Compulsory offshore excursions due to Covid with P&O

angeliquer

3 hours ago, joeecco said:

I was going to say how lucky you are to be surrounded by such beautiful scenery but then I realised that you are not lucky, you simply deserve it! 
I adore seeing people enjoy life, here’s to a good summer! Cheers 🍻 

+1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, batholiver said:

Does anyone have any more information on the original topic please?  The likely restrictions when cruising restarts - can't wait to get back, but for us it's going to be critical on what basis.

The only information that any of us have, is as per the P&O web page. Everything else is basically speculation,  although Moley's thoughts are usually pretty accurate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

The only information that any of us have, is as per the P&O web page. Everything else is basically speculation,  although Moley's thoughts are usually pretty accurate. 

And even he has gone very quiet now. The quiet before the storm maybe haha. 

1 minute ago, hollyjess said:

Happy Valentine's day all. My guess is that an announcement will be made on Tuesday regarding restarting date. Anyone else agree?

I think an announcement on Tuesday is likely, but it will be more cancellations rather than a restart date. There’s no way that they can give a restart date yet. Cancellations come in blocks of a few months at a time and sadly that doesn’t mean that the end of the cancellation period becomes the restart date. They can say that they ‘hope’ to be able to recommence cruising on x date but, as we know, the goalposts are moving continually. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

Happy Valentine's day all. My guess is that an announcement will be made on Tuesday regarding restarting date. Anyone else agree?

If anything, it’ll be more cancellations.

I don’t think that any meaningful cruising can happen until the pandemic is under control.

Not to mention that going on holiday is currently illegal! 

• Like 1

And of course, the big unknown will be the attitude of other nations with regard to cruising. Even if the UK government gives the green light to cruising, that is meaningless if European countries ban cruise liners from their ports.  Scenic Norwegian cruises, and round Britain cruises could proceed, but not much else.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

And of course, the big unknown will be the attitude of other nations with regard to cruising. Even if the UK government gives the green light to cruising, that is meaningless if European countries ban cruise liners from their ports.  Scenic Norwegian cruises, and round Britain cruises could proceed, but not much else.

Would even scenic Norwegian Cruises happen, would they allow ships to call at ports to refuel or take on board supplies? Can the ships carry enough of both to cover a say a 7 day cruise without stopping? 

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don’t think that any meaningful cruising can happen until the pandemic is under control.

Unless you ate Bernie Ecclestons daughter!!!!

21 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Would even scenic Norwegian Cruises happen, would they allow ships to call at ports to refuel or take on board supplies? Can the ships carry enough of both to cover a say a 7 day cruise without stopping? 

Obviously they can or they would never be able to cross the Oceans.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

No problem with fuel and supplies, we have been on several Atlantic crossings where we have been at sea for 8/9 days.

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I would not see that as a problem, but I do not think ships will stray far without some agreement on disembarkation of any medical emergencies.

Some countries may allow technical stops, though the Canadian statement specifically said no technical stops either.

Just seen an email from P&O about being "whisked away" to new destinations this Valentine's Day...

Current excursions on offer are:

A guided walk to your own living room...

A cookery class in the kitchen ...or

An audio visual "TV experience" in any room of your choice ...

All bubble free!!🤣 and new departures subject to cancellation from Tuesday at 10am onwards🤦

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The trouble is , the definition of the pandemic being under control is as long as a piece of string.

Is it deaths are down to flu levels of 10000 a year

Or we gave eliminated the virus and have zero cases

33 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

The trouble is , the definition of the pandemic being under control is as long as a piece of string.

Is it deaths are down to flu levels of 10000 a year

Or we gave eliminated the virus and have zero cases

Nobody knows for sure.

Edited by Dermotsgirl