Alaska 2021 Cruise Lifted & Shifted To 2022!

CruiserMickey

Last evening I thought I successfully L & S my 2021 Transpacific Cruise. Successful enough to be assigned another stateroom since mine was occupied already. I called today to ask about an updated invoice and was told the L & S was now on hold until TBD. Not happy!  Sorry if my misinformation caused problems. I will keep trying, and updating. Right now I need some zen meditation after my Celebrity encounter. 

I did a L&S this morning and received an updated invoice within 5 minutes.  Worked out fine just as in the past, only negative I had was we have a Concierge class cabin and 2 of us traveling, I asked for a certain cabin only to be told while it was vacant, it was a "quad" cabin so it was not available to us.  We got another cabin basically the same, just on the back of the hump instead of the front.

Rep told me they were making a decision regarding refunds by Friday, but had opened up L&S now.  We were on the Eclipse starting/ending in Vancouver so Canada closing affected more than just a port stop along the way for us.

Just now, nwcruiselover said:

Per my prior post, I tried yesterday to do a L&S on September 2021 Solstice TP and was told no by the representative and supervisor.  I just called again and the representative did the L&S for me, no questions asked, no supervisor involved.  Hopefully others will have success also. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I tried again yesterday after reading of NECriuseLover successful L & S of my same cruise. Again, no luck. Transferred to 2 additional representatives. If they are deciding on an individual case basis, I’m afraid my number has been flagged!🙄

2 hours ago, My hero 6 said:

I tried again yesterday after reading of NECriuseLover successful L & S of my same cruise. Again, no luck. Transferred to 2 additional representatives. If they are deciding on an individual case basis, I’m afraid my number has been flagged!🙄

Were yours already lifted and shifted?   Have heard some talk of that being allowed on Alaska sailings (hope it's true!) but not sure about the NE ones.

Very frustrating (but not unexpected) that the announcement "no later than" 2/12, will likely be on 2/12.  Expect long phone holds, crashing systems, and a lot of frustrated customers - and that includes those already spending hours on their computers trying to snag vaccination appointments.  Those of us using TA's not available on the week-end will be in an even worse situation, unless we are able to L&S or request refunds online.  If they are offering some alternative sailings perhaps (if some miracle occurs with the PVSA act for example), then it will really be a mess.

Sorry if I sound like a downer.  Have already had many cruises cancelled so far, and already lifted and shifted one Alaska cruise and one NE cruise to this year that likely will not happen.  Very stressful

Edited by phoenix_dream

Just managed to do a Lift and Shift, new restrictions are a week either side of original date. I was originally booked on the Millennium, which was cancelled in 2020 and the put us on the Eclipse, due to no cabins available for 2021. They would not let me switch it back to the Millennium, that was our preferred itinerary. But happy we got our great price and perks moved over to next year. 

I just spoke with Lisa, Resolutions Department,  after 30 minutes on hold. She stated all the TP’s that we’re L & S would be returned to previous status. I told her I was going to post on my CC roll call just that, and she said go ahead. She was very adamant that those L & S cruises were made in error, and would be corrected. Can’t wait to see what happens next. To be totally honest, she did tell me to keep checking back things are fluid!

My TA lifted and shifted my Alaska cruise to 2022 on Wednesday which was already a lift and shift from 2020. Same suite room same price :). I have received updated invoices and will wait patiently to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary 2 years late....lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Yes, at least it did in my case. TP Sept 2020 to 2021 then to 2022. 

Yes just offered the same - the problem now is we have moved so much or booked new for 22 expecting to cruise in 21 that Im not sure theres any  room left to shift it too

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just heard from our X PVP that Celebrity will be officially releasing their Alaska cruising update at 3 pm EST today.

I heard that Cruise Critic tripled their server bandwidth in anticipation of this announcement today.  😂 Good luck all of you that have an Alaska cruise on your horizon...

Edited by LGW59

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I heard that Cruise Critic tripled their server bandwidth in anticipation of this announcement today.  Good luck all of you that have an Alaska cruise on your horizon...

We have a B2B on the Millennium in May that was cancelled and we could tell from the "nonverbals" in his voice pattern on the recorded line that he really wanted to tell us what he knows, but couldn't. So, yes, our now scheduled afternoon call with him has definitely got us curious about what decisions have been made, especially since we have no plans to L&S the two bookings.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

It most certainly is official.

Travel Alerts & Advisories | Celebrity Cruises

Friday, February 12th, 2021

The Government of Canada has recently announced continued port closures for all cruise ships through February 28, 2022.  In order to comply with these closures, Celebrity Cruises has placed all sailings with an embarkation or port of call in Canada, on hold while we explore itinerary options.  While this news is certainly disappointing, we certainly respect their decision and appreciate that they have their own set of COVID-19 circumstances to manage.  As we work on potential alternatives, we hope that guests will keep their existing vacation reservation with us. However, any guests who desire to adjust their booking will be provided the option to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation in 2022, or they may cancel for a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund.  While we are exploring alternatives, for guests who choose to maintain their booking, reservations approaching their final payment due dates will be adjusted to 45 days prior to departure.  We will continue to work with health and transportation officials around the world, and focus on what we can do to support our guests, the people who rely on the tourism industry and the regions in which we operate

Cheers, h.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We have a B2B on the Millennium in May that was cancelled and we could tell from the "nonverbals" in his voice pattern on the recorded line that he really wanted to tell us what he knows, but couldn't. So, yes, our now scheduled afternoon call with him has definitely got us curious about what decisions have been made, especially since we have no plans to L&S the two bookings.

We heard back from our PVP who pretty much reiterated what was said in Celebrity's 3 pm email. One interesting side note that he mentioned, and we don't know how factual it is, but part of the temporary PVSA waiver request being worked, besides being able to sail out of Seattle and bypass any Canadian ports, might also include that only US citizens would be allowed on the applicable Alaska cruises. Again, don't know how true it is, but we did find it interesting. If I'm not mistaken, didn't some initial MSC cruises last year during the pandemic only allow guests who were residents from Europe's 26-nation Schengen visa-free travel zone to sail on one of these cruises?

In the letters posted here there didn't seem to be any deadline for making the decision on choice.

1) Refund

2) 125% FCC

3) Move sailing to 2022

4) Keep reservation with 45 day final payment date.

#4 should only be available to Blue Chip Club members (gamblers) 😀