The Daily for Sunday Jan 24, 2021

richwmn

today is Beer Can Appreciation Day, Compliment Day, and Global Belly Laugh Day

Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
    Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.

Meal suggestion for today - Feta Tomato-Basil Fish

Drink of the Day - Pina Colada

Wine of the day - Greystone Cellars Merlot - California - Red

at Sea Pacific off San Diego
Koningsdam headed for Long Beach 1/24
Noordam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam

Port Everglades Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

San Diego Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam

Torquay
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0124Atlantic.png

0124Pacific.png

0124Torbay.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Daily Report.

My, aren't you up early today? 

Great collection of days.  I'm sure there are lots of beer cans to appreciate.  Some logos are quite interesting, but I'm not much of a beer drinker.  And everyone needs a good laugh.

You are doing a great job.  Thank you.  Keep up the good work.

Hoare's Law is an interesting approach to problem solving.

Thanks for the meal suggestion.

I'll pass on the drink of the day, not a fan.  And of course, when I hear "Pina Colada"  that song goes through my head.

I'll take the wine instead.🙂

Praying for our world.

Hope you have a great day.

Stay safe.

• Like 18

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the beer cans, Compliments especially to you, and I'm sure some belly laughs will emerge in today's daily.  I like Hoare's Law but will pass on the fish.   My alternative is Grilled Turkey Breast with Honey-Onion Compote, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam January 24, 2019.

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/dishes24.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

RIP, Vmax1700's British cousin

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

Our Nation

RIP Larry King

Vict0riann awaiting biopsy results

Time for a comprehensive vaccination plan

Mamaofami’s friend in hospice

My brother weak and facing surgery

HAL (and other crews)

Kazu’s BIL’s mom

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

A Covid vax plan for British Columbia

Jab appointments for USN59-79 and cunnorl

Rain for Colorado

Happy birthday,  Cruising-along

A sailaway from Port Everglades (Seabourn Odyssey 0800-1700)

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I really appreciate the gift you have given us by creating the Daily! I confess, my favorite map is your world map. The ships always look so close together, I can almost picture the crews yelling to each other. BTW,  I sure hope there is a beer bottle appreciation day, since I do not have any cans in the fridge. Always love a good laugh.

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy. Hope your brother recovers quickly. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Great quote. Interesting meal suggestion. And love a good pina colada - in the right place.

Birthday dinner was a smash. The Champagne Margaritas were delicious. I probably would not salt the rim of my personal glass, since I do not usually use a lot of salt. But other than that, they were a perfect celebration drink.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This California Merlot has very good ratings from consumers and a very decent price tag - I found many online distributors with prices starting at $8.99!
Winemaker Notes

Ruby red. Fully loaded with smoky barrel toast and interesting blackberry briar aromas. Lush flavors of ripe plums and black cherry provide a juicy mouthful which has a nice tannin structure from beginning to end.
  • Like 22

Good Sunday morning.  We've stopped using beer in cans, prefer bottles.  My compliments to Rich, Roy, and all the dailyites who make this a comfortable place to come everyday.  And we all know laughter is the best medicine in these stressful times.  Will pass on the meal, but Roy's sounds delicious.

Major prayers to our care list.  Stay strong everyone.  A toast to our celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Pina Colada:

Ingredients: 1 oz (one part) Coconut cream, 1 oz (one part) White rum, 3 oz (3 parts) Pineapple juice
Preparation: Mix with crushed ice until smooth. Pour into chilled glass, garnish and serve.
Served: Blended with ice (frozen style)
Standard garnish: Maraschino cherry, Pineapple slice

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 8.28.33 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 22

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A great combination of days to enjoy, but I'll pass on the beer cans, hope for a compliment from DH on something I've cooked, and look forward to a belly laugh watching a video of our grandsons.

Let me begin with this: -35C (-31F), and a wind chill of -43 (-45F) is how we start our day this morning on the "frozen tundra".  It appears the much delayed onslaught of winter has finally caught up with us.  We've been enjoying temperatures about 20 degrees warmer thus far, but oh, yikes, now we're in it for the long haul.  Time to bring out the down-filled ties and thermal pantyhose!  LOL

We don't have any fish on hand, nor do we have turkey, so it looks like we'll have leftovers from last night's sweet & sour crockpot chicken dinner tonight.  And wine.  Because it's so darn cold, I think I'll whip up a small brownie to end our meal.  Like @puppycanducruisewhenever I hear Pina Colada, I think of the silly song and that's going to be on my mind most of the day, I'm sure! 

Speaking of silly, I'm sure many of you have seen all the Bernie Sanders memes going around.  Well, DH and I decided to recreate one for our friends which we captioned it "Bernie's long lost brother Honey Bunny Sanders, contemplating shoveling the snow."  We've gotten lots of laughs over it; while it may not give you a belly laugh, hopefully it will at least elicit a small chuckle.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Special prayer added for @rafinmd's brother for healing and good health to come.  Raising our wine glasses tonight to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, stay warm, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Honey Bunny Sanders.jpg

• Like 26
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Let me begin with this: -35C (-31F), and a wind chill of -43 (-45F) is how we start our day this morning on the "frozen tundra".  It appears the much delayed onslaught of winter has finally caught up with us.  We've been enjoying temperatures about 20 degrees warmer thus far, but oh, yikes, now we're in it for the long haul.  Time to bring out the down-filled ties and thermal pantyhose!  LOL

Wow, when I grew up in Syracuse I saw -20F a number of times but that is COLD!!!!!!

Roy

• Like 7

Thanks for he Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂

Beer cans are rare in this house except for one Dutch brand.  Compliment Day I’ll celebrate by thanking everyone who contributes on this thread to make it a nice place to come every day ❤️ 

We all need a good belly laugh every day.  These are 2 favourite memes for Bernie Sanders:

061D8D03-8DAA-4E8B-AA8A-A69315B674CF.jpeg.11be4101a43f1398db1c0fa13b860c65.jpeg

2nd one & Kudos to him - he turned his meme into a good thing & sold  t-shirts with it and donated the money to Meals on Wheels in Vermont

CE88CA41-EF5F-48E3-A8ED-B5FA947BF78D.thumb.png.afa7c9b7a4c22c2c56a803718565f2aa.png

Love the quote, so true and the meal suggestion for today.

@rafinmdour prayers for your brother and his surgery 🙏🏻 

@ger_77i guess I can’t complain about our -20 C weather here.  Yours is worse 😢 

I hate covid. 😡  I just got the news that Jose’s sister is in intensive care with it, now.  😢 This virus is a cruel thing to so many 😔 

For those of you who don’t have access to their hairdressers:

6F286A43-262E-4368-A66A-A98E1C7FD625.thumb.jpeg.281c615b13fe0623dbca8760cd7e7c20.jpeg

Prayer for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a toast to all of those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Sunday everyone!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Let me begin with this: -35C

Doesn't this put into perspective the problem with transporting and storing the Pfizer Covid vaccine, which needs to be at -70C ?

Good morning everyone from a cold damp Ireland.  We had another 'dusting' of snow last night but it had all but disappeared by 10 am.

@rafinmdPositive thoughts from this side of the Atlantic pond.

We are heading into another 6 weeks of lockdown.  Infection figures are dropping as do the positive test results, but not quickly enough.  Hospitalized numbers are dropping, but the numbers in ICU continue to increase.   Vaccine distribution appears to be a world wide problem.

take care everyone, and keep wearing those masks!

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

I hate covid. 😡  I just got the news that Jose’s sister is in intensive care with it, now.  😢 This virus is a cruel thing to so many 😔 

Really sorry to hear that news, Jacqui. 🙏

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am so sorry, Jacqui.  Yes, covid is a horrible, cruel disease.  Prayers and warm thoughts to you and Jose.  

• Like 8

I love the celebration days!   Let's make a practice of giving at least one person we don't know a compliment each day.  It can brighten someone's world when they most need it.  

I'll take Roy's helping of fish and mine as well.  It sounds great.  I have everything but the feta, so may try it for dinner.

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am so sorry, Jacqui.  Yes, covid is a horrible, cruel disease.  Prayers and warm thoughts to you and Jose.  

38 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Really sorry to hear that news, Jacqui. 🙏

40 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuI'm sorry to hear Jose's sister now has been diagnosed with Covid.  Please know she will also be in my prayers.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks kindly, everyone. ❤️ 

I probably shouldn’t have said anything but it’s all a bit overwhelming.

it seems every time we get a piece of good news, bad news follows very quickly these days.  

• Like 16

49 minutes ago, kazu said:

6F286A43-262E-4368-A66A-A98E1C7FD625.thumb.jpeg.281c615b13fe0623dbca8760cd7e7c20.jpeg

This has made my day...  I love it..

It is good to get back to the Daily.  We have had two massive vaccination clinics the last two days and I was simply too tired to check in.  We were concentrating on all those over 65 and I could not believe the lines.  Everyone was patient with us and didn't complain.  Our hospital was very organized and it flowed smoothly.  We did the usual 15 minute observation after the vaccine and, fortunately, had no adverse reactions.  Almost everybody for these sessions were "first-timers" and all have appointments for the second injection.  It was very gratifying to be thanked by these folks.  We start again at 0700 in the morning...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

@ger_77, Gerry, how does one get anything done in those kind of temps? Your home’s infrastructure must be phenomenal to withstand those temps!  You & DH deserve a BIG brownie!  BTW, love the meme!

@kazu - Jacqui, I beg to differ. The Daily is exactly where you should share the news about Jose’s Sister having COVID.  Prayers for her & the entire family.

BTW - Love the Beauty Shop meme.

@dfish, I thought the meal sounded great, too. Please share your results.  

• Like 13
  • Haha 1