Lift and shift will still apply to cancelled cruises

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doubtful.

Quantum was limited to one week before and one week after and only to Quantum

Thanks. Makes it interesting if you have a cruise booked on Allure for 2021, and it is replaced by harmony in 2022. 

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. Makes it interesting if you have a cruise booked on Allure for 2021, and it is replaced by harmony in 2022. 

Not really. Same port different ship shouldn’t matter as one ship just replaced another. There’s only one ship doing the 7 day sailings.

in Quantum’s case there was both Quantum and Ovation sailing from Seattle and they limited shifts to Quantum only.  I expect for Alaska when the rest of that gets cancelled it will be same ship to same ship.  When or

ther itineraries get cancelled if a ship has been replaced by a different ship then i5 will be to the replacement ship. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not really. Same port different ship shouldn’t matter as one ship just replaced another. There’s only one ship doing the 7 day sailings.

in Quantum’s case there was both Quantum and Ovation sailing from Seattle and they limited shifts to Quantum only.  I expect for Alaska when the rest of that gets cancelled it will be same ship to same ship.  When or

ther itineraries get cancelled if a ship has been replaced by a different ship then i5 will be to the replacement ship. 

Thanks. A quick follow up to one of you earlier posts on stacking FCCs: If you cancelled a 2020 cruise with CWC and applied the FCC to a late 2021 or early 2022 cruise, and then RCL cancels another one of your 2021 cruises, can you apply (stack) that FCC on top of the one you already applied to another cruise? i.e. we cancelled an April 2020 cruise under CWC back in March, and applied the FCC to a November 2021 cruise. Now with our May cruise in jeopardy, it would be nice to know what options are available. I'll probably end up taking the refund if that happens, but I suspect that the NRD deposit amount will kick out as an FCC.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. A quick follow up to one of you earlier posts on stacking FCCs: If you cancelled a 2020 cruise with CWC and applied the FCC to a late 2021 or early 2022 cruise, and then RCL cancels another one of your 2021 cruises, can you apply (stack) that FCC on top of the one you already applied to another cruise? i.e. we cancelled an April 2020 cruise under CWC back in March, and applied the FCC to a November 2021 cruise. Now with our May cruise in jeopardy, it would be nice to know what options are available. I'll probably end up taking the refund if that happens, but I suspect that the NRD deposit amount will kick out as an FCC.

Yes, you can add another FCC to the cruise that already had a FCC on it. 

of Royal cancels the May cruise you would get the entire amount including the deposit as a refund if you opt for the refund. 

• Thanks 1

Makes perfect sense to allow L&S only for cancelled cruises as opposed to being wide open. So many (myself included) were booking bargains and then Shifting them to premium itineraries.  
I picked up a bargain JS for $600 and shifted it to an Oasis Class ship that was/is $2300. Good for me, bad for them. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Makes perfect sense to allow L&S only for cancelled cruises as opposed to being wide open. So many (myself included) were booking bargains and then Shifting them to premium itineraries.  
I picked up a bargain JS for $600 and shifted it to an Oasis Class ship that was/is $2300. Good for me, bad for them. 

Same here.  Booked a couple of very well priced OS on Empress and Jewel and shifted them to OS on the Harmony

• Like 2

As it stands now, we are booked on the Odyssey's inaugural voyage, 12 days out of Rome on May 9.  When we booked, the ship would have been in service over 5 months.  I give this sailing less than 2% chance of going.

What's sad is that this outstanding itinerary is not repeated next year. Lift and shift not an option.  Another big disappointment.

question: can you lift and shift before final payment?  We have a June alaska cruise and I'm pretty sure it will be cancelled.  Can I switch it now to June 2022? I am nervous if we wait till its cancelled we wont be able to get a good room, plus we are traveling with others.  I looked at the early june 2022 cruises and they are pretty full already

50 minutes ago, siren said:

question: can you lift and shift before final payment?  We have a June alaska cruise and I'm pretty sure it will be cancelled.  Can I switch it now to June 2022? I am nervous if we wait till its cancelled we wont be able to get a good room, plus we are traveling with others.  I looked at the early june 2022 cruises and they are pretty full already

The old lift and shift program ends Jan 31, 2021 and your Alaska cruise did not qualify under that program because the cruise that you shift to had to sail by April 30, 2022.

In order to qualify for a lift and shift now you must wait for Royal to cancel the cruise.  That may or may not be before final payment. 

You can change to 2022 now however you will pay the current 2022 prices. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

49 minutes ago, siren said:

Most likely not as you are only permitted to shift forward through the end of  April and a June sailing would probably not qualify.

6 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Please provide the Lift and Shift URL  I want to see what my options are for my June 24, 2021 cruise on Freedom of the Seas.

Unless it's been moved, go to royal Caribbean. Com. Scroll down to cancel with confidence and click on cancel. 3 options came up, click on lift and shift, the form comes up to try. Just back out if you arent ready.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Please provide the Lift and Shift URL  I want to see what my options are for my June 24, 2021 cruise on Freedom of the Seas.

Found it:

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.235439234.2021831461.1610073773-1005445726.1603969996

No L&S options available.

Lift and Shift isn’t available for 2022 cruises that sail after April 30 - unless RCI cancels them first.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Found it:

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.235439234.2021831461.1610073773-1005445726.1603969996

No L&S options available.

Lift and shift never applied to these sailings and won’t apply unless Roysl cancels the cruise at which t8me you will be given your options in tje compensation letter. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Unless it's been moved, go to royal Caribbean. Com. Scroll down to cancel with confidence and click on cancel. 3 options came up, click on lift and shift, the form comes up to try. Just back out if you arent ready.

Lift and shift was never an option for those dates. 

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Same parameters  same ship and within a week one way or the other?  Won't help my May Allure cruise as it's 6 nights not 7  

I was booked on Allure 6 night leaving May 2, 2021 and I called and was able to L&S to Odyssey in April 2022.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lift and shift was never an option for those dates. 

That's true. I was just saying where he could find lift and shift, not paying attention to his dates. He asked where he could find lift and shift. Should have looked at his dates. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, I'm aware its ending. Doesnt hurt to remind people.

Sorry, that was just a general comment and not directed at you posting the link.  I’ve seen some think that it will continue to work and they are trying to see what there options are for when Royal cancels sailing for May 2021 and beyond. 

7 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

@Ourusualbeach What are the options if you have a non refundable booking for a 8N cruise in August 2021 that RCI cancels, but you already have a 8N cruise in August 2022 that you want to keep. So a L&S with a limited window would not work for August 2022. 
Appreciate your feedback and thanks.

If Royal cancels you would have the option of a full refund or 125% FCC as well as the limited option lift and shift.