I wonder when?

kasowell2

3 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

I wonder when will that cancel the May and June sailings. I’m guessing right after I pay the final payment on my June Alaskan sailing fro Vancouver 

Hopefully the vaccines will be flowing throughout Canada by the end of March as they hopefully will be in the US, and we'll be able to go on our Alaska B2B on the Millennium in early May. I know that's really optimistic thinking, but what the heck, we're hoping for the best! Worst case is they cancel the May cruises and we get a 125% in FCCs of which we will load up on one of our other X cruises booked later on.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Glad your Magic 8 Ball finally got past 2020.  

I asked, will I be able to go on my Aug 2021 cruise, Magic 8 responded, was why are you asking questions you already know the answer too!

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hopefully the vaccines will be flowing throughout Canada by the end of March as they hopefully will be in the US, and we'll be able to go on our Alaska B2B on the Millennium in early May

Just out of curiosity, how much did those rose coloured glasses set you back?  Canada's vaccination roll out is an embarrassment, if not a disaster so far, with deliveries either non existent at present or far below the contracted amounts. Expecting the percentage of vaccinated citizens to be sufficiently high by May to justify opening the borders is pure fantasy.

But I do hope you will be able to use your FCCs  for a similar cruise next year.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mom says said:

Just out of curiosity, how much did those rose coloured glasses set you back?  Canada's vaccination roll out is an embarrassment, if not a disaster so far, with deliveries either non existent at present or far below the contracted amounts. Expecting the percentage of vaccinated citizens to be sufficiently high by May to justify opening the borders is pure fantasy.

I totally agree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mom says said:

But I do hope you will be able to use your FCCs  for a similar cruise next year.

Me too. I'm just hoping for the best, but in all reality, they will probably get cancelled. So far we've had 12 cruises cancelled since this started. Do you folks in Canada have organizations that track COVID infections as well as current vaccination rates like the US ones I monitor below, or do you just get your information from the various Canadian news outlets? Those would be very interesting to monitor if they were available.

Have we flattened the curve in the US? - Johns Hopkins (jhu.edu)

More Than 94.4 Million Shots Given: Covid-19 Vaccine Tracker (bloomberg.com)

Yep. I have a simple 7 day Alaska cruise roundtrip out of Seattle June 18,202 on Celebrity Solstice. . Includes a Canadian stop of course. Betting it'll cancel sometime soon after our final payment is due in March. 

Do you folks in Canada have organizations that track COVID infections as well as current vaccination rates like the US ones I monitor below, or do you just get your information from the various Canadian news outlets?

Ken the cruiser, In response to your question, although the 

Canadian government provide general trends for the country; provincial and territorial governments provide better detailed information.

The Quebec Provincial government publishes everyday at 11h AM EST. data on new cases, deaths, hospitalisations, people in ICU, number of tests analyzed, and vaccinations.

In the government’s website, you can also see the number if cases by regions, groups of age more impacted, areas of life more impacted, schools with actives cases etc.

The website is well designed, bilingual ( French and English) and user friendly.

18 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Do you folks in Canada have organizations that track COVID infections as well as current vaccination rates like the US ones I monitor below, or do you just get your information from the various Canadian news outlets?

Ken the cruiser, In response to your question, although the 

Canadian government provide general trends for the country; provincial and territorial governments provide better detailed information.

The Quebec Provincial government publishes everyday at 11h AM EST. data on new cases, deaths, hospitalisations, people in ICU, number of tests analyzed, and vaccinations.

In the government’s website, you can also see the number if cases by regions, groups of age more impacted, areas of life more impacted, schools with actives cases etc.

The website is well designed, bilingual ( French and English) and user friendly.

Do you have a link to that web page?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

7 hours ago, mom says said:

I also totally agree.  

My Magic 8-Ball says that Canada will catch up and surpass the US in getting Canadians vaccinated as a percent of the population.  They have shown complete commitment and leadership from day 1 on defeating the pandemic.  Once the doses are available they will do the same with the vaccine effort.  And their population is 10x lower than the US population.  Anybody want to bet on this?

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Do you have a link to that web page?

This is the requested link. I hope I copied it correctly. Let me know if it doesn’t work, I’ll try again.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/situation-coronavirus-in-quebec/

1 hour ago, cachouonacruise said:

This is the requested link. I hope I copied it correctly. Let me know if it doesn’t work, I’ll try again.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/situation-coronavirus-in-quebec/

Thanks. Here's the one I found when I used @mom says suggestion to Google Canada COVID tracker which seems to include all of Canada rather than just Quebec.

COVID-19 Tracker Canada