MSC Website Frustration

Envelope21

Is the MSC website always this difficult? My April 2021 cruise was cancelled (not really surprised) and I'm looking around for options to rebook. Every cruise to the Bahamas I try to look at shows no cabins available. Occasionally it shows some YC available. This is even when I look out into January of next year.

Obviously all these cruises can't be fully booked. Is this a glitch? I've tried looking at these cruises with some of the online travel agents I've used in the past and I see plenty of availability. Should I just abandon trying to book directly with MSC and use a travel agent instead? How does that affect using a FCC? Any suggestions?

I've cruised extensively with Celebrity, NCL, Royal Caribbean and Carnaval and I've never seen a website so difficult to navigate.

Not sure what you are doing that doesn't allow you to see Cabins. I too am in the process of making choices for two cancelled cruises. Website is working fo rme. I always search for the cruise/cabin I like and then call MSC directly and book with an MSC Agent. I do not think you can use FCC when simply booking on-line. Many people do use TAs, I have not.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Not sure what you are doing that doesn't allow you to see Cabins. I too am in the process of making choices for two cancelled cruises. Website is working fo rme. I always search for the cruise/cabin I like and then call MSC directly and book with an MSC Agent. I do not think you can use FCC when simply booking on-line. Many people do use TAs, I have not.

Thanks for your reply. It occurred to me that maybe it has to do with my being on a Mac. I had tried using 3 different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome). Whenever I went to select my cabin, all the photos of the different categories pop up, and then they immediately disappear.  

It occurred to me to try on DH's ChromeBook laptop. All the categories now magically appear! Yay!

I have another question, if you don't mind. When will I know that my FCC has come through? Do they send you an email? Does it show up in your account? The cancellation email I received said it would be there by February 28. In your experience, do you think that will be the case, or is it wishful thinking.

Thanks for your input.

36 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

I have another question, if you don't mind. When will I know that my FCC has come through? Do they send you an email? Does it show up in your account? The cancellation email I received said it would be there by February 28. In your experience, do you think that will be the case, or is it wishful thinking.

Thanks for your input.

Our February 2021 cruise was cancelled in December, they cancelled several months at a time, and we were told nothing would be processed until February 1. I never did get an email for that FCC but when I called in yesterday and gave the cancelled cruise booking number the agent could see the original FCC. Today I called to book the cruise I had been researching all day (ha!) and yes my correct amount was still there. Today I was told the overage (this was not so with crusies cancelled way back when) could be used towards beverage package or whatever if I purchased it prior to boarding. So that is an improvement - way back when with the very first cancellations I was told the overage had to sit there until the newly booked cruise was over and then I could use it on another cruise as a FCC. All this to say, for our April cancellation we were told to wait until February 28, 2021 to become aware of FCC and that is most likely true. But I have learned an email may not be generated and I can call in and find out what it is.

I use Chrome on a Mac and hey, this problem sounds familiar! I thought it might be due to me trying to book as a solo traveler but I noticed it happened again when I started a mock booking with two people. All I could see was YC cabins.

What has worked for me: Click the plus sign to show the number of travelers, change the number of travelers, click Next, click the plus sign again, set the traveler number to the correct number, and click Next again.

By changing the number of travelers and letting the display update, I was able to see all the available cabins. Then I changed back to my 1-adult setting and let the display/prices update, and everything was showing correctly.

Very annoying, but I did manage to get my first MSC cruise booked yesterday!

Edited by coastcat

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

I use Chrome on a Mac and hey, this problem sounds familiar! I thought it might be due to me trying to book as a solo traveler but I noticed it happened again when I started a mock booking with two people. All I could see was YC cabins.

Hi Coastcat, wow. Thanks! At least I know its not just me!  I'll try your technique in the future.

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

I'm using the UK website.

Until recently, you could select Yacht Club as cabin choice to get results/prices - not any more.

Frustrating isn't the word.

I've now given up looking and will save some ££££ instead.

Can’t you select YC under the More Option filter

In my experience, if the cabin is not available, usually it's because the cruise had been cancelled, is expected to be cancelled, or subject to some kind of change.

I'm having no issues exploring cruises located a bit farther out.

• 3 weeks later...

Frustration with MSC Voyagers Selection sailing 5%+5% showing  on website.

(it would be great to have discounts listed when entering your Voyagers Club number. )

You have to hunt for the 5% plus discounted cruises listed under cruise deals section.

when I call MSC, they claim the code for  cruise is not available. Also, claimed that discounts for Caribbean cruises listed are for December 20, 2021 to Feb 2024.  It clearly says Dec 31, 2020 - Feb 2024.
 We booked the cruise a week ago and want the additional discount applied to our booking. 

You can go to multiple web sites to check pricing and availability without having to us MSC’s  It is much easier. 

I don’t think I am allowed to mention them by name here.  Search under the word cruise and  multiple options will come up and you will normally also get additional on board credit with them.

Edited by dmccadden
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Paphillyguy said:

On the topic of website.  You used to be able to see all open rooms on a map but now I am only seeing 1 or 2 just listed no more map.  Am I doing something wrong ? 

No, you are not doing anything wrong.

MSC seems to limit what cabins you can select for a booking.

some show multiple decks and cabin choices and on others I have only 1 cabin choice . When that one is selected, then they open up next one . Even TA cannot get more choices.  When I select 14 day cruise, I get one choice.

if I split it to B2B, each 7 day cruise has many choices.  MSC is a strange duck.

4 minutes ago, phissy said:

No, you are not doing anything wrong.

MSC seems to limit what cabins you can select for a booking.

some show multiple decks and cabin choices and on others I have only 1 cabin choice . When that one is selected, then they open up next one . Even TA cannot get more choices.  When I select 14 day cruise, I get one choice.

if I split it to B2B, each 7 day cruise has many choices.  MSC is a strange duck.

Thank you, I liked the old why the website worked and it would open the deck floor plan and show the room available.  

7 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

I liked the old why the website worked and it would open the deck floor plan and show the room available.  

The "new" design MSC website still lets you see this.  Once you select your cabin type and experience it goes to a ship profile with forward, midship and aft sections.  Below the cabin numbers available list at the bottom is "See your stateroom on a plan", clicking there will open a deck plan where you can see all available cabins of that type on all decks.

8 minutes ago, Até said:

The "new" design MSC website still lets you see this.  Once you select your cabin type and experience it goes to a ship profile with forward, midship and aft sections.  Below the cabin numbers available list at the bottom is "See your stateroom on a plan", clicking there will open a deck plan where you can see all available cabins of that type on all decks.

Thank you, the issue is that it seems to only give 2 rooms when I find it extremely hard to believe that they are the only 2 rooms available.  I guess they are holding inventory back.  

1 hour ago, phissy said:

When I select 14 day cruise, I get one choice.

The "14 day.." vs "two 7 day..." issue is well known. I'm not sure what options that you are seeing but when I was looking for a 14 day, the only stateroom shown available was all the way aft of the Yacht Club. Looking at two 7 day cruises gave me more options. When I looked at the Royal Suite, it wasn't an option at all for the 14 day but both were open if trying to book as two 7 day. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, deliver42 said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the MSC web site.

As a person who has experienced website issues since I first tried booking with MSC three years ago, I find it amusing when the reps state "They are working on that website problem and everything should be normal by next week."  Maybe they need to look ouside of Italy for IT staff?

On 2/28/2021 at 8:41 AM, phissy said:

Frustration with MSC Voyagers Selection sailing 5%+5% showing  on website.

(it would be great to have discounts listed when entering your Voyagers Club number. )

You have to hunt for the 5% plus discounted cruises listed under cruise deals section.

when I call MSC, they claim the code for  cruise is not available. Also, claimed that discounts for Caribbean cruises listed are for December 20, 2021 to Feb 2024.  It clearly says Dec 31, 2020 - Feb 2024.
 We booked the cruise a week ago and want the additional discount applied to our booking. 

UPDATE:

Received reply from MSC.

"Our website has not been updated with current Voyagers Selection 5%+ discount cruises that are eligible for this discount. Although it may be displayed on our website, it is not currently available for additional discount. We look forward to having you onboard in the future."

So, once again, MSC is a very strange duck.

I guess, they decline discounts when you apply for them?

Just wanted to give others a heads up on this issue.

Hi Cruise Critics,

I have to agree the MSC website is really bad. One thing is they need to spellcheck their forms. I have had a LOT of problems with it using my Mac:

Contact us fails on Chrome, Safari and Firefox using a Mac AND on my iPad.
_________

Contact us
    Booking number does not exists
    Send Contact Us Failed

I have been unable to login to my account for weeks. I've called at least a dozen time, 4 times to web site support. Can someone PLEASE help me!
When I try to login I get thru the 1st page but after many times as I have tried I can not get passed the "Complete your MSC account" I get "An error occured, please try again later". Please help.

Called again 3-1-21 they told me they are still having problems and to wait some more.

This has been going on since January 15th

Super frustrated,

Erik 😷

34 minutes ago, KayakOtter said:

Hi Cruise Critics,

I have to agree the MSC website is really bad. One thing is they need to spellcheck their forms. I have had a LOT of problems with it using my Mac:

Contact us fails on Chrome, Safari and Firefox using a Mac AND on my iPad.
_________

Contact us
    Booking number does not exists
    Send Contact Us Failed

I have been unable to login to my account for weeks. I've called at least a dozen time, 4 times to web site support. Can someone PLEASE help me!
When I try to login I get thru the 1st page but after many times as I have tried I can not get passed the "Complete your MSC account" I get "An error occured, please try again later". Please help.

Called again 3-1-21 they told me they are still having problems and to wait some more.

This has been going on since January 15th

Super frustrated,

Erik 😷

Ditto to all above. Error messages all over the place. When you're use to being able to easily navigate other cruise lines' websites, it is astonishing how bad this is.

• Like 1