Oceania Extends Final Payment Dates

retafcruiser

I just received an email extending cruise final payment and/or cancellation dates:

IMPORTANT FINAL PAYMENT EXTENSION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

On behalf of your entire Oceania Cruises family, I hope you are doing well and that you are looking forward to your upcoming Oceania Cruises voyage. We know what a great deal of planning goes into a vacation and we are also acutely aware that travelers have many more concerns than they did in the past.

In order to provide you with an extra measure of flexibility and peace of mind, we are amending the final payment due date for all cruises departing through October 31, 2021 to 60 days prior to departure. Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

Should you have any questions regarding payment or any facet of your Oceania Cruises voyage, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega

Vice President of Guest Services 

Edited by retafcruiser

• retafcruiser changed the title to Oceania Extends Final Payment Dates
5 minutes ago, marieps said:

The cruise sailing at limited capacity should help with dining availability.  

Assuming all specialty restaurants are in operation every night.

They could rotate days of operation to help with crew manning levels elsewhere.

For example.

I think I read on a 'Live from' thread form another cruise line in Europe last year the buffet was only in operation for breakfast and lunch.

At dinner the crew were used in other restaurants.

That's why we'll all be keen to follow actual 'Live from' reports when more ships start up again, to see just how much the onboard experience has changed.

Didn’t get that email.  Still holding an August booking that has final payment due mid May.  When Oceania canceled cruises until June, we were ready to cancel.  Maybe we’ll wait longer. I will not pay final payment until cruises sail again safely.  Not really expecting to sail this summer.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Assuming all specialty restaurants are in operation every night.

They could rotate days of operation to help with crew manning levels elsewhere.

For example.

I think I read on a 'Live from' thread form another cruise line in Europe last year the buffet was only in operation for breakfast and lunch.

At dinner the crew were used in other restaurants.

That's why we'll all be keen to follow actual 'Live from' reports when more ships start up again, to see just how much the onboard experience has changed.

Yes, that is a little concern. Other vacation destinations like all-inclusive resorts are limiting resort capacity but also limiting the number of diners per restaurant and sometimes rotating the nights each restaurant is open. I guess we're all waiting to see

My travel agent sent me the same email from Oceania, except the date says "October 31, 2020" not 2021.  I'm sure Oceania will correct that typo.  My big concern is:  How does this new final payment date affect the cancellation dates and penalties, which are based upon dates "prior to departure," not final payment.  If I cancel the day before the new final payment date, am I liable for $250 or 75% of full fare? Has anyone obtained an answer from Oceania? My TA will try to get an answer tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Twiga said:

My travel agent sent me the same email from Oceania, except the date says "October 31, 2020" not 2021.  I'm sure Oceania will correct that typo.  My big concern is:  How does this new final payment date affect the cancellation dates and penalties, which are based upon dates "prior to departure," not final payment.  If I cancel the day before the new final payment date, am I liable for $250 or 75% of full fare? Has anyone obtained an answer from Oceania? My TA will try to get an answer tomorrow. 

It states in the email that cancellation are moved also....

In order to provide you with an extra measure of flexibility and peace of mind, we are amending the final payment due date for all cruises departing through October 31, 2021 to 60 days prior to departure. Additionally, cancellation penalties will not start until the new final payment deadline, at 60 days prior to departure.

That is correct, basor, that is what the Oceania email says.  But the cancellation penalties are tied to the departure date, not the final payment date.  If the intention is that there will be no penalties incurred until 60 days prior to departure, what are those penalties at that point?  100%?  I wonder why some emails have the correct date of October 31, 2021, like above, but some say 2020, like mine.  I am concerned that the cancellation portion of the email is similarly inaccurate or simply vague.  I would not attempt to cancel my cruise without knowing exactly what the penalties would be.  I would like that clarification. 

24 minutes ago, Twiga said:

That is correct, basor, that is what the Oceania email says.  But the cancellation penalties are tied to the departure date, not the final payment date.  If the intention is that there will be no penalties incurred until 60 days prior to departure, what are those penalties at that point?  100%?  I wonder why some emails have the correct date of October 31, 2021, like above, but some say 2020, like mine.  I am concerned that the cancellation portion of the email is similarly inaccurate or simply vague.  I would not attempt to cancel my cruise without knowing exactly what the penalties would be.  I would like that clarification. 

I'd check with your TA.  That's the best source for clarification, not the Oceania Board.

• Like 2

I'm confused.  I have a booking for July 2021 and it still shows final payment 90 days in advance with cancel for any reason up to 15 days before sailing.  I didn't get this e-mail.

I guess I still have a 90 day final payment date.

2 hours ago, Twiga said:

My travel agent sent me the same email from Oceania, except the date says "October 31, 2020" not 2021.  I'm sure Oceania will correct that typo.

Oceania already sent another revised email after an hour.

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I'm confused.  I have a booking for July 2021 and it still shows final payment 90 days in advance with cancel for any reason up to 15 days before sailing.  I didn't get this e-mail.

Oceania representative replies that, the final payment date on the invoice (or if you check by login to your account) will not be updated (still shown as 90 days in advance). But if you receive that email, it serves as a confirmation that the final payment is moved to 60 days in advance. You can check again with your TA to see if they get the same answer.

• Like 1

Thanks, Cruise Wonderland!  I have not yet received the revised email.  It came through my TA, so I expect I will receive it today.  1985rz1, thank you for your comment.  I stated in my first post that my TA would ask Oceania today about my questions.  Posters to this board often have quick responses, so I thought I would see if anyone here had an answer already, as Cruise Wonderland did.

• Like 1

I also found out from my TA that she received the email.  I don't see this as the potential negative pinot lover does.  I most definitely would have cancelled on my own in April had there been no movement in the UK policy by then. (My TA final payment had been due 6 months prior to Oct. sailing.  Ouch.)  This gives me and the UK more time to let the virus run its course...hopefully in reverse.  

12 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Oceania already sent another revised email after an hour.

Oceania representative replies that, the final payment date on the invoice (or if you check by login to your account) will not be updated (still shown as 90 days in advance). But if you receive that email, it serves as a confirmation that the final payment is moved to 60 days in advance. You can check again with your TA to see if they get the same answer.

I just got word from my TA that my FPD was also put at 60 days.  🙂

• Like 1

Before my scheduled TA on 15 October Sirena is supposed to be spending the summer between the UK and Sweden.  She's in Italy now chillin'.  Since it's unlikely any cruise involving the UK will happen anytime before fall, I suspect the TA is in trouble.  So sad.

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just got word from my TA that my FPD was also put at 60 days.  🙂

Would love it if they made that the policy for all cruises. Final payment for ATW is six months before the cruise...don't think they will change that one...😉

39 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Would love it if they made that the policy for all cruises. Final payment for ATW is six months before the cruise...don't think they will change that one...😉

If you're booked for ATW, check with O or your travel agent.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you're booked for ATW, check with O or your travel agent.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

For 2021 ATW, Oceania has extended the balance deadline for 60 days (6 months before departure >> 4 months before departure). This was announced in June 2020. Eventually Oceania announced the cancellation of this voyage in August 2020 before the balance deadline.

Hence it is possible that the balance deadline of 2022 ATW will also be extended. Let's see if there is any announcement in June this year.

image.png.74e9552027f4218aed9803c28db1a42f.png.

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

For 2021 ATW, Oceania has extended the balance deadline for 60 days (6 months before departure >> 4 months before departure). This was announced in June 2020. Eventually Oceania announced the cancellation of this voyage in August 2020 before the balance deadline.

Hence it is possible that the balance deadline of 2022 ATW will also be extended. Let's see if there is any announcement in June this year.

image.png.74e9552027f4218aed9803c28db1a42f.png.

Yes, but I'm on the 2023... 🙂

• Like 1