Changes to Cruise Planner Coming

FB is more active than the roll calls now. There was cross over of CC members when I joined the group for my sailing. A lot of information was exchanged about pricing and private excursions. My roll call was dead which provoked me to try FB. It was the first time that I ever joined a FB group. I actually set up a separate FB account with an anonymous name and no personal information, not even a picture of myself.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I know in the past it was suggested that you buy at the price you think is good and cancel and repurchase if the price drops. My question is to the regulars. Have you ever seen a price lower than what you purchased it for?  Don't include the $18 glitch on the drink package. I followed prices on the drink packages and zoom for over a year. I never saw the deluxe package less than buy one get one 50% off which was available on board on the embarkation day. The refreshment package and zoom was the least expensive on Black Friday.  As a rule of thumb a deluxe package above $55 isn't worth it for us so I focus on the price as opposed to if it's on sale or not.  That price target may change if the prices of the individual prices skyrocket. 

I have. I buy the drink package at my target price and then check randomly. I'm not really super-aggressive about it. Once I actually did see a better sale (imagine that!!) that dropped the DP from $45 pp/pd to $42. For 3 people for 7 days it was a $63. I think I took that "savings" and purchased a specialty restaurant. So Royal still got my money and more!

Yeah, I'm a lollipop-head. (sucker).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I have. I buy the drink package at my target price and then check randomly. I'm not really super-aggressive about it. Once I actually did see a better sale (imagine that!!) that dropped the DP from $45 pp/pd to $42. For 3 people for 7 days it was a $63. I think I took that "savings" and purchased a specialty restaurant. So Royal still got my money and more!

Yeah, I'm a lollipop-head. (sucker).

I have also looked for price drops so I can by other things. 

24 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I actually set up a separate FB account with an anonymous name and no personal information, not even a picture of myself.

Congratulations on being able to do this.  I tried doing it a couple of years ago to join a Star Class FB group and I ended up just abandoning the idea...they made it so hard.  I am not particularly IT skilled...and I think b/c I had an old, long since closed FB account using the same IP address, they knew that it was me, trying to create a fictitious account....which was 100% true !  Anyway, I failed at doing this...but glad you were able to do it.  I wish I could do it.  

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Congratulations on being able to do this.  I tried doing it a couple of years ago to join a Star Class FB group and I ended up just abandoning the idea...they made it so hard.  I am not particularly IT skilled...and I think b/c I had an old, long since closed FB account using the same IP address, they knew that it was me, trying to create a fictitious account....which was 100% true !  Anyway, I failed at doing this...but glad you were able to do it.  I wish I could do it.  

I created an account for my dog I even used her picture. I got the idea from a friend that I met on a cruise who has always had an account for her cat. I'm FB friends with both the owner and the cat.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I know in the past it was suggested that you buy at the price you think is good and cancel and repurchase if the price drops. My question is to the regulars. Have you ever seen a price lower than what you purchased it for?  Don't include the $18 glitch on the drink package. I followed prices on the drink packages and zoom for over a year. I never saw the deluxe package less than buy one get one 50% off which was available on board on the embarkation day. The refreshment package and zoom was the least expensive on Black Friday.  As a rule of thumb a deluxe package above $55 isn't worth it for us so I focus on the price as opposed to if it's on sale or not.  That price target may change if the prices of the individual prices skyrocket. 

In general I have seen things lower then what I purchased them originally for.  But it depends on the item and of course if I originally purchased something at a very good price.

Royal tends to vary prices a lot while, from what I have seen Princess does not.  Just by way of comparison.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, molly361 said:

Paula, we are also going in May 2022.  3 night dining package is $67pp and UDP $163-  No shore excursions or beverage packages loaded

We have to pay $144.44 pp for the 3 meal package on our Antham cruise

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

As a rule of thumb a deluxe package above $55 isn't worth it for us so I focus on the price as opposed to if it's on sale or not.

That's exactly what we do. I've normally secured a $45 or lower on our cruises with the DDP. I always get my money's worth at those rates.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

You used to be able to log into cruise planner with just the reservation number, ship, sail date and last name.  I could go in and purchase things for clients.  

I just checked and this option has been removed.  Now you have to create an account which includes creating a password..

This stinks as I also like to go into the Cruise Planner for my clients because a lot of them are first timers.. usually to give them guidance with a drink package. I noticed this change a few days ago and hope it was a glitch. This is gonna stink that we can no longer go into their Planner. 

• Like 1

I've been slow to figure out the new cruise planner  'experience' but stumbled upon the order history.  Its important to me as i 'shop' a couple times a week.  To find what you've ordered and what you've spent, click on your initials next to the shopping cart, and follow the drop down to order history.  Snapshot picture attached.  

Happy Shopping!

new cruise planner.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1