Where to hang wet swimsuit on Apex/Edge?

phabric

3 minutes ago, lostchild said:

Would never attempt the clothesline method to dry a suit.  Best method is roll in towel to soak up excess water then lay on another dry towel on a chair if you don't have the luxury of outdoor space.  Will take a day or so to dry completely.  Chlorinated pools are a killer for swimwear.

• Thanks 1

Just now, drakes2 said:

Would never attempt the clothesline method to dry a suit.  Best method is roll in towel to soak up excess water then lay on another dry towel on a chair if you don't have the luxury of outdoor space.  Will take a day or so to dry completely.  Chlorinated pools are a killer for swimwear.

Dang, what kind of swimsuits are you all wearing, wool?  I assume you towel off in the pool area before heading back to your room?!  A day or so to completely dry?  Sorry, I am just having some fun here, but really it is a swim suit already.  Even if it is still damp in the morning it will get wet again when you go to the pool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Dang, what kind of swimsuits are you all wearing, wool?  I assume you towel off in the pool area before heading back to your room?!  A day or so to completely dry?  Sorry, I am just having some fun here, but really it is a swim suit already.  Even if it is still damp in the morning it will get wet again when you go to the pool.

Yes we dry off in the pool area but then have to rinse the suit off in shower very well to get rid of chlorine. That's what damages ladies swimwear.   Maybe I don't spend $200 on a suit but I know people who spend in excess of that amount, however,  I purchase good quality and if cared for properly will last for years.  Now, you have just had a lesson in swimwear 101. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I never bring my best swimsuits on a cruise... ship's chlorine kills them  even if they are tagged chlorine resistant.  They should be rinsed in plain water after use.,  I  also bring one ratty suit for use in the hot tubs or solarium pool and shed no tears if it gets ruined

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

well there's two hundred bucks out the door.  😆 

In my entire life I've never had a swimsuit ruined by hanging it to dry after it has been rinsed out. If that ever happened I'd be screaming for a refund. Hung from a hook, or draped over a towel bar or shower door,  I've never had a problem with stretching. Lay flat to dry? With the lack of space in the average cabin? I don't think so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mom says said:

In my entire life I've never had a swimsuit ruined by hanging it to dry after it has been rinsed out. If that ever happened I'd be screaming for a refund. Hung from a hook, or draped over a towel bar or shower door,  I've never had a problem with stretching. Lay flat to dry? With the lack of space in the average cabin? I don't think so.

Its never recommended to hang a swimsuit to dry. That's just a good way to end up with longer straps or long torso due to gravity. Most cabins have a chair by the vanity so just lay flat on that space with a towel underneath. In all the cruises I've taken over the years I don't recall ever using the chair. 

9 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yes we dry off in the pool area but then have to rinse the suit off in shower very well to get rid of chlorine. That's what damages ladies swimwear.   Maybe I don't spend $200 on a suit but I know people who spend in excess of that amount, however,  I purchase good quality and if cared for properly will last for years.  Now, you have just had a lesson in swimwear 101. 

Thanks. I'm sure we all needed that lesson. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, lostchild said:

^^^ That, a travel clothesline. Or, for even more versatility, one with Velcro on the ends, as we’ve decide it gives us more secure options in a cabin:

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/travel-clothesline

Rinse the swimsuit in the sink, roll it in a dry towel to get rid of the excess moisture, and then hang it on that clothesline. I’ve gotten years from my swimsuits.

There are a lot of things to be worried about right now, but how to dry swimwear in a cruise ship stateroom that doesn’t have a balcony (where you shouldn’t put wet clothing anyway) or its own clothesline really needn’t be of them. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

^^^ That, a travel clothesline. Or, for even more versatility, one with Velcro on the ends, as we’ve decide it gives us more secure options in a cabin:

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/travel-clothesline

Rinse the swimsuit in the sink, roll it in a dry towel to get rid of the excess moisture, and then hang it on that clothesline. I’ve gotten years from my swimsuits.

There are a lot of things to be worried about right now, but how to dry swimwear in a cruise ship stateroom that doesn’t have a balcony (where you shouldn’t put wet clothing anyway) or its own clothesline really needn’t be of them. 

I don't agree. With everything going on with this pandemic affecting all our lives everyone is looking for a deviation.  There are many who might find this topic of interest. JMO. 

By heavy and light magnet hooks. The cabin is metal. Put the hooks on the ceiling in the shower and you can hang bathing suit on it or hang a coat hanger. We love our magnetic hooks. Take them on every cruise. Hang up belts, carry all bags, clothes, etc.  they work great. Used them on the Edge last January so I know they work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I don't agree. With everything going on with this pandemic affecting all our lives everyone is looking for a deviation.  There are many who might find this topic of interest. JMO. 

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I never said the "topic" wasn't of interest  -- my point was that it's pretty easy to deal with wet swimwear on a cruise ship, with or without a balcony, and in fact the OP has been given a number of suggestions, so this is something no one needs to be worrying over, especially now.   

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I never said the "topic" wasn't of interest 

Never put words in your mouth at all. I was the one who said others may find the topic of interest. You are not reading the post correctly. 

42 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

After all of this swimsuit talk, how I wish I could be swimming in the Caribbean or even the solarium on the ship. Love the solarium pool.

Yes me too.  The 2 gorgeous suits I bought last year for 3 cancelled cruises still fit so I take it as a good sign.  It helps to remain positive that we will eventually get there and I will then play catch up. 👙🍸

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yes me too.  The 2 gorgeous suits I bought last year for 3 cancelled cruises still fit so I take it as a good sign.  It helps to remain positive that we will eventually get there and I will then play catch up. 👙🍸

The elastic can also stretch out while storing them.  Hope u get to use them soon.

I am lucky to have access to my dtrs  pool up north and at our  Fla Comunity when weather is mild. I buy mid range..some last for many yrs others fail much sooner..they go in the hot tub pile.

Yes to those who remind us of bigger issues these days but sometimes we can enjoy a bit of fashion fun! At least it's not a dress code thread!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes to those who remind us of bigger issues these days but sometimes we can enjoy a bit of fashion fun! At least it's not a dress code thread!

Thank you for saying that; my thoughts exactly. I am so housebound as still on lockdown so any deviation is so welcome and these boards are the best therapy. 

• Like 1