Unusual movements

molecrochip

As you know, I'm keeping an eye on our little fleet of ships and a couple of unusual movements occurring.

One for the locals this. Aurora will be calling at Portsmouth International Port tomorrow from about 0930 to 1600. This is a curious movement.

Arcadia, is currently not scheduled to return to Southampton following her call tomorrow. This is a concerning movement. I know where she is apparently heading on departure from Southampton but have no confirmed if anything has changed since last week. Update as soon as I can.

Britannia has had a late call introduced for Saturday and is unusually calling a berth 38/39. I'm thinking this is a first for Britannia who has usually always called at Berth 46 or 106 as she is 330m long and the berth is only 360m.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

As you know, I'm keeping an eye on our little fleet of ships and a couple of unusual movements occurring.

One for the locals this. Aurora will be calling at Portsmouth International Port tomorrow from about 0930 to 1600. This is a curious movement.

Arcadia, is currently not scheduled to return to Southampton following her call tomorrow. This is a concerning movement. I know where she is apparently heading on departure from Southampton but have no confirmed if anything has changed since last week. Update as soon as I can.

Britannia has had a late call introduced for Saturday and is unusually calling a berth 38/39. I'm thinking this is a first for Britannia who has usually always called at Berth 46 or 106 as she is 330m long and the berth is only 360m.

You are in to making cryptic comments again.  Last time no announcement happened as you thought it would.

Seems to me it is way past the time when P&O should come out and let us know what is going on.  Fred has now apparently cancelled all cruises up until the end of June and we all know cancellations tend to be much the same across all cruise lines.  When are P&O going to come clean?

Edited by tring

This post was not supposed to be cryptic.

The announcement I was expecting was linked to a restart plan. However with Government extending national restrictions, I wasn't going to happen. If you like, I'm happy to say I called that one wrong.

I was expecting Arcadia to head off to dry dock but am told it was cancelled. Not now sure where she is going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, molecrochip said:

The announcement I was expecting was linked to a restart plan. However with Government extending national restrictions, I wasn't going to happen. If you like, I'm happy to say I called that one wrong.

I was expecting Arcadia to head off to dry dock but am told it was cancelled. Not now sure where she is going.

What are your predictions for all things mentioned? 

anddd I’m going to ask again aha, any news about Azuras dry dock and her fly cruise season? 

10 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Ok, sorry, must admit he half a bottle of fizz and another couple of drinks has had an effect on me.  We do appreciate your comments, but it is just that sometimes some firm info from P&O is needed as well and tbh they are being somewhat coy at present.  Just my opinion.

Is there a chance, especially if Arcadia's dry dock has been cancelled, that Arcadia and Aurora might be laid up for the rest of the year and the phased return of ships when it happens will be with the larger ships because of it being easier to social distance and more room to instigate covid rules set by the government.

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Is there a chance, especially if Arcadia's dry dock has been cancelled, that Arcadia and Aurora might be laid up for the rest of the year and the phased return of ships when it happens will be with the larger ships because of it being easier to social distance and more room to instigate covid rules set by the government.

With the way things are at the moment that seems a fairly logical possibility. The earliest resumption now looks at least July or August. Assuming a one-ship start-up to trial things with the other larger ships gradually following - and likely that the itineraries will be pretty local, it looks like no sort of normal until at least, say October. If that scenario is at all likely, P&O could quite possibly put Aurora & Arcadia into lay-up somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've not heard anything about that. I was hoping our June 24th cruise could possibly sail. 

Avril

Just conjecture on my part Avril. Not heard anything specific - just looking at how things are now and guessing that it will be late June before the over 50's get the second dose of vaccine.

Just now, Britboys said:

Just conjecture on my part Avril. Not heard anything specific - just looking at how things are now and guessing that it will be late June before the over 50's get the second dose of vaccine.

Andrew agree with you, I think our B2B 35 night on Aurora embarking on the 1st May is not going to happen.

But not the most important thing in our lives. We will not, look to cruise until 2023 or even 2024 or  until the marketing team have trailed the safety

We were looking at maybe a full world cruise, but not at this time.

Keep safe.

7 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

When I saw the title I wondered whether it was about Moleys health or some new dance craze.

So did I Phil - well the health part of your post anyway - I wouldn't know a dance move if it bit me on the backside these days - or is that a dance move in itself? Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

So did I Phil - well the health part of your post anyway - I wouldn't know a dance move if it bit me on the backside these days - or is that a dance move in itself? Jane.x

Your so modest Jane , I bet you have taught a few the Movicol Trott in your time :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I've just looked at AIS.  Aurora is on her way back to Weymouth and Arcadia is scheduled back to Torquay.  All as before.

This is Aurora entering Portsmouth 5 minutes ago (09:30)

20210204_093043.thumb.jpg.ec337e724f8b250cf54d9b12a65822ff.jpg

Edited by Arachnid
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Slightly off topic, but still an unusual movement. Has anyone noticed the sudden format change or have pressed something I sholdn't have?

Avril

Morning Avril :classic_smile: What have you done/pressed now ? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joeecco said:

If Arcadia is to be layed up somewhere, what is everyone’s guess? 

Liverpool maybe? 

Nowhere near Liverpool to anchor ships - the channel in to the city is a fairly narrow one due to shallow water around it.  Also a lot of traffic comes in and out of the Mersey - always some in the sea out there.  TBH I wonder if they would lay up both Aurora and Arcadia, (although that was mentioned by Molecrochip as a possibility a couple of months back), especially as at least one was always expected to leave the fleet by the time Iona 2 arrives. In fact, the way things are going, I would not be surprised if Carnival decide to get rid of a number of ships still in their fleets, including at least one of them, perhaps both.  Sad, but realism will have to be faced and hardly seems worth a long term lay up if a ship does not have much of a life with P&O after that.

1 minute ago, tring said:

Nowhere near Liverpool to anchor ships - the channel in to the city is a fairly narrow one due to shallow water around it.  Also a lot of traffic comes in and out of the Mersey - always some in the sea out there.  TBH I wonder if they would lay up both Aurora and Arcadia, (although that was mentioned by Molecrochip as a possibility a couple of months back), especially as at least one was always expected to leave the fleet by the time Iona 2 arrives. In fact, the way things are going, I would not be surprised if Carnival decide to get rid of a number of ships still in their fleets, including at least one of them, perhaps both.  Sad, but realism will have to be faced and hardly seems worth a long term lay up if a ship does not have much of a life with P&O after that.

I meant to tie her alongside in Liverpool for a longer duration like Azura has in Newcastle.

I think both ships are safe from sale. Arcadia has a good life left and Aurora, if they planned to remove 1 ship before Gala2 arrives then they may remove her on Nov 12 next year when her current itinerary’s are finished (if so I’d be on the last sailing..) because although I agree it doesn’t seem logical to lay a ship up when there’s not much life left, in this case it is as Aurora has a worldie booked for next year and I’m sure that is financially worth keeping her for. Plus it would be a farewell worldie which would be nice for the marketing team. 

It has been confirmed this morning that Aurora's trip to Portsmouth was to test the berthing facilities there. Aurora is the largest cruise ship to arrive at Portsmouth International Port.

For those looking on AIS, it still has today's Weymouth arrival scheduled. This has not been changed in at least 24 hours. Same goes for Arcadia.

• Like 4