Changes to Cruise Planner Coming

2 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I started to read the Terms and Conditions but got bored about halfway through!  😀  They did say Drink Packages and Dining were still refundable up to 48 hours before sailing, so looks like no change there.

I tried to book Dining but it would not let me and said I had to call.  There were only a couple of Padi Diving excursions showing.  I can’t check cause now it won’t let me back in!  🤣🤔

I have a meeting now, but will try again when I get out!

Thanks.

I’m wondering and hoping  if it is in fact the 48 hours prior to sailing where the non refundable reference was from.  It could also be certain shore excursions booked through outside vendors. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

The website already tries to redirect you to view your existing cruises when you try to browse the cruise list.

One of the most annoying things about the website.

When you go to the homepage it immediately redirects you to try to 'log in'.

Wish they'd remove that. Don't even understand why they'd add it.

• Like 3

Our April 2022 Mariner cruise only had the new format for the CoCoCay shore excursions and dining options. I clicked on a few and did not see any that were non-refundable. The other categories had the message shown in the previous post. 

One addition is that for the cabanas it showed how many more were left, assuming its accurate.

mac_tlc

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

One of the most annoying things about the website.

When you go to the homepage it immediately redirects you to try to 'log in'.

Wish they'd remove that. Don't even understand why they'd add it.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s the possibility that I am afraid of. 

Hello,

Two possible ways around this: After each sessions delete all cookies and history (a pain in the bum is all login names and similar that were remembered will now be forgotten); have two completely different browsers - one used 'normally' and one used in 'Private Session' and that one set not to keep cookies or history.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So next, after you book a cruise you will not be able to do price checks. It will just say you are already booked on this cruise.🙄

Let's not even say they could take away reprice option of the cruise.  You can do a mock booking without logging in but of course that wont show discounts for diamond and greater.

I'm thinking the items that may be non-refundable could be certain excursions that will have limited space.  

I always use Chrome incognito mode to check prices after booking. But of course you cannot see a Diamond or past cruise discount and have to estimate.  If I see that pricing is close to my current cost without discounts, I call to have it formally checked.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Two possible ways around this: After each sessions delete all cookies and history (a pain in the bum is all login names and similar that were remembered will now be forgotten); have two completely different browsers - one used 'normally' and one used in 'Private Session' and that one set not to keep cookies or history.

Regards,

Cublet

That no longer works.  They have removed the option of signing in by reservation number.  You must have an account in order to sign in now.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I suspect the CSR's will soon tire of checking the current prices for all of the Cruise Planner purchases.  To be sure, I will be calling daily to see what the prices are...just to register my displeasure.

The reps may only be able to see what you see.  They have to access your sailing through your reservation.

I saw same thing , had bought the premium drink package and ultimate dinning and I always keep checking to see if price went down and when I look now it doesn’t show current price just says I already purchased it. I did get a good price it was listed at 40 percent discount when I got it , I am very familiar with prices since we normally prebuy. This is for a November allure cruise. Guess we could ask people on roll call that hadn’t already purchased it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I'm sure this is all based on customer feedback and is intended to enhance the cruise experience, but I think the constant booking/cancelling/rebooking of cruise planner items is something they want to reduce. Reminds me of why they expanded the use of non-refundable fares. 

mac_tlc

I agree there is too much bookkeeping with canceling and repurchasing. With that said if the consumer thinks the price is too high and it’s non refundable they will hold off purchasing. This will drive the price down and maybe real sales will be offered. For us this may be the difference between booking Royal and purchasing drink packages and booking with Celebrity with their all inclusive or Princess when they are offering a free drink package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

I do that but there are sites that won’t let you browse unless you accept cookies. 

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

My May 2022 Mariner cruises had the new Cruise Planner loaded last night.  Our OBC was not showing up on the Reservations, but when I visited again first thing this morning, the OBC was there.

It will take me a little while to get used to the new look/format.  I haven’t booked anything yet, but might test the waters later!  😀

Paula, we are also going in May 2022.  3 night dining package is $67pp and UDP $163-  No shore excursions or beverage packages loaded

Edited by molly361

This sounds like it will just encourage people to book a cheap, refundable cabin just to keep track of prices. Still leaves you with the 90 days after final payment that you won't be able to track prices, but hopefully by then a robust roll call will be sharing prices.

We always have our children in a separate cabin, so I will just buy things like cabanas under our cabin and check prices under their cabin. The issue I see with that is buying drink packages or thrill park tickets for everyone. Maybe I will have to manufacture another child in another cabin to track until at least final payment.

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I suspect the CSR's will soon tire of checking the current prices for all of the Cruise Planner purchases.  To be sure, I will be calling daily to see what the prices are...just to register my displeasure.

You read my mind!  😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Paula, we are also going in May 2022.  3 night dining package is $67pp and UDP $163-  No shore excursions or beverage packages loaded

I thought the Dining prices were reasonable too and purchased for both Mariner cruises.  I had to try a couple of times to figure out how to make it accept the OBC for payment.  When I used all the zeros, 200.00, it came back with an error.  It took the payment, including the OBC, when I just used the decimal point, 200.  

• Like 2