Compulsory offshore excursions due to Covid with P&O

angeliquer

Who me?  Ha ha.  Yes Prawle Point is where I volunteer.  We have to single man the place at the moment because of Covid, but it's a stunning view and I'm looking forward to seeing boats out and about again.  I've got my badge for 10 years up there and on the Committee.  It's good fun with a lovely bunch of other volunteers.

View looking to the East.

prawle.jpg

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 14

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Who me?  Ha ha.  Yes Prawle Point is where I volunteer.  We have to single man the place at the moment because of Covid, but it's a stunning view and I'm looking forward to seeing boats out and about again.  I've got my badge for 10 years up there and on the Committee.  It's good fun with a lovely bunch of other volunteers.

prawle.jpg

What a fantastic picture Jean. 

Lovely place to work. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Yes it is.  I am very lucky.  When we moved down to Devon, the job just jumped out of the local newspaper.  Having sailed our boat for 20 years, it seemed the likely job and I got it.  I hadn't had an interview in 20 years either!!  I work with a lovely team, the oldest of which is about 40!!  They do offer to buy me a zimmer occasionally,, but I give them short shrift!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

prawle.jpg

That is a fantastic view.

Super photo.

• Like 1

omg - nightmare memories of a biology field trip based at a centre at Slapton Sands and incorporating visits to Prawle Point.  I remember cold, hungry and a tutor who couldn’t project her voice in class, so shrieked at us for a week!  I’m sure there were lovely parts too but, sadly, the years (decades 🙄j have dulled those memories, leaving me with cold, hungry, shrieks ...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Here ya go Graham.  One taken from the other side of the Estuary.  It doesn't get much better than this.

sunny.jpg

Thank you Jean.

That is a fabulous view and a nice looking beach.

Edited by grapau27

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It will take more than a rude, ill-mannered post to upset Jean. She's one tough lady that doesn't suffer fools gladly and will treat his post as it deserves, Ignored

Avril

I see the vaccine seems to have aroused your wartime spirit Avril, must have been a vintage dose.:classic_rolleyes:😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Here ya go Graham.  One taken from the other side of the Estuary.  It doesn't get much better than this.

sunny.jpg

what a beautiful place to live and work Jean , certainly no need for you to go cruising soon with those views 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

sunny.jpg

Jean, your photos are glorious. Thanks for sharing them with us. This one in particular would make a brilliant computer screen-saver. As Andy has already noted, I also would never tire of that view. J.x

• Like 2

The South Devon coast is beautiful - and the more tranquil a spot you can find, the better

My parents had a lot of wonderful memories from there.  That’s why we decided it would be a great place for their ashes, together.  The picture is from the day

Not a bad spot to spend eternity, eh?

67B91608-77FB-473C-AB06-C71FF66CA8A1.jpeg

• Like 8

I am hoping to visit your area this summer Jean, if you will allow well behaved grockles who are Devonian descendants to visit. We have decided that no matter how the covid vaccine rollout is going and whether or not cruises start up we will stay in the UK thus year.  My dad's family come from Kingsbridge and I want to look some of them up in parish records so that I can move forward with my family tree.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Josy, if you are in Salcombe between Friday & Monday, drop into the Harbour Office and you will find me there!

I was going to say how lucky you are to be surrounded by such beautiful scenery but then I realised that you are not lucky, you simply deserve it! 
I adore seeing people enjoy life, here’s to a good summer! Cheers 🍻 

• Like 3