tried to say it was because they were setting a good example. Rich and powerful front of the vaccine line.

Someone described giving out the vaccine like the hunger games. I thought that was a good simile.

Sad story on the front page of today's paper.  A 92 year old woman who can't get a vaccine appointment and is stalking Publix every evening hoping that there is a no show. No luck yet.  Maybe after being the front page story she will be able to get one.  I'm sure hers is not the only story like that.   

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sad story on the front page of today's paper.  A 92 year old woman who can't get a vaccine appointment and is stalking Publix every evening hoping that there is a no show. No luck yet.  Maybe after being the front page story she will be able to get one.  I'm sure hers is not the only story like that.   

What will be sadder is she gets Covid while hoping to get vaccinated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well I hope we get some like that from stores one on one eventually. Biden says his plan is 10 large distribution centres nationwide.  Gotta be some like my dad who cant manage a large distribution center. Maybe in 3 months if they finish  nursing homes. 

I just heard Charles Barkley say athletes should get priority because they pay more taxes. Lol worked for politicians though they tried to say it was because they were setting a good example. Rich and powerful front of the vaccine line.

Someone described giving out the vaccine like the hunger games. I thought that was a good simile.

If it was based on taxes NY State would have all of the vaccines just based on property tax. My Daughter in Law who is a NYC teacher got the we will contact you for an appointment text message. NYC will run out of vaccine next week.

44 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If it was based on taxes NY State would have all of the vaccines just based on property tax. My Daughter in Law who is a NYC teacher got the we will contact you for an appointment text message. NYC will run out of vaccine next week.

And yet the NY Times reported this morning that NY still has more than 1 million doses in its possession that it hasn't administered yet.

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Dallas is still sorting and going to run a ad. Judge jenkins says the underserved zip codes still arent there and still underserved. The zip codes with the highest level of covid. Makes me think they are picking and choosing who to send the link to get vaccinated. Still think it was possible I got the link because of the age of my parents. They took first responders and anyone over 75 again today but this time for sure going back to appointments only. But they took those over 75 who just showed up and didnt turn them away. Bigger demand than supply of doses.

We dont need more distribution centers unless they ship more doses. ..though I dont much like where the distribution center is, I'd drive anywhere to get it.

Florida residents who can just go to a publix are lucky, my dad could have handled that but not this.

Publix is getting extremely limited supplies, and only a few Publix in the state are offering them.  Was bad enough to get an appointment just for the flu shot this year, and a nightmare trying to get second Shingles vaccine at my local, or any other Publix near us.  😞 

Edited by island lady

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And yet the NY Times reported this morning that NY still has more than 1 million doses in its possession that it hasn't administered yet.

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

Us in Florida

Dist  2,069,175

Admin  853.081

41%

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, orville99 said:

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Us in Florida

Dist  2,069,175

Admin  853.081

41%

Maybe the other 60% is for people that have reservations but did not receive the jab. 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

That is what I alluded in my post #295.  This governor blamed the CDC for the nursing homes fiasco and now blames the Feds.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe the other 60% is for people that have reservations but did not receive the jab. 

We have to reserve 25% right now, for nursing homes, though that is ending next week and a certain amount for first responders.  I'm sure every state has some rules.

And our governor told them to quit reserving for 2nd shot, just start giving out what we have, butnif they are reserving for the 2nd shot, that would explain a lot being held. I think a lot are nervous the federal government wouldn't send enough to cover those end jabs. 

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I do know that there are ~250,000 doses that will be going into arms as the second dose this Monday (1/18), and another ~250,000 doses that will be going in to arms as second doses next Monday (we get ours on Tuesday 1/26). Also, by the time this week-end is over, we will be above 1,000,000 doses administered.

As for reservations, local news channels are saying that first shots in Central Florida counties are booked through 1/15, and that the mass administration site in Miami that did its soft opening this week will be going full bore next week. Orlando has one mass distribution site up and running, and Disney World is looking at opening a similar mass distribution site on their property.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And our governor told them to quit reserving for 2nd shot, just start giving out what we have, butnif they are reserving for the 2nd shot, that would explain a lot being held. I think a lot are nervous the federal government wouldn't send enough to cover those end jabs. 

A very valid concern. I heard the same thing. "Don't hold back  doses for the 2nd jab, there will be plenty more where that came from".

NY is  supposed to receive 250,000 more doses this week, down from 300,000 last week.  That means the next 3 weeks of doses will cover those that already got the first shot and zero to give to people getting their first shot. So I can see why states may want to hold back some in order to smooth out the delivery bumps.

I'm sure plenty of other states are in the same situation.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Us in Florida

Dist  2,069,175

Admin  853.081

41%

When they post these stats isn't another 40% of those distributed for people's second shot leaving around 20% not given?

• Like 2

New York

Distributed - 1,884,325

Administered - 757,466

40%

Those numbers seem to imply that the second dose is being held for those who received the first dose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Distribution centres are not vaccination centres.

distribution centres are hubs for distributing the vaccines to the states who then set up their own vaccination centres. 

Yea I was thinking that's what they would be. Maybe they need them to ship more. Idk.

The slow shipping makes me wonder about the supply.

But I get it the 10 centers arent to give vaccines for 50 states. I just know dallas is always saying we get less than we asked for, but no real answers why. Some clarity would be helpful. We have 2 more vaccine centres picked out but no supply to use for them.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Those numbers seem to imply that the second dose is being held for those who received the first dose.

Dallas has also been required to set aside 25% for Walgreens and CVS to use to drive around to nursing homes the next 12 weeks. But that set aside ending. 

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

When they post these stats isn't another 40% of those distributed for people's second shot leaving around 20% not given?

That would be true, but the CDC only tracks shots in arms and shots in freezers, so the numbers are a bit deceiving.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

DW told me that NYU has a supply to last another week for new patients. The rest are being held for those like herself who haven't received the second shot. If they start administering the reserved dose it will be a bigger cluster flock than it is now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

So the people that they report as being late for their second dose are just no-shows?  It's not that the vaccines are not available for them to get one?

There was an Emergency Management person on the local news this morning that postulated there were four possible reasons:

1) People skipping their second doses

2) Second doses that were booked but not administered yet because of a shortage of vaccines

3) Second doses that (for whatever reason) are being given outside (after) of the 4-day second dose window, and/or

4) Lags in the various county health departments, private partners, etc. from uploading their data.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That would be true, but the CDC only tracks shots in arms and shots in freezers, so the numbers are a bit deceiving.

I stumbled across a website a few days ago that broke down the numbers and percent by those receiving  their 1st dose vs those getting the 2nd dose.

Of course, now that I can't find it & I cleared my browse history.  😡

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

DW told me that NYU has a supply to last another week for new patients. The rest are being held for those like herself who haven't received the second shot. If they start administering the reserved dose it will be a bigger cluster flock than it is now.

Agreed.  It certainly walking a tightrope trying to ensure there is enough 2nd doses while trying to administer the 1st.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Distribution centres are not vaccination centres.

distribution centres are hubs for distributing the vaccines to the states who then set up their own vaccination centres. 

I just heard on the news what I suspected. There are no stockpiles of doses. Zero, none. They are now shipping it as soon as its manufactured. 

They asked what about those people with 2nd doses scheduled. The guy said they may be late, but the important thing is to get first doses into as many as they can.

All the short shipments had me suspecting as much. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I just heard on the news what I suspected. There are no stockpiles of doses. Zero, none. They are now shipping it as soon as its manufactured. 

They asked what about those people with 2nd doses scheduled. The guy said they may be late, but the important thing is to get first doses into as many as they can.

All the short shipments had me suspecting as much. 

That ended up being a false, or at least misleading, report.  Pfizer said in response that they have all the reserved 2nd doses.

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That ended up being a false, or at least misleading, report.  Pfizer said in response that they have all the reserved 2nd doses.

Hmmm....sounds about as conflicting as all the opinions (including the so-called experts) on 1) when will we cruise again, 2) can you spread the virus after you've been vaccinated, 3) how long is the vaccination good for 4) How..., 5) When... 6) Where.... 7) etc....Lord help us all.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Hmmm....sounds about as conflicting as all the opinions (including the so-called experts) on 1) when will we cruise again, 2) can you spread the virus after you've been vaccinated, 3) how long is the vaccination good for 4) How..., 5) When... 6) Where.... 7) etc....Lord help us all.

Here are the answers you are looking for.  

image.jpeg.f26a0014b13359664c5d23d67b026f61.jpeg

• Like 1