Great prices today!

erinsmom03

If anyone else is booked on Serenade for Alaska July 24, 2022, I just saved $938 each on 2 refundable deposit cabins and $849 with a non-refundable deposit cabin. These were all aft cabins deck 9, 2 person occupancy (I think they're 4B?). We didn't see a savings on an Oceanview cabin (1N?) for 4 on deck 8, price was higher.

Also saved almost $400 on a JS on Indy for December 27, 2021. Saved my family a little more than $1300 today, and my friends almost $1800. Not bad for my price checking hobby!

Just thought I'd pass it along, looks like a good sale today.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just before Canada's announcement, I was looking at Celebrity Alaska for 2022.  Then that happened and by golly, I'm so tired of playing games with bookings I could tear my hair out!  I have one left in September and I've decided I'm not booking again until this thing is over and done with, if it ever is!!!!!!

4 hours ago, loman said:

Not bad for half an hours work .  Your friends and family should be very pleased with you today .

We were all pretty excited! We booked early for the Alaska cruise, and I've not seen the price move much...and it was usually moving up, not down! Even the rep I talked to at Royal was surpised... I guess I was just very lucky! But at least my obsessive price checking paid off lol😂

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

No price changes to the cruise I have booked.

Bummer!! 

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

My Sept 18, 2022 Serenade Alaska has gone up...glad I booked when I did.

No idea why mine would go down and yours wouldn't...that is really weird. Is September more popular than July? I know our girls' room was more expensive. But, I saved on 4 rooms out of 5 total, and much more than I usually save on a reprice, so I am so happy! Hope yours goes down too.

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Just before Canada's announcement, I was looking at Celebrity Alaska for 2022.  Then that happened and by golly, I'm so tired of playing games with bookings I could tear my hair out!  I have one left in September and I've decided I'm not booking again until this thing is over and done with, if it ever is!!!!!!

I can't help it...I'm desperately hoping for some sailing in the future! But I have decided I only book refundable for now...even if that means no suite... I don't want any more FCC!

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

All my future sailings have been pulled, since they are >7 days.  So, no price comparison possible at this time.

Sorry you lost all your savings. Hope that we all can return to the seas by the end of this year! 

6 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

If anyone else is booked on Serenade for Alaska July 24, 2022, I just saved $938 each on 2 refundable deposit cabins and $849 with a non-refundable deposit cabin. These were all aft cabins deck 9, 2 person occupancy (I think they're 4B?). We didn't see a savings on an Oceanview cabin (1N?) for 4 on deck 8, price was higher.

Also saved almost $400 on a JS on Indy for December 27, 2021. Saved my family a little more than $1300 today, and my friends almost $1800. Not bad for my price checking hobby!

Just thought I'd pass it along, looks like a good sale today.

You did Awesome!    I usually only save a couple hundred (sometimes less than $100) on a reprice.    Great Job!     I try to do weekly checks for reprices and haven't seen anything for less than what I booked at for 9 of my future cruises.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Bummer!! 

No idea why mine would go down and yours wouldn't...that is really weird. Is September more popular than July? I know our girls' room was more expensive. But, I saved on 4 rooms out of 5 total, and much more than I usually save on a reprice, so I am so happy! Hope yours goes down too.

Congrats! Happen's at times. Years ago Sept/Oct and Feb dates I'd Cruise w/kids use be cheapest, now no rhyme or reason at times. Scored dozen reductions since last Summer, over $5000. Most recent was $250 last week on a Nov2022 sailing. Check everyday as you see worth it and always watching for better deal/Cabin. Rare but times price dropped just for that day and back up. Last 2+ yrs been lot more Military Discounts offered, one time was rare and closer to sailing but lately been available further out now

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You did Awesome!    I usually only save a couple hundred (sometimes less than $100) on a reprice.    Great Job!     I try to do weekly checks for reprices and haven't seen anything for less than what I booked at for 9 of my future cruises.    

Thanks! That's usually what I would get too! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Congrats! Happen's at times. Years ago Sept/Oct and Feb dates I'd Cruise w/kids use be cheapest, now no rhyme or reason at times. Scored dozen reductions since last Summer, over $5000. Most recent was $250 last week on a Nov2022 sailing. Check everyday as you see worth it and always watching for better deal/Cabin. Rare but times price dropped just for that day and back up. Last 2+ yrs been lot more Military Discounts offered, one time was rare and closer to sailing but lately been available further out now

Thanks! I am a bit obsessive unless work is really busy, and check at least once a day. I always check the cruise planner too. Love getting a good deal! Sounds like you are a pro at getting the best prices!

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Bummer!! 

Category? I got a great deal on our two cabins...a GS and the 2 bdrm/2 bath next door.

I believe July is one of the higher priced times. I've always gotten a good deal on my mid May's and early September Alaska cruises.

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

But how much of that $5,000 eventually cancelled?

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Category? I got a great deal on our two cabins...a GS and the 2 bdrm/2 bath next door.

I believe July is one of the higher priced times. I've always gotten a good deal on my mid May's and early September Alaska cruises.

Our Indy Bahamas is a JS, but our Serenade is a 4B I think. I scored the aft corner balcony on deck 9, and our friends have the two cabins next to us. 

We haven't done a true suite level yet. I had planned to move up to one, but I really don't want any more FCC... and I don't want to pay the crazy high extra $$ for a refundable deposit on a suite. So for now, a JS will be the best we book. I really wanted the corner JS on deck 10 for Serenade, but it was taken before we could book it. All of you helped me see that 9256 has a great balcony, so I went for that one.

One day, I can try the suite life 😂

I can only compare what we paid for our Ovation Alaska cruise in 2019, and that was a lot more than what we are paying for the 2022 on Serenade, so that makes me happy!

12 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

Hello from a fellow Michigander.  I am on hold right now, trying to reprice!  LOL  It looks like just a couple of hundred dollars on two of our 5 bookings, but hey, I can multitask while I wait!

Nancy

Yay! I'm so glad someone else found some savings! I really wasn't on hold long, and the service reps that I spoke to were fantastic. 

How are you enjoying our frigid Michigan weather? 🥶 I for one am well past over it! It really makes me wish I was somewhere warm right now! What part of the state are you from? We're southeast lower peninsula, but I lived half my childhood in the good ole UP!

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But isn't it really half an hour every day, 365 days a year 🤔

😂 true on some level! It's more like a hobby for me though. I really love researching travel, always have. I'm researching Gatlinburg right now. So, I don't see the time I spent price checking as work... the time on the phone, yes, and that definitely paid off 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Paid £940 for my Grandeur...today it’s £2230! 
#winsomelosesome 

Sounds like you got a much better price when you booked it for sure! That's what I usually see when I book early...so yesterday's reprice score was quite a surprise for me.

• Like 1